PDA

View Full Version : What will you do when you reach terminal?

pdy2kn6
February 17th, 2010, 02:10 AM
So for everyone when they meet terminal (don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad...I guess it depends how long your terminal length is, and your goals), what do you plan to do? For example, will you keep on trimming/thicken up the hem, start wearing you hair down more often. Stray away from the daily updos? Any changes? etc etc.

When I reach terminal length I think I will wear it in a braid most days, because I really like the look of a long basic braid, and then on certain occasions wear it down with braid waves, rather than tightly with a stick everyday. You guys?.....

hanne jensen
February 17th, 2010, 02:32 AM
I will probably wear it up all the time and start sleeping with a night braid.

I don't know how long terminal is for me. I'll grow to terminal, say that's interesting and (hopefully) chop to knee length.

ale
February 17th, 2010, 03:38 AM
What will I do? I'll be sad!
Seriously, I think I'll just keep on what I'm doing now, no trimming, buns most of the time and braids, I love braids!

funnyface
February 17th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Wow if I got to terminal I would braid a really long braid and use it as a weapon!

LOL

xxx

Benjamin_T
February 17th, 2010, 05:26 AM
If I ever do reach terminal length, and assuming that it is going to be really super long indeed, then (by that time) I would still like to continue maintaining, experiment around & have great fun with cool/classical styles; styles which can only be achieved by having super-long hair. :cool:

sweet*things
February 17th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I don't know that I would do anything differently. I suspect my terminal length is somewhere around classic, just because my hair is so slow growing. I'd try to improve the hemline as much as possible, I guess.

I might also get some nice professional photos done featuring my accomplishment. :D

Keildra
February 17th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I will probably wear it up all the time and start sleeping with a night braid.

I don't know how long terminal is for me. I'll grow to terminal, say that's interesting and (hopefully) chop to knee length.
I'd probably do the same thing except I think I will chop all the way to mid-thigh and stay there

EdG
February 17th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I didn't change my hair routine at all when I reached terminal.

I had already become quite used to moving my hair out of the way whenever I sit down or stand up. :D
Ed

ericthegreat
February 17th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Shave my head, get a giant Skull & Bones tattoo on my bicep, and become the head of a new multimillion dollar crime organization. ;)

LadyVictoria
February 17th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I would still have to bun it for work, but show it off everywhere else! I will just maintain me hemline and keep it looking healthy by good care of it. I can't wait to see how long it can grow!

Little_Bird
February 17th, 2010, 08:37 AM
If terminal for me is after my goal, I do not know if I will grow to terminal (past classic) - BUT, it can happen.

I would probably cut back to classic lenght, at least at this point. I want a blunt hemline to I can wear my hair down more often (I wear it up about 99,5% of the time), so with terminal lenght I would probably not be able to wear it down more than I do now. So I'm not sure, but I would like to grow to terminal someday! But not before I keep classic for a long time (at least long enough for a blunt hemline).

We'll see ^^ Whatever happens, I'll be posting :D

Pr0sperity
February 17th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I have no clue what my terminal length is, but I am more and more wanting to try to reach that. I would probably blunt cut the ends because I like that look on me.

Pr0sperity
February 17th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I should add, that I will hopefully revise my goal of 25 inches. I hope terminal length is longer than that. LOL

JenniferNoel
February 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hmm. I'm going to put the whole thing in tiny braids. That's always been my dream, to have braids that drag along the ground behind me. I've heard it's in my genes to have beyond floor length hair so we'll have to wait and see. :p
*crosses fingers*

spidermom
February 17th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Terminal length for me will be about classic or fingertip length because I have no desire to grow longer than that. I want to wear it that long for at least a year. I want to have some photographs done with kind of a fairytale atmosphere to them -- long dress, beautiful background. After that, I'm not sure. I've contemplated perhaps trying a V-hem, perhaps cutting back to about waist length with long layers to bring back more of the natural curl. I'll just have to wait and see.

Sammich
February 17th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I never do daily updos anyway, just braids.
I think I'd do it just like you, 'All braid and no updo.' ;)

LaurelSpring
February 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I really really really want my terminal to be at least classic. I am almost to waist now and the going seems so slow I am just praying I make it to waist at least. I am in uncharted territory at this point. When and if I do ever reach terminal and depending on where that is I think I will probably just continue to dust the ends and basically do what I do now. At this point I just dont know!

GoddesJourney
February 17th, 2010, 10:38 AM
If I ever decided to grow to terminal, I would probably just chop it back to a manageable length and enjoy it being down or braided most of the time. I know a lot of women in my family have had classic length hair without really doing anything to take care of it. I bet if I took care of it, I could get it down to at least mid-thigh if not knee length. I'm a healthy girl and my hair is medium-thick. And we'll see, I plan to have kids in the next couple of years. post-partum shed or two might really set me back. The fairytail ends look does not work on me. The texture and thickness just looks straggly, even if I just have layers for more than a month.

