PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or does growing to waist seem to take forever?

starlights
February 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
im asking because it seems to take forever from bsl to waist but i swear apl to bsl was alot faster???

anyone else found this too? :)

Armelle
February 14th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Ah yes...the mid-back expanse...or the waist-lands. :D
I think we all suffer through that particular growing plateau. I've got a rather long torso it seems...so I've been dealing with this for what seems like forever. :blossom:

Isabelle1984
February 14th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Ah yes...the mid-back expanse...or the waist-lands. :D

:laugh:

I discovered the same thing...

But there is one pro: The distance from waist to hip is not that long!

starlights
February 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
thank goodness im not the only one then, lol :D

spidermom
February 14th, 2010, 01:02 PM
You are not the only one. I thought I'd never get to waist length, but you know what? When I did, I didn't like it. I had this wide sweep of hair hiding the fact that I even had a waist, then big fat butt underneath. It was NOT a good look for me. As mentioned above, hip length came pretty fast after waist length, plus I went from straight across to a U-shape, which is a lot more flattering on my body type.

Just put it up and forget it as much as possible. That makes the time go faster.

Carolyn
February 14th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I think it took me over 5 years to go from just below shoulders to waist and that mid back abyss took forever to get past. Patience is the key. And realizing that hair does grow every day and it really is getting longer.

Sammich
February 14th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I have the exact same problem. :D I mean... I'm probably more impatient than you, I only hit bsl in October and I'm craving for waist so much! :p

lilalong
February 14th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Oh - I'm convinced my hair stopped growing, ever since I hit BSL. There seems to be no.progress.at.all. sigh.

Elphie
February 14th, 2010, 01:41 PM
It seemed like that to me as well, lilalong, and now all of a sudden I'm like less than two inches from waist. One day, you'll wake up and presto, it will have grown.

Olivia23
February 14th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Me too! It seems to be taking forever to get to waist!

Kris Dove
February 14th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Absolutely- it's felt like ages for me- I have around another 4 inches to go so it should take 8 months but I'm having to do regular trims to sort out the taper(my fine, thin hairtype doesn't really suit fairytale ends, the hemline needs to be kept blunt to look good) and damage(it splits if you look at the wrong way!) so it'll probably take longer than that.

little_acorn
February 14th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Me too - I'm hanging in there and counting down the months (I'm on track so far) - its been key to me keeping on growing!!

lhangel9
February 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Oh - I'm convinced my hair stopped growing, ever since I hit BSL. There seems to be no.progress.at.all. sigh.

It seemed like that to me as well, lilalong, and now all of a sudden I'm like less than two inches from waist. One day, you'll wake up and presto, it will have grown.

I felt the same way ladies. Until this morning I was about 3/4" from BSL (it seems like it took a whole year to get there). Unfortunately due to terrible ends and thinning, I did the BC this morning and now I'm back to APL.:( Now I'm back on the trail to BSL again. Wish me luck. I wish you both luck as well!

lora410
February 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Too me they both took forever..lol

melikai
February 14th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Yessss - it took forever! I'm now just barely at waist, and I'm not trimming until I'm past hip - don't want to have to go through the mid-back stage ever again. I swear I was "2 inches from waist" for ages. Funnily enough, I didn't even know I had reached waist until I randomly took a picture, so it sneaks up on you!

SophieSpector
February 14th, 2010, 08:05 PM
i'm below bsl ( slightly ) but its going to take me atleast a year and a half to get it down to my waist, if not two! It dosn't help that my hair has quite a bit of wave to it.

centurytoolate
February 14th, 2010, 08:37 PM
For me apl to bsl took for absolute ever! I finally quit checking it after it hit bsl and was amazed to realize recently that it had gotten past my waist. We all have a section where it just seems to stop growing or maybe even start retracting into our scalps.

Rhiannon7
February 14th, 2010, 09:08 PM
It's not just you, for me APL to BSL took 4 months (not kidding, ) that is why i freaked out when i hit BSL and hair growing stalled to a slow crawl. and BSL to Waist is taking forever. (in my opinion. )

I finally got tired of praying and hoping for my hair to grow so i kept it braided or bunned from May 2009 until January 2010. when i let it down and took pics i jumped for joy, realized my hair had grown quite alot in pictures, but in measurements it seemed it was not growing at all. so i finally decided to keep it up (braided or bunned until Dec. 2010, ) with a few pics and maybe a tiny trim of the ends to allow max growth and see what it looks like in June 2010. work allowing me time of course.

