PDA

View Full Version : Time for a treatment or two!

Gilly
February 17th, 2010, 02:39 AM
I have managed to get my hair to just over 17inches but it has started to get dry and odd looking at the ends and is once again seperating into a weird step at the back:rolleyes:.
I actually thought about booking an appointment at the hairdressers today but talked myself out of it telling myself I will only have to go through this awful stage again.
So, starting tomorrow morning I am going to start adding honey to my conditioner for COing, I have only just got back into COing as I was lured back to using a shampoo (I am a weak person!) I am hoping that the honey will help to moisturise the ends at the back so they will actually lay properly rather than standing a bit away form the rest of my hair, does that even make sense????
I will let you know if it works for me!

elina333
February 17th, 2010, 02:43 AM
You could also try clarifying... Buildup sometimes makes the ends crunchy and dry.

And you're not a weak person cuz you got back on the schampoo ;) I use schampoo every time I wash. Just do whatever works best for you! :D

Good luck and happy growing! :pegasus:

countryhopper
February 17th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Have you tried oiling? From what i understand, oiling helps to lock in moisture, So you might want to try that after your honey treatment.

Gilly
February 17th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Certainly not build up, I clarify regularly and don't use any product in my hair, I don't use cones either.
I am going to mix up a nice SMT and will slap that on on Friday night for a few hours, that should help!

Kya
February 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
My hair tends to be very dry and I have to keep the ends conditioned or they WILL break and do weird things. Try this (I know it works wonders -- it's a hit on youtube, as well): apply olive oil on the ends of your hair (avoid the scalp unless you're doing a hot oil treatment). Make sure to apply along the grain. Twist your hair or wrap it and place a plastic cap over your hair. Leave it on for several hours or place a warm towel on your head for an hour (or sit under a warm dryer). Shampoo condition or whatever way you do that, and voila. I do this all winter a couple of times a month -- and it's not oily!

elina333
February 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
My hair tends to be very dry and I have to keep the ends conditioned or they WILL break and do weird things. Try this (I know it works wonders -- it's a hit on youtube, as well): apply olive oil on the ends of your hair (avoid the scalp unless you're doing a hot oil treatment). Make sure to apply along the grain. Twist your hair or wrap it and place a plastic cap over your hair. Leave it on for several hours or place a warm towel on your head for an hour (or sit under a warm dryer). Shampoo condition or whatever way you do that, and voila. I do this all winter a couple of times a month -- and it's not oily!

Oils are very popular among LHC'ers. Coconut oil is my personal favorite. Its also said to be the only oil that can actually penetrate the hair and prevent protein loss. Apply to the ends, sleep with hair braided and wash out in the morning. Also you can apply a few drops every day until your next wash. I swear by it! :D

Gilly
February 18th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I will try an oil treatment over the weekend, I have a lot of oils, olive, coconut, hemp, jojoba and sweet almond so I must be able to find something that works!
I CO'd this morning and applied some Phyto 7 (I forgot I had this) to the ends, it initially looked a bit greasy but I can already tell that my hair is absorbing it.

merryhair
February 18th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah, oiling is a nice thing to do to your hair. Good luck with the treatments. Let us know about the results.:)

Gilly
February 20th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I am VERY impressed with the Phyto 7, my hair had absorbed it all by mid-day yesterday, and I put some more in this morning after COing with Mastey Frehair, then I blowdried on cool and it looked really good, the dryness was hugely reduced:cheese:
I am going to buy the Phyto 9 which is even more heavy duty for occasional overnight treatments, the stuff is really nice and also has no nasties in it (gotta love that!) I also want to try the Phytonectar pre-shampoo treatment for ultra dry hair, I am really glad I thought to try the Phyto 7 I had no idea that I could restore my hair just by using product that are that simple, who knew it was just extreme dryness!