PDA

View Full Version : which shade of brown should I go for?

jennyjukes
February 15th, 2010, 08:57 AM
i'm wanting to grow my hair out
but i want a little fun first :o
iv never been brown before (im natural blonde and get highlights)
im cutting my hair again (from bsl-apl-chinlength) and getting it thinned.

anywayyy, i'm quite pale and my eyes are a grey colour. any ideas on how to make them both appear brighter with a brown shade? i wear no make-up as i'm sensitive but i already have dark eyelashes and brownish eyebrows so yeh. any suggestions? :)

myrrhmaiden
February 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Sounds like you probably have a cool complexion, so I'd vote for a cool brown.

pinchbeck
February 15th, 2010, 09:53 AM
If it were me I would use a temporary hair dye first to see if my hair colour of choice suited my complexion. I, too, am pale with bluish-grey eyes, but my natural hair colour is light brown. It is a good contrast.

If you're eyebrows are blond try not to choose a shade of brown that is too dark. Don't go darker than medium brown. Have fun

Dreams_in_Pink
February 15th, 2010, 11:37 AM
hmm, my personal opinion is to stick with your natural color :/

jennyjukes
February 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM
If it were me I would use a temporary hair dye first to see if my hair colour of choice suited my complexion. I, too, am pale with bluish-grey eyes, but my natural hair colour is light brown. It is a good contrast.

If you're eyebrows are blond try not to choose a shade of brown that is too dark. Don't go darker than medium brown. Have fun
i'm goincg to the hairdresser so it'll be permanent i think?
my eyebrows are a light brown or maybe a dark blonde? either way they're not too light. my eyelashes on the other hand are really dark

hmm, my personal opinion is to stick with your natural color :/
that's the idea really lol im going back to let my natural colour grow out but i wanted some fun first :) im cutting it quite short anyway i just really fancy a change

i had a look at some cool browns on google, i like

Ravenne
February 15th, 2010, 11:58 AM
You might ask your hairdresser if they have semi-permanent dyes. Who knows? =) But I'm also rather pale, with grey-blue eyes and my natural color is a dark, ashy brown. Your hairdresser would probably be able to give good advise on what shade would go best with your complexion/eyes as well.

Dreams_in_Pink
February 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM
that's the idea really lol im going back to let my natural colour grow out but i wanted some fun first :) im cutting it quite short anyway i just really fancy a change

you cannot grow your natural hair if you keep on dying :D
do you mean dying over highlighted streaks? how short is your hair?

ETA: semi-permanent is an excellent idea. please go for that instead of permanent.

trillcat
February 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Off topic, but may I ask why you are getting your hair thinned as well as cut & dyed? At i/ii thats on the thinner side of the scale already.

xoxophelia
February 15th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Personally, I would go something like this:

http://cosmetic-makeovers.com/files/posts/jessicagrammy51.jpg

This is because a brighter color helps pick up grey blue eyes. Just like how when you put gold color eye shadow on, your eyes look more intense.

(I have a similar color :))

redneckprincess
February 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I agree with trying some tempoary shades (you can get them at Sallys for like 5-8$) and at least for me the last one I used only lasted 2 shampoos (there supposed to last about a week) that way you can try several diffrent shades and colors over a small time ...I think Im going to try one too, before my henna comes in...

jennyjukes
February 15th, 2010, 01:14 PM
you cannot grow your natural hair if you keep on dying :D
do you mean dying over highlighted streaks? how short is your hair?

ETA: semi-permanent is an excellent idea. please go for that instead of permanent.
yeah dying over highlight streaks

Off topic, but may I ask why you are getting your hair thinned as well as cut & dyed? At i/ii thats on the thinner side of the scale already.
i made that when i had no idea what it was! my hair is actually quite thick which i do love at times but i want something different. second thoughts i might keep it thick and be different from most the girls at college with super bleached super straight super thin hair

Personally, I would go something like this:

http://cosmetic-makeovers.com/files/posts/jessicagrammy51.jpg

This is because a brighter color helps pick up grey blue eyes. Just like how when you put gold color eye shadow on, your eyes look more intense.

(I have a similar color :))
oh i really like that color
but isn't people who look in good in gold more of a "warm" type? i'm definitely not

xoxophelia
February 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
well here are some examples.. I know gold brings out my eyes from the makeup example, and when I colored my hair a warm hue actually looked good.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/coral_stars/emeraldcopy.jpg
http://www.supernatural.bz/images/Ava2.jpg

The temp color idea sounds good to me too.

Pear Martini
February 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Black hair and grey eyes is the most beautiful and striking look ever. I used to work with this Columbian girl who had pale skin, grey eyes, and black hair. So cool.