PDA

View Full Version : If only it were real...

LittleOrca
February 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
... well, at least real in the sense it could so this for your hair without ruining it. It was a humorous picture either way and I had to share it. :)

Magic Ponytail (http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/commons/ponytail.jpg)

NiAosSi
February 17th, 2010, 04:59 PM
:lol: Looks pretty weird.

LittleOrca
February 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I know, right? lol

MissMandyElizab
February 17th, 2010, 05:01 PM
that so did not look right ....but very funny

*Aoife*
February 17th, 2010, 05:07 PM
That just looks freaky!

Eryka
February 17th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Reminds me of a certain "hair gel" moment in There's Something About Mary

Ballerina_Boo
February 17th, 2010, 05:11 PM
It looks like something out of a Dr. Suess movie. But totally cool.

camirra555
February 17th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I wish that were real! Even the elastics without metal bars cause some breakage in my hair

JenniferNoel
February 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Get the right physics and hair glue and it's possible. *attempts*
:cheese:

Fractalsofhair
February 17th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Hmmm... That might work really well with hair gel/stuff that could be used to hold a mohawk up!

redneckprincess
February 17th, 2010, 06:19 PM
yeah cool but umm ok well wierd

littleorca I just LOVE your new avatar

Sissy
February 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
hey, that's a pretty cool concept! No more damage from hair ties!

christine1989
February 17th, 2010, 08:27 PM
ahh, the magic of photoshop :)

TiaKitty
February 17th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I agree, definately Seuss-ish.

When I read the title to your thread, LittleOrca, I was sure it was going to be more pictures of your tail! Yay for your tail! I love it...

TheLuckyLurker
February 17th, 2010, 08:35 PM
No damage from hair ties, but I imagine anything that could make your hair do that would be an absolute nightmare to get out! Especially for people using WO or NW/SO.

LittleOrca
February 17th, 2010, 08:59 PM
littleorca I just LOVE your new avatar

Thanks! :D

When I read the title to your thread, LittleOrca, I was sure it was going to be more pictures of your tail! Yay for your tail! I love it...

I have another thread all dedicated to that saved. When i get new pics I post them there so there aren't 1000 mermaid threads floating, or rather swimming, around. :lol:

zen_oven
February 17th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Yikes. I'm amused and just a bit creeped out. LOL.

ericthegreat
February 17th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Ummm, no thanks. I'll take my chances with my regular, metal free, fabric covered ponytail elastics. Any kind of hair gel that can make your hair that hard has to be very drying for your hair. I'll stick with just plain water and/ or a little bit of coconut oil to slick my hair back.

Magelet33
February 17th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Wow. It's so clearly photoshopped, but so cool, and so creepy.

jojo
February 18th, 2010, 01:31 AM
LOL! not one I shall be putting to the test, looks freaky to me!

IttyBittyKitty
February 18th, 2010, 03:00 AM
:bigeyes: That is so creepy....

Wicked Princess
February 18th, 2010, 03:05 AM
It's obviously undergone photo-manipulation - but I sort of wish there was some super-hair wax I could use for something similar! I wouldn't make a floating pony...but maybe demon horns for Halloween! :D

Loviatar
February 18th, 2010, 04:06 AM
My mom used to hold up her beehive with sugar and water. I bet that would work on that kind of style. S&W holds like a rock. I have a punk friend who uses it on a massive mohawk.

Hiriel
February 18th, 2010, 04:44 AM
My mom used to hold up her beehive with sugar and water. I bet that would work on that kind of style. S&W holds like a rock. I have a punk friend who uses it on a massive mohawk.

Or gelatin. I know that can hold mohawks as well. I think getting it to look that smooth would be more difficult ;)

Fiferstone
February 18th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I've been watching Shear Genius and the first shortcut challenge was to transform punk hairstyling into a "chic, modern look" One of the models was a young lady with conical spikes of hair all over her head. Her stylist asked her what she used to hold her hair in place. The answer: Elmer's glue.

I suppose you could get that "ponytail" with elmer's glue as well, but what would you use to hold the ponytail in place while the glue sets, which would not also bond to the glue? :shudder: the image is totally shopped, though...

Teufelchen
February 18th, 2010, 05:40 AM
The pic looks so cool, imagine all the brakage from hair ties are a thing of the past.

Your avatar is amazing, LittleOrca

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Reminds me of a certain "hair gel" moment in There's Something About Mary

That was my thought!! :D :D

misspriss
February 18th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I've been watching Shear Genius and the first shortcut challenge was to transform punk hairstyling into a "chic, modern look" One of the models was a young lady with conical spikes of hair all over her head. Her stylist asked her what she used to hold her hair in place. The answer: Elmer's glue.

I suppose you could get that "ponytail" with elmer's glue as well, but what would you use to hold the ponytail in place while the glue sets, which would not also bond to the glue? :shudder: the image is totally shopped, though...

I had a friend once who did a mohawk with Elmer's glue, she didn't have anything to hold it up with while it dried? I guess perhaps it is sticky enough when it is wet to hold it in place?

merryhair
February 18th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Oh my gosh, that's kind of scary. ahaha I wonder how many tons of hair gel we need to make it real??:confused:

GuinevereMay
February 18th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I had a friend once who did a mohawk with Elmer's glue, she didn't have anything to hold it up with while it dried? I guess perhaps it is sticky enough when it is wet to hold it in place?
Yeah, in the years of my youth, I dated a punk (he was a Punk, not a punk as in "jerk,") who Elmer's glued his mohawk. It was really solid. He could head bang or thrash his head around and it wouldn't budge.

ETA: He would lay his hair between a table and a book to get it flat, then apply heat to get it to dry more quickly.

enfys
February 18th, 2010, 04:41 PM
If I had a way to do that style I'd have done something a little more interesting.

I like the idea of Hallowe'en horns...

BrightEyes
February 18th, 2010, 05:14 PM
That is so weird! It reminds me of a little plastic doll's hair I had when I was a kid.