PDA

View Full Version : French maid hair

TheStorm
February 17th, 2010, 07:27 AM
In my spare time I sometimes work as a cleaner or maid, in a couple of weeks I have to work as a french maid at a party, Any ideas what I can do with my hair? I'll have to wear it up because I will be working but it also has to be fairly simple and fit in with the uniform.
The uniform will most likely be one of these two, I don't know which yet.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x268/TheStormRichard/forummd.jpg

lora410
February 17th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I would probably have it up. Someone may try and touch your hair and stuff.

slz
February 17th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I don't want to know what kind of party this is :D .
Anyway : why not a very tight bun, with some lace mini-hat (not sure how to call this - I'll try to find a picture)

okay, edit :

Like this (http://lenaweb.site.voila.fr/Beart_Louise.jpg). Or Jeanne Moreau in Diary of a chambermaid (although her hair isn't bunned, she has the same kind of head band thingy on - pleated, not lace).

Magdalene
February 17th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I would do a tight bun on top of your head or two little buns. Bows would be cute.

Gothic Lolita
February 17th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Well if you're going to wear an outfit like oyu posted I'd wear a tight bun.... decorated maybe with some lace thingie.... I'd definitely not wear it open, not only because you'Re working but also because it might give some unwanted hints more sime guest... What kind of party is this ? :D

Anlbe
February 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'd go for a french twist with a lace cap/ pleated head band depending on what you can find

TheStorm
February 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestions,
I haven't been given a great deal of info yet but I do know that it will be a costume ball for an Anniversary.. Bar, music and a sit down meal. I probably won't know any more until I get there, but I'll keep you posted on any updates.

spidermom
February 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM
French twist, definitely.

Isilme
February 19th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I would suggest one or two braids wrapped around your head as a crown braid:)

Fractalsofhair
February 19th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I didn't know that you could ask a cleaner to wear a uniform? I also thought that they'd be expected to not be around during the party? Oh well, have fun!

Personally, I'd suggest some sort of bun, maybe a braided bun, or a Gibson tuck? Maybe with a bun cover?

TheStorm
February 19th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I'm going to be waiting on the guests during the party, serving the table etc. Then cleaning after the party. I always have to wear a uniform, if a specific uniform isn't requested by whoever I clean for (which it very rarely is) then we have a standard uniform, just a basic tunic and apron though, a french maid is a definate first.
(I'm not going to be wearing the heels either, I'll stick with flats.)

Arriens
February 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
This guy prefers the left outfit. :p
Why don't you stay with the french theme and use a french twist?

Image (http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/W/E/classicup.JPG)

Ps, with what kind of lenght of hair are we talking? BSL, knee lenght?

Capybara
February 20th, 2010, 09:08 AM
This guy prefers the left outfit. :p
Why don't you stay with the french theme and use a french twist?

(http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/W/E/classicup.JPG)
Ps, with what kind of lenght of hair are we talking? BSL, knee lenght?

Exactly what I was thinking! Or, a french braid (if your hair is long enough for the braid "tail" to get in the way, maybe coil the braid into a chignon at the nape?)
Good luck!

TiaKitty
February 20th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I vote for the French twist, too! It only seems right for the theme!

Are you getting paid extra to wear that outfit? I'd want more $$$ for putting it all out there like that!

Leela613
February 20th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I would suggest french twist too :)

MissMandyElizab
February 21st, 2010, 05:35 PM
bun with bun cover would look cute but you might want to try bun with a pretty black bow or a lacy one

Tovah
February 21st, 2010, 05:47 PM
I vote for the French twist, too! It only seems right for the theme!

Are you getting paid extra to wear that outfit? I'd want more $$$ for putting it all out there like that!

Agree 100%!

TheStorm
February 26th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Thank you for all your ideas, seems like a french twist has a lot of support, I've been looking out for one of those lace / ruffle headband thingies too but haven't seen one yet.
Anyway I've just been to the shop to pick up my uniform, It turned out to be nothing like the first ones they showed me, I have come back with a proper uniform not a flimsy costume one like I was expecting from the pictures. I'm happy to say that it is a lot less revealing, the skirt is almost knee length and the neck is fairly closed too.
Heres a pic of it.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x268/TheStormRichard/Uniform-1.jpg

sweet*things
February 26th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Thank goodness, I'd be a little worried what I was getting myself into with those other options.:hmm::lol:

Ravenne
February 26th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Either a French Twist or a French Braid with the tail bunned. Efficient and thematic. :D

TheStorm
February 26th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Thank goodness, I'd be a little worried what I was getting myself into with those other options.:hmm::lol:

I appreciate what your saying, I do clean the house for them occasionally though so I'm not going into the unknown completely..

by the way, changing the subject ... sweet*things, I like your avatar pic. many many years ago myself and a friend had a whole day at school with our hair braided into to each others for charity.

yellowchariot
February 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Here is my :twocents:, I also vote for the french twist. It also just seems so classical. I've also made a tutorial on it, if that can help you out, and get some ideas as well! :thumbsup:

TheStorm
March 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
I'd like to say thanks to you all for your suggestions. I'll be working this Friday eve and Saturday morning, wearing a french twist and a ribbon headband.