Just keep it up, braided or bunned and basically give it benign neglect and you will see that by june it will be much longer than you expect. Protect it alot, give it alot of SMT's and tender care and have patience.

GoddesJourney
February 14th, 2010, 11:08 PM
First, it's a pretty long distance. Second, that's when your hair starts really catching on things and getting rubbed between you and your chair, etc. By the time you're going form waist to hip, you've already got that all figured out and you're on your way to growing again. Also, because it's such a big distance, you're likely to run into a stall (it happens at a specific time of year for most people). That's the way I see it anyway. No worries. Patience.

Dreams_in_Pink
February 15th, 2010, 02:09 AM
it could be worse. Like, shoulder to tailbone!!! :( I hope i can see that before i die!

Monsterkitti
February 15th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Yep im finding BSL to Waist a bit of a marathon.

APL to BSL was pretty rapid but I seemed to enter a stall pretty soon after passing BSL so feel like ive been growing to waist for most of the time Ive been at LHC! Plus I have a long distance BSL to Waist so its bound to take quite a while, only 1inch though so nearly there :)

Newniepg
February 15th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Oh great! I didn't need to know that! I am just past BSL and was hoping the descent to waist would be as rapid as APL to BSL.

It will be worth it though I hope.

Masara
February 15th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I swear I was "2 inches from waist" for ages.

Me too. I thought I would never get there. It didn't help that my growth slowed down just at that moment. But I see I'm not the only one.
Then, all of a sudden I was at waist and a month later, hip (low ribs, high hips) and now I'm back at "only another few inches" but it's for tailbone this time.

Margeaux
February 15th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Hmmm, this is one opinion I'd have to counter. For me APL to BSL took ages - almost 1.5 years - because I had a lot of pre-LHC heating and dye damage to deal with. Now that I'm well on my way with a much healthier routine I see my hair growing so much more easily; I'm still a pretty slow grower (having curly hair massively ties into this, because I always measure dry) but my recent progression beyond BSL seems to be a walk in the park compared to the no-man's land between APL and BSL. :)

MsBubbles
February 15th, 2010, 06:51 AM
When I did, I didn't like it. I had this wide sweep of hair hiding the fact that I even had a waist, then big fat butt underneath. It was NOT a good look for me.

Ah! This describes me too. So that's food for thought. Although my hair is way thinner than yours, Spidermom, so maybe see-through ends have their purpose here :p.

My APL-to-BSL seemed to happen almost overnight, but I think mostly that's because of my ill-fitting bras that hiked themselves up every day. And now a long waist plus ratty ends is making the BSL-to-Waist journey so tedious, I am bored with it and have gone on to something else. I've gotten over the illusion that I'll be at waist in XX months (multiplying my monthly growth out, in anticipation!), and am now thinking it will take YEARS.

FrannyG
February 15th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I think it depends a lot on height and body type. For example if you're high-waisted, it wouldn't take as long as if you're low-waisted. Of course if would take longer if you're taller too.

Anyway, the way I look at it, it's not a race, it's a journey, so just enjoy every step. :blossom:

jivete
February 15th, 2010, 07:34 AM
It's taking longer for me, but I think it's because all the pre-LHC heat and dye damage is catching up with me and I've been trimming more. There is a bit of a perception issue too. Even though APL to full BSL is further on me than BSL to waist, the presence of a bra makes it seem shorter. It's no time at all to see hairs brushing the top of the bra after APL and even if it isn't full BSL, it feels like BSL because the hair is near the bra strap at least. I bet if you wore a wide belt at your waist, BSL to waist would seem a lot closer together.

SpeakingEZ
February 16th, 2010, 01:38 AM
It's taking longer for me, but I think it's because all the pre-LHC heat and dye damage is catching up with me and I've been trimming more. I'm dealing with this, too, only it's that plus the breakage that still insists on causing splits all over my length. My hair is measuring between 29.5 and 30, depending on how wet it is, but is still about 2 inches from waist. (I've never seen myself as low-waisted, but I guess I am.)

paintedmuse
February 16th, 2010, 06:54 AM
I hit BSL in summer 09, and it took forever to get past it. Last month I was finally closer to waist than to BSL, but I had to trim it about 2 inches, because of old damage. Now I'm back at just-past-BSL, and I'm so frustrated. It had just begun to feel long to me, it had just begun to wave more, to fall around my shoulders and back in a flattering way... and now it's gone.
But it will come back eventually :) I will hit waist this year. :D

Jules diamond
February 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I know what you mean! I think I might have hit a stall.

