PDA

View Full Version : My progress pictures from 2007 to now.

Olivia23
February 14th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I have been looking at all the progress pics everyone has been posting, and today I was looking in some old picture albums and found a picture of me in November of 2007. I was getting a little disappointed with my hair growing progress, but that was until I found this pic which shows two tone hair and it looks really dry where I was always blow drying, dying, and straight ironing. Today I saw how much better my hair looks and has improved since then! Just had to brag a little!

My hair 11/2007
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/wnddyer/scan0001.jpg

And most recent picture
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/wnddyer/2010-01-12133257.jpg

XJawbreaker
February 14th, 2010, 05:37 PM
You have BEAUTIFUL hair! Congrats on the progress!
Keep on growing! :)

truwave
February 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
It really is beautiful! So healthy, definite progress!

melikai
February 14th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Wow! What an incredible difference! Your hair is very beautiful.

sarah061
February 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Your hair is SO gorgeous!! Thanks so much for posting the before and after pics - they're very inspirational for me, especially because my hair has the same curl pattern as yours and right now is about the same length as in your 2007 picture. I hope my hair can be as gorgeous as yours someday :)

Ma'am
February 14th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Wow! That's a completely different head of hair!

What in the world have you been doing differently?

mellie89
February 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Oh WOW, gorgeous! I have some extreme hair envy right now. I wish my hair was that thick! Please share your secrets. :)

Garnet66
February 14th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Wow, it looks like your hair has grown a lot. And it's in great condition. I'm envious.

BlueMuse
February 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Oh wow. I would never have guessed your hair was so curly in tendency from that first picture. I love the waves.

little_acorn
February 14th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Amazing difference :D congratulations on your now gorgeous head of hair :D

Peter
February 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Wow, your hair is awesome!

I really like the waves. :)

ItalianFlower
February 14th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Your hair is FABULOUS!

serious
February 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Yes, please share your secrets!
Your hair looks totally awesome now!

Tutti_Frutti
February 15th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Wow, your hair is so pretty now! This is an extra motivation for me because my hair is still a little damaged from heat styling. This proves it's possible to get a head full of healthy hair after using the flat iron so much. :)

Keep up the good work!

merryhair
February 15th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Congratulations on your awesome progress!!!:) Happy growing!!:cheer:

Sammich
February 15th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Oh jeeze, your hair is so full and with beautiful waves that celebs are probably dying to have. :p
Gorgeous, wow. ^_^
Gimme gimme gimme your routine NAO! ;)

elina333
February 15th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Congratulations, thats amazing progress! And your hair looks so much happier with the curls ;)

kelly-j
February 15th, 2010, 04:02 AM
wow, your hair really looks amazing. Tick and wavy and beautiful hemline! It certainly shows that you have been taking good care of it.

Pixna
February 15th, 2010, 04:54 AM
What a transformation!!! Your hair looks so thick and healthy now...and LONG. Congratulations!!! :applause

MsBubbles
February 15th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Oh my gosh...definitely brag-worthy!! It didn't look bad to start with but now it's stunning!

morguebabe
February 15th, 2010, 06:44 AM
WOW! It looks great.

Angela_Rose
February 15th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Lookin' good! I love how rich your color is.

DarkChocolate
February 15th, 2010, 07:55 AM
You have had some nice progress:) Your hair is thick:) :thud:

Olivia23
February 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the compliments!!! I just now checked this thread and so I will try to share some of my "secrets" lol.

First of all like I said in the first picture I was always dying my hair. I always tried to dye it the same color brown (my hair is natural brown), but for some reason it would always lighten itself that is why I have the two tone hair. Also I always blow dried and flat ironed it. I also used cones in my shampoo and conditioner, then I always wondered why my hair was so dry all the time.

I had actually been a member on here before I started taking the advice I read on here. Then I don't remember why, but one day I came back on here and started applying all the advice I read.

First of all I stopped using Pantene. Then I started using Suave shampoo and conditioner, then I stopped blow drying my hair, and stopped using the flat iron. I then wanted to dye my hair again since I started finding quite a few gray hairs on top of my head, plus I hated the two tone color to my hair, so I read up on henna. I always loved red hair, but was afraid to dye it because I did not want to deal with roots showing, etc. but then henna changed all of that. The first application of henna I was in love, and I have not looked back since.

Also the past 5 months or so I started doing SMT moisture treatment. Those made such a difference in my hair. I find myself doing that treatment about once a week. Now I stopped using Suave shampoo because I started developing dandruff. I read that SLS in shampoos are bad for your hair, and I never had problems before with dandruff, so I decided to stop and see if it helped. it did, and I now buy my shampoo from the health food store. It's more expensive, but worth it. Right now I am using Kiss My Face shampoo and I think it's called everyday shampoo. I also do ACV (apple cider vinegar) rinses after I shampoo and condition. I still use Suave conditioner though with no problems.

The current photo I have listed where my hair is curly, I used some kind of leopard looking cloth rollers that snap. I bought those rollers from Sally's. I really like those and use them every once in a while, but the siggy photo I have is my natural hair texture when I don't do anything to it but let it air dry. Also I have always had thick hair, but back in 2007, I would lose a ton of it in the shower and whenever I brushed and could not figure out why. Now I hardly lose any. I also changed my hair brushes to boar bristle brush, and bought the tangle teaser brush. I also bought online a giant horn comb that has seamless teeth. I use that to comb through my hair when it is wet. Oh, I also put my hair up all the time using a large Ficcare, hair forks, and Flexi 8's. At night I try to sleep in a satin bonnet, or braid my hair, but sometimes I'm just to lazy to do either, but I do have a satin pillowcase I use which is also supposed to protect hair from breakage while you sleep.

Beaglebuddy
February 15th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Your hair is really gorgeous. You are most definitely an inspiration! I hope my hair(although it is a different hairtype to yours) will look even half as healthy when I reach longer lengths.

Tonks
February 15th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! I can't wait till mine gets to be the same length :) I only hope it'll look as great as yours.

Tressie
February 15th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous!! You've done a great job and your growth is awesome!! (o:

Thanks for sharing!!

Yozhik
February 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM
What beautiful hair -- I love your color, length, and wurls :)
Thanks for explaining your hair regimen, too!

Suze334
February 15th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Your hair is so lovely. I have those curlers but I never go the hang of them. I think I'll give it another try!

Luckysock
February 15th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Your waves are beautiful! I would love to have waves like that naturally :D

Aditi
February 16th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Congratulations on your progress. You hair have lovely waves :)

ArienEllariel
February 16th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Wow.. *hair envy* I love those waves!

lapushka
February 16th, 2010, 11:17 AM
That's the most amazing progress! It's great to see your waves have come to the surface. It looks stunning!

oceanwoman111
February 16th, 2010, 11:28 AM
It's Fabulous!! I always wanted thick, wavy hair like yours. Whatever you are doing, keep it up! :hifive:

camirra555
February 16th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Your hair looks much thicker and healthier!

SeaShell
February 16th, 2010, 09:25 PM
wow! it looks so much healthier and bouncier now...makes us wonder why we ever tortured our hair before :)

Lamb
February 16th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Amazing transformation. :thud: The routine you described sounds like a typical LHC success story - abandoning what is obviously bad for your hair and making gradual, simple changes that suit your hair. :) So it really does work! :eek:

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Your hair is so gorgeous - I love the wurls and waves. :crush:

Tarja Sky
February 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Your hair looks really beautifull, what a progress!
And I also love your waves and colour.