PDA

View Full Version : ShadowWalker did you cut? You've been quiet

Chrissy
February 16th, 2010, 03:30 AM
I hope this is the right place to post since it's regarding hair. I haven't heard from ShadowWalker since he was thinking about cutting. I was wondering how you were doing.

Arctic
February 16th, 2010, 04:04 AM
He has been blogging since then, and no, he hasn't cut :) :flowers:

Chrissy
February 16th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Thanks Arctic. I'll visit his blog.

Shadow Walker
February 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Nope, I haven't cut it. I'm going to leave it alone for now, with the possible exception of a 1 to 2 inch trim which is what I did last year due to damage. What's been a big help is cutting out the headbanging at gigs, now I have my hair in a ponytail and wearing a hat backwards. I'm liking it so far, and I guess I must look good in a hat because I got a phone number at my last show. :p

young&reckless
February 16th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I'm so glad you didn"t cut it. Your hair is so thick and shiny I would hate to see it go.

jera
February 16th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Nope, I haven't cut it. What's been a big help is cutting out the headbanging at gigs, now I have my hair in a ponytail and wearing a hat backwards. I'm liking it so far, and I guess I must look good in a hat because I got a phone number at my last show. :p

Hahaha !:D

restourceful
February 16th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hi Shadow Walker.:waving: I'm glad Chrissy asked because I've been wondering, too. And I'm glad you are enjoying your hair in a different way than before. Way to go on that phone number!;)

enfys
February 16th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Glad to hear from you Shadow Walker!

Good news on the hair and the number. I hope you're in a happier/hairier place now.

spidermom
February 16th, 2010, 03:05 PM
What a relief! Thanks for fishing for the update, Chrissy.

Fractalsofhair
February 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Yay! I'm glad he didn't cut! Congrats on finding a good style for gigs.

Eryka
February 16th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Just do a long braid, then you can still headbang. Works on my knee length hair.

Medievalmaniac
February 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I'm so glad you didn"t cut it. Your hair is so thick and shiny I would hate to see it go.

Ditto, ditto, ditto! :D

little_acorn
February 16th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Yippee thats great - so glad to hear your lovely locks are still hanging around :D

FrannyG
February 16th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I was just nosy and checked out Shadow Walker's blog to find out what he'd decided. :p Good decision, SW.

Arriens
February 17th, 2010, 01:37 AM
headbanging at gigs
Yes, very damaging but a fun pastime. :D

Ps, glad to see you still around here.

Chrissy
February 17th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Nope, I haven't cut it. I'm going to leave it alone for now, with the possible exception of a 1 to 2 inch trim which is what I did last year due to damage. What's been a big help is cutting out the headbanging at gigs, now I have my hair in a ponytail and wearing a hat backwards. I'm liking it so far, and I guess I must look good in a hat because I got a phone number at my last show. :p

You are too cute!!! I'm glad you got the number. Really for all you've been through with women and hair stuff I have to say you are a really nice guy. I do hope you find someone who really knows that. I'm glad you didn't cut. I do wish you the best in your life. Keep on rockin' and keep on being yourself. (Sorry my inner Mom is coming out, I have two sons :) )

Benjamin_T
February 17th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Dear ShadowWalker, your long hair is great. Be proud of it. :cool: :)

Just do a long braid, then you can still headbang. Works on my knee length hair.

For a single long braid/ponytail, My advice would be to at least bring it forward, or (better still) loosely wrap it around your neck to protect all that "precious" long hair. Because a heavy long braid/ponytail swinging wildly will cause unnecessary tension (& perhaps even friction) to the hairs that are securely restrained on your head.

Regards.

Arriens
February 17th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Because a heavy long braid/ponytail swinging wildly will cause unnecessary tension to the hairs that are securely restrained on your head.
I was more concerned about your surrounding while headbanging with a 40" broad braid. :p

Little_Bird
February 17th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Yay! I already knew you hadn't cut it because I read your blog, but let me tell you, I'm happy for you. It was the right thing to do, you know you love your hair ;)

AND, I sometimes, very rarely, do some headbanging. As long as it's just for like 5 seconds and you are extra carefull afterwards when combing it's fine I guess. BUT, good decision for not doing it. I'm just a dance adicted lol

:D

Pixna
February 17th, 2010, 09:38 AM

Heh-heh! Nothing like a phone number to confirm the right decision! :smirk:

I'm so glad you made the right choice. :happydance: There are SO many different looks you can try when you have healthy long hair (a buzz cut provides just one -- and it's pretty boring after a few days!).

Benjamin_T
February 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I was more concerned about your surrounding while headbanging with a 40" broad braid. :p

Forgot about this crucial factor as well. :p That in the process of headbanging vigorously, it's certainly not ideal to accidentally whack others in the face with a long, heavy, and healthy (type iii C) braid. :eyebrows:

CrisDee
February 17th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Whew, so glad to hear you decided not to cut :) And it's so nice to have the phone number for confirmation that you made the right decision ;)

ravensinger13
February 17th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Forgot about this crucial factor as well. :p That in the process of headbanging vigorously, it's certainly not ideal to accidentally whack others in the face with a long, heavy, and healthy (type iii C) braid. :eyebrows:

Ok, it may not be ideal for those involved, but the mental image gave me a giggle. Glad you didn't cut.

Eryka
February 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM

Why not, I've gotten flirted with a lot because of that.

slz
February 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I didnt dare asking (none of my business, right ? :D ) but I wondered and I'm glad somebody asked - even better now that I've read the answer .
I never think about checking blogs.

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM

Yay! Good to hear. :cheese: I think a lot of guys look good with backwards hats and ponytails. I'm a girl, but I do it a lot with a braid hanging down from it, or pigtails. Unfortunately I look like a 14 year old kid when I do it. And I'm almost 30. :(