Keildra
February 16th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I am at mid back, dry, just above waist wet. I was at waist wet but I decided to trim off some damage and now I'm back to tilting my neck back in the shower. I also have a fairly long torso so I guess it takes me longer than some others but I know I've been there before, I can get there again.

misspriss
February 16th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I have a high waist. I think I am the only person who doesn't feel like they have this problem? It seemed like shoulder to BSL took forever....and then I felt like I didn't grow at all for a little while, sat right at BSL. I think it's the girls though, I always look at in the mirror, and they tend to make it look shorter, because my hair has to go up and over to get to the waist. But in the past, say, week, I have noticed that my longest layers are AT waist, in the FRONT. Over the girls :) I usually get DBF to take pictures from the back so I can "look" at my "official length", but what matters is what I see in the mirror to me anyway.

I don't officially measure or anything, I just look. I am now at waist. I need to go change those options anyway....

Anyway, what I mean to say is, if I wasn't stopping at waist, it would take me longer to get to hip or tailbone. Well, I am pretty short, and I have a pretty short torso, so not that long. It's like, 3.5" from waist to hip? and 2.5 to 3" from BSL to waist.

jesamyn
February 16th, 2010, 06:24 PM
BSL to waist is taking forever for me too. This is at least in part because I am trimming out layers. I just checked my roots (I henna, so I can look for my sprinkling of silver to gauge growth), and it looks like my growth has slowed some as well. Oh well. It'll get there when it gets there, and in the meantime, I am enjoying it at this length!

jojo
February 18th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I found apl to bsl the most frustrating and slow growth period. Getting to waist (I am 0.5" off) didn't seem to take as long though in reality it took 12 months the same as apl to bsl. I can do more with it now so maybe this is why but I find waist is not the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for me as it doent seem long at all plus I have the wrong hips for waist!

Hopefully my next stop at hip will be more rewarding for me!

Fiferstone
February 18th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Yep, there's simply more distance to cover from BSL to waist, than there is from APL to BSL.

I'm currently 2 inches shy of tailbone and that seems to be taking forever to me. I refuse to have scraggly ends (I'm a finey as well and fairytale ends don't look good on me either), so I'm snipping off damage while trying to get to the next length goal, it just seems like it's taking forever and it's been months since I could update my current length stat with a new number. My ultimate goal is to see what the heck tailbone looks like. I understand your frustration, but since there is nothing one can do about the speed of the process, all we can do is take care of it, practice a bit of benign neglect, and await the day when that next milestone is reached :).

Erin-86
February 18th, 2010, 07:38 AM
well...for me, When I just let it grow due to the fact that I didn't know what I wanted, it seemed like it grew really really fast and I was at waist *overnight* (it felt that way).

Now I want it again, and letting it grow out on purpose, it feels like it will take forever before I come even close to bsl, but of course, that's only in my mind. It probably grows at the same rate it did when I grew it out earlier.

Anlbe
February 18th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I've never got there. Three years ago I was just starting to finally make progress and then had a bad highlight job where they bleached the length instead of just the roots. Now I'm refusing to trim and doing massive S&D every day in a vain attempt to make some progress again. Bet you get to waist before me.

DarkChocolate
February 18th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I takes forever getting to waist and even longer to get from waist to tailbone:flower:

BrightEyes7
February 18th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Actually for me it went really fast. It was like my hair was BSL length and I woke up the next day and it was waist. But it happened over the summer and I live in the freakin desert so I was wearing it up constantly because it was like 115* F!!!

But it seemed like no time to me! :cheese:

MissMandyElizab
February 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I know the feeling its like chanting at it "grow, grow grow!!!!" but alas it is our burden and we will enjoy our victory as we have pretty hair toys to celabrate !!!just a thought

Oskimosa
February 18th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I have a high waist. I think I am the only person who doesn't feel like they have this problem? It seemed like shoulder to BSL took forever....and then I felt like I didn't grow at all for a little while, sat right at BSL. I think it's the girls though, I always look at in the mirror, and they tend to make it look shorter, because my hair has to go up and over to get to the waist. But in the past, say, week, I have noticed that my longest layers are AT waist, in the FRONT. Over the girls :) I usually get DBF to take pictures from the back so I can "look" at my "official length", but what matters is what I see in the mirror to me anyway.

