PDA

View Full Version : Trying something new

coscass
February 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I'm still on the fence about oiling. It doesn't do anything bad to my hair (I actually like it if I'm doing an updo, it seems to tame frizz nicely), but I'm not sure if it does anything "good" either. I use EVOO because I just haven't found the time to order any jojoba or coconut oil yet, I've been so busy.

Currently I:

~COWash... well, whenever, really. Sometimes every other day, sometimes ever 3 days. It's funny, back when I used cones and blowfried, I could go 4-5 days between washes. Now I like to wash it more often, I don't know why.
~detangle with a wide tooth in the shower, and leave some condish in the ends and thru the length when I get out.
~Clarify every once in a while, not very often.
~Air dry. I either plop, then airdry, or just airdry.

This seems to be working fine for me, but I feel like I need to step it up a notch. I'm one of those people that just never tries new things, then when I cut my hair all off, or grow it out, I say, "man! I should have tried that when I had the chance!"

I've been thinking about trying WO, just to try something new.

Any suggestions?

sweet*things
February 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Try an SMT (honey/aloe/conditioner). That's the most recent thing I've tried that was extremely successful. :D

coscass
February 17th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Try an SMT (honey/aloe/conditioner). That's the most recent thing I've tried that was extremely successful. :DOh right, aloe! That's the other thing I've been meaning to try. I do DTs without it, and use honey instead. But I'll make a note to get some the next time I go out. Thanks for reminding me!