PDA

View Full Version : trimmed an inch off

jojo
February 18th, 2010, 05:32 AM
First sorry this photo will not re-size on photobucket, but I have just trimmed an inch off and I now measure 28.5". It looks a little uneven but its how I stand, I have uneven shoulders.

It badly needed a trim as the ends where getting splitty, the ends still look thin though. I am wondering if to cut another inch off.

My hair is also much straighter of late but it has been damp combed to make it straighter for the photo to show length!

Opinions please and dont be afraid of being honest.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/DSCF2151-1.jpg

Elistariel
February 18th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Seems a teensy bit shorter on the (viewer's) left side.

I attempted a tiny trim myself the other day and noticed my scissors need sharpening. I just got the scraggly bits off the tip end of a pony tail, but even then I noticed that my scissors would cut the first tidbit then just push out the rest.
I need to go to Great Clips later on to get a real trim. I want long hair, but not scraggly long hair.

WyrdWay
February 18th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Your ends look fine, but it might look different when its dry. But don't worry about that inch or even if you end up cutting another because you will have it back in a few months!

And if the trim only looks uneven because of the way you are standing that's ok to, I'm sure when its dry and gets wavey it will be hardly noticable. ^_^ It looks heathly anyway and health it what's matters right?

Dani
February 18th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Your hair is gorgeous and golden, I love it! :D

Liss
February 18th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Lovely shine!
I don't think your ends look sparse, so there's probably no need to trim anymore unless it is still damaged (doesn't appear so in the image)
It does look a bit longer on one side, but I was thinking that it might be from the wave at the ends. When it is dried in your normal style, it might not be apparent.

Carolyn
February 18th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Your hair looks lovely, JoJo! I have to face east, click my heels 5 times and sing the national anthem for my hair to look even :silly: I've given up trying to judge the evenness myself. I rely on my friend who does most of my trims to say if it's even or not. If it isn't, I don't really know and I live with it. Keep up the good work, your hair looks so good :)

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I think you did a great job! As others have said, it will probably look way different when it's dry - and it wouldn't hurt to put another pic in this thread to show the difference. ;) (Yeah...maybe I just love hair pics, lol) Anywho, there isn't any need to trim more off, your ends look very nice and I think they look full. :)

Benjamin_T
February 18th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Wow, that is nice healthy shiny hair!

jojo
February 19th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I have a deformity in my right shoulder which makes it look lobsided, in reality it is straight. It always seems to look like that in photos!!! xx

jojo
February 19th, 2010, 12:02 PM
thanks everybody for your kind words and honesty,; I appreciate it xxx

jojo
February 19th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I think you did a great job! As others have said, it will probably look way different when it's dry - and it wouldn't hurt to put another pic in this thread to show the difference. ;) (Yeah...maybe I just love hair pics, lol) Anywho, there isn't any need to trim more off, your ends look very nice and I think they look full. :)
Thanks yes I will put another up when its dry, I just did a mud mask on my hair...ive gone a little DC mad at the moment!!