PDA

View Full Version : Getting bangs today!

TiaKitty
February 17th, 2010, 10:05 AM
My Moms just called to tell me she made an appointment for us to get our hair done today. I mentioned I want bangs, and she took it in her hands! I'm happy and excited, but also kind of nervous and scarred.

The hairdresser has cury hair, so I imagine she knows how to cut curly hair, but that may just be my imagination. We'll find out, soon!

I also want a trim, but I don't want to get rid of my fairy-tale ends... I hope she can understand that! :p

Another thing that will be slightly embarassing to me... I haven't done a henna for a couple of months and I have roots! I wanted to see if I am getting any grays (I'm 38) so I was letting the roots show so I could inspect them. I really planned on doing my roots before getting my bangs cut; I even went out and bought a squeeze bottle last night to do them. The appointment for today was a suprise, so I didn't have a chance!

JenniferNoel
February 17th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Awesome, awesome! Good luck... and as far as the trim goes you could always ask for a dusting, and explain that after the trim all you want to see is dust on the ground. Worked for me for years.
:D

Keildra
February 17th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Good luck just don't get pushed into a dye job or chop

Sammich
February 17th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Bangs are very fun... At least untill you don't want them. Good luck and show pictures! ;)
I'm sure it'll look GREAT on you. <3 *Tony tiger thumbs up*

mtstorm
February 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I just got blunt bangs two days ago. I haven't had blunt bangs since I was 8. It is a shock but an exciting change.

TiaKitty
February 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I promise I won't get talked into any dye jobs or anything more than the "dusting," as suggested above! I'm pretty stubborn and outspoken, so... she won't have a chance if that's what she wants to do.

I don't think I can do blunt bangs. That's what I'd like, and that's what I had most of my growing up years, but I think I'd better go for a long, angled style that will work with my curls.

mtstorm: Do you keep looking at yourself in the mirror? Do they bother you when they touch your forehead?

cottage46
February 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Yay for bangs! I can't wait to see the pictures.

mtstorm
February 17th, 2010, 12:52 PM
mtstorm: Do you keep looking at yourself in the mirror? Do they bother you when they touch your forehead?
Yeah, I keep looking at myself in mirrors, glass just about anything that I can see my reflection in. :p Every time I look it looks like someone else is looking back at me, it’s kind of disconcerting. DH says they look really good though. I have had the 1930s style side swept bangs for the last 16 years. Which are beautiful when my hair is down! But since I am wearing my hair up everyday they are not very flattering by themselves, and I am not high maintenance enough to spend the time styling the newer side swept bangs. The only thing that bothers me about them is that my hair is so use to parting I have a spot that is sheerer than the rest. Plus, whenever I get hit with even a little breeze they part to the side, so I am constantly readjusting them so they fall straight.

funnyface
February 17th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Ooooh I love bangs!

I think they can really frame a face and you can style them different ways to change just a regular pony up do.

Have fun!

xxx

Chamomile betty
February 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I bet your bangs will look nice.
I love having bangs because they soften my updos.

Good luck.

nuxa
February 17th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Please post some fotooooos :D
I love to see the change when people get bangs it changes ones features instantly ... aaand I just love see fotos anyway hehe:eyebrows:

TiaKitty
February 17th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I'll have to get some photos... I don't even have any on my profile, yet... getting bangs will make me motivated to do it.

I went in, met the stylist, and she had bangs like I wanted, so I just said, make mine like yours! It was that easy. She didn't even trim my ends and she told me my color was nice, too... I thought that was great, because I'm used to getting some flack from stylists about using henna. No flack from her, and she even complimented it, which was great!

There are just a few, wispy bangs that definately go to one side. My Moms said she'd have done more if she were me, but I told her that if I wanted to, I could always get more, but never less.

Many thanks for all of your replies and encouragement!

countryhopper
February 17th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Hooray! glad to know that everything went well and you're pleased with how they turned out! PICS!!

zen_oven
February 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Yay! I love my fringe--just makes my hair look better overall. I'm glad you like them!