PDA

View Full Version : I love my hairdresser!

naereid
February 17th, 2010, 02:34 AM
With so many horror stories about hairdressers, I thought I would share my experience. :blossom:

I've been going to this specific hairdresser for years and years now. She's never done anything bad to my hair in all that time. Now that I've become determined to grow my hair long and found this forum, all of the advice and new techniques made me wary of what she would think. How will she react? Well, last night I went to get my roots dyed, and I summoned up the courage to tell her all about it. I told her I joined this place online that has all sorts of awesome advice. I told her I wanted to cut back on chemicals, and that I bought a SLS-free shampoo, cone-free conditioner and a bottle of jojoba oil. I told her I was going to buy a pair of scissors so I can dust my ends on my own.

And she was absolutely positive about all of this! She told me this sounds like a great place and how happy she is for me. She was very interested in the SLS-free shampoo, asking me where I bought it and why I didn't bring it over, and that next time I should bring it so she can use that on my hair instead of the salon stuff. She said it was a great idea to do S&D and actually told me where I can find some good (cheap) scissors. In the end she didn't use all that junk on my hair when styling, she just blowdryed it. And after drying it, she actually dusted my hair even though I didn't ask for it! I've never mentioned dusting to her before because I didn't want to be a pain.

Sorry for the rant - I'm just so happy that I've got such a supportive hairdresser. :cloud9:

elina333
February 17th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Good for you! Thats really awesome. Wish mine could be that way... Although I havent tried to tell him but he's very good as far as NOT cutting more than I ask him to. Which is huge when it comes to hairdressers (they usualy cut 2" when you tell them to cut 0.5 :()But I prob wont go back anyways, since I've decided to trim my hair on my own and try to stop with the highlights... But anyways, good for you and happy growing! :D

funnyface
February 17th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Ahhh she sounds lovely!

It was my hairdresser that convinced me to grow my hair, and since I've switched to her it has started growing at an amazing rate because she cuts it so well and so carefully.

Good hairdressers are worth their weight in gold!

xxx

countryhopper
February 17th, 2010, 05:36 AM
She sounds like a keeper!

recommend her to all your long haired friends to boost her business!

chopandchange
February 17th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Personally, I have never been able to find a hairdresser who does as I instruct them to do. I call them "hairmessers," so I am pleased for you that you've found someone who does understand you and your hair! :cheese:

JenniferNoel
February 17th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Woohoo for you and your hairdresser!!!
It's totally refreshing to be able to hear such a good hairdresser story.
I wish I could find one as understanding and respectful as yours... haha.

:p

littlemoon
February 17th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Ahhh she sounds lovely!

It was my hairdresser that convinced me to grow my hair, and since I've switched to her it has started growing at an amazing rate because she cuts it so well and so carefully.

Good hairdressers are worth their weight in gold!

xxx

my hairdresser has always known that I want to grow my hair out, but when I actually became serious about it was when I decided to stop straightening and go naturally curly. the first thing he said was, 'girl, grow it to your waist! that would be so hot!' :)

we now are on a mission for the smallest trims possible less frequently (he understands) and more deep treatements.

and to think my friend said yesterday that a $30 hair cut with him is expensive... id pay twice as much!

sarah061
February 17th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Aww, that's fantastic! You're so lucky to have found a great, understanding stylist -- What's her number? Haha I hope I can find a great one someday... :) I don't think I'm asking for too much here, just someone who understands what I mean by "dusting." Sigh.

Fractalsofhair
February 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Congrats! It's awesome when you can finally find an awesome hairstylist!

ravensinger13
February 17th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I'm happy for you to have found such a rarity! Mine is also very understanding, such as just getting trims, no shampoo (hopeless tangles from a too small sink). Plus, she did my hair when I had the sides shaved and is grateful that I now keep hair all over my head!

spidermom
February 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I have a terrific hair stylist, too. I was nervous the first time I went. She is a friend of my DD. My DD told her all about me and how I was growing my hair out, and the stylist said that I was probably afraid to try anything new but not to worry because she was really good at getting people to try new styles. Every time my DD saw her, she would say "bring your mom to see me." So DD kept pestering me to make my next appointment with her stylist, and I even posted on LHC "should I?" Everybody said "No!" Then DD reminded me about how I was too scared to go to an LHC meet, so she went with me and even drove to the meet just to help me out. She said that I owed her one. So I went to the stylist, talked to her about what I wanted, and my hair is the proof that she completely understands. I think my hair is far more beautiful with her help than it would be without it.