I guess the answer is, chop back and maintain beautiful hemline until it beckons me forward to grow longer again.

bumblebums
February 17th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Shave my head, get a giant Skull & Bones tattoo on my bicep, and become the head of a new multimillion dollar crime organization. ;)

Good answer! Me too!

redneckprincess
February 17th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Heck, I feel like Im already there...but seriously as long as its waist or longer, if not already done by then I will trim to thicken ends and enjoy!! :)

Tarja Sky
February 17th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Probably were it more down and making shure that it will have a beautifull hemline...

joyellen
February 17th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I doubt I'll grow it to terminal, but if I do and it's longer than classic, I'll cut it back to classic and maintain it there. I love the look of a really long braid, so that would probably be my go-to style.

myotislucifugus
February 17th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Maintain, and thicken. It's gonna be a while before I see that though, so right now, mini goal is hip, then maintaining for thickness at hip for a while...

MissMandyElizab
February 17th, 2010, 11:32 AM
ok terminal ..........i will dance naked in the woods and show it off then i will bun it and be happy

Pixna
February 17th, 2010, 11:42 AM
ok terminal ..........i will dance naked in the woods and show it off then i will bun it and be happy

Ditto! :smirk: I might also wear it in a long, flowing, silvery braid (because by the time I reach terminal, I imagine my silvers will have completely overtaken my head).

ravensinger13
February 17th, 2010, 11:44 AM

Sounds like a good plan, just have to make sure it isn't coyote or raccoon season around here!!! (I don't want an audience):eyebrows:

pinkbunny
February 17th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I have no idea! I guess it depends where terminal is for me. In some ways, I'd love to have hair dragging the floor - but I know it would probably be very hard to deal with, and I'd rarely get to wear it down. I am curious as to what my terminal length is... If it's at or above floor, I would probably maintain to thicken the hem - unless that length is too difficult then I may cut back to knee (I know I could deal with it there because I'm almost at knee).

bte
February 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Simple answer - I reached terminal several years ago and have done nothing, so I'm still at terminal.

Ash
February 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I will celebrate the fact that I was able to see my hair growth to its completion. Then I will probably cut back to whatever length I find most manageable.

Dementia1013
February 17th, 2010, 11:38 PM
How does one decide they're at terminal and not just a stall? I would've sworn that I was at terminal with 34" because I was stuck there for so long, but now I'm at 35"...

DragonLady
February 18th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Wear it loose and go skiing. :)

Put it into a single, long braid and let it fly around behind me all the time. :)

tralalalara
February 18th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I hope my terminal length is past classic, that way I can have fairytale ends and be bee-yooooo-ti-full!!! ^.^

By then I'll either be a full time artist or singing opera, so I'm pretty sure my hairstyle will match my field of profession. =]

Magelet33
February 18th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I don't know if I'll grow to terminal, but depending on where terminal is, chop it and maintain at a shorter cut. My goal is about hip right now, and I'm really really not sure if I want to grow to classic. (or terminal, depending on what). If terminal is longer than classic, I'd definitely chop to at least classic, or maybe shorter.

I like uber long hair on you guys, but I don't think I want to deal with it beyond maybe classic, maybe about tailbone.

Erin-86
February 18th, 2010, 02:02 AM
I'll probably chop it to a shorter length to create a better hemline, and then grow it out again...

litlepick
February 18th, 2010, 02:20 AM
probly cry, I suspect my terminal length wont be much past waist if that, and I want to go longer

Wicked Princess
February 18th, 2010, 03:14 AM
With any luck, terminal length for me will be somewhere past finger-tip length! I'd like to get it to at least finger-tip length before I decide if I like any of the lengths shorter than that. I do know one thing...my hair is unlikely to be shorter than tailbone-length anytime in the next few decades. :D

Terminal length for me will be about classic or fingertip length because I have no desire to grow longer than that. I want to wear it that long for at least a year. I want to have some photographs done with kind of a fairytale atmosphere to them -- long dress, beautiful background. After that, I'm not sure. I've contemplated perhaps trying a V-hem, perhaps cutting back to about waist length with long layers to bring back more of the natural curl. I'll just have to wait and see.

Ooooooh...your photograph ideas sound very lovely! I think I'm inspired to do something similar sometime in the future! :flower:

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Probably cut back to a more manageable length.....but who knows? I could be very close to terminal - I'm about mid-thigh, and I've never made it all the way to knee, just ALMOST knee. It's pretty manageable at this length, so terminal might be ok. :) With my frequent trimmings, I don't look to reach it soon though.

I betcha a million bucks that once I do trim it, I'll grow it straight back out again. It happens. :p

merryhair
February 18th, 2010, 04:12 PM
That depends. If my ends are healthy, thick and happy and I'm happy with it. I'd probably maintain there. But if I have really thin ends, I would trim off a few inches.

Hana
February 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I'd like to find my terminal length, thats for sure!
Not sure if I'd want to keep it there though, purely for maintenance reasons.

mira-chan
February 25th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Maintain, and thicken. It's gonna be a while before I see that though, so right now, mini goal is hip, then maintaining for thickness at hip for a while...
That's what I am doing. My hair has dramatically slowed down in growth since reaching mid thigh.