I don't officially measure or anything, I just look. I am now at waist. I need to go change those options anyway....

Anyway, what I mean to say is, if I wasn't stopping at waist, it would take me longer to get to hip or tailbone. Well, I am pretty short, and I have a pretty short torso, so not that long. It's like, 3.5" from waist to hip? and 2.5 to 3" from BSL to waist.

I have a short torso and a high waist, also. Nowadays when I put my hands on my hips my hair comes just about to the tops of my thumbs. But with all the layers and the girls up front, my hair looks about apl to me in the mirror. Unless I pull everything up front, then the girls are MAYBE half covered. So even if I'm about waist, it doesn't feel like it at all. Totally get what you mean :rolleyes:

RedButterfly
February 19th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Yes! It always takes my hair a long time to grow from BSL to waist.

I recently cut off some damaged hair that took me from waist-length to BSL. I'm happy with the healthier ends but I am frustrated about how long it will probably take to get my curls to grow to waist-length. It also seems to take longer because of curl shrinkage. My curls shrink up a bit in the ringlet formation so that my hair has to be slightly longer than waist-length to appear waist-length when dry.

tinker bug
February 19th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I'm the weirdo here. APL to BSL took forever; BSL to waist was like, I had BSL one day then I went to bed and woke up and it was waist.

PearlyCurly
February 19th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Oh yes for sure, since i am only SL:o

Hana
February 19th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I'm the weirdo here. APL to BSL took forever; BSL to waist was like, I had BSL one day then I went to bed and woke up and it was waist.

WOW. am i jealous.
Mind you, I'm stuck at APL, ideal goal is waist, but BSL has never seemed so far away! Although I dont remember ever having problems growing to BSL before. Hmmm...

I do have a long back and a relatively low waist, so I suspect that might make all the difference when it comes to growing past BSL.

misspriss
February 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM
I have a short torso and a high waist, also. Nowadays when I put my hands on my hips my hair comes just about to the tops of my thumbs. But with all the layers and the girls up front, my hair looks about apl to me in the mirror. Unless I pull everything up front, then the girls are MAYBE half covered. So even if I'm about waist, it doesn't feel like it at all. Totally get what you mean :rolleyes:

Oskimosa, I see you have the layers I have too! It doesn't help with the length in the front vs. the length in the back, does it?

I have a guilty habit, I flip down the little mirror in the car and look at my ends while I'm driving (stopped in traffic, not flying down the road!). That's when I noticed that it finally looks waist in the front!

09robiha
February 19th, 2010, 02:29 PM
arrrgghhh!!1 I fell you pain I really do. Its going to take FOREVER to grow to waist on me. I have long torso and long legs (nickname is bambi lol) with my hips and butt kinda squished in there. At least it wont take long to get from waist to hip or tailbone...mabe even classic lol

myotislucifugus
February 19th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Hmmm... I felt that way too. I feel like it took 3 years to get to BSL (until I figured out that scissor happy hairdressers were cutting their definition of an inch. Not saying they're wrong, just not mine or the standardized english system of measurement's) And then...

I joined LHC, decided to not trim for a year, just to see what would happen, and not only hit waist, but am rocketing towards tailbone.:cheese:

Granted, I like a blunt hemline, and will be trimming once I hit the year mark, I think (or tailbone, the following month) but it will happen.

heynormy
February 20th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, it does seem to be taking forever!! My main goal was to grow to waist and maintain it, however I think I am favoring hip length at the moment..but its taking FOREVER!!

nellreno
February 20th, 2010, 10:56 PM
It took me forever just to get to BSL, I'm not looking forward to waiting for waist to show up.

Sara_1987
February 21st, 2010, 02:31 AM
I have a long torso and it does seem to be taking a long time to grow to waist. I'm now right below BSL and for a long time it just DID NOT seem to grow. So annoying! But now that I started taking DE I feel like I see it getting longer and I'm hoping to reach waist by the summer.

Carolyn
February 21st, 2010, 06:51 AM
I have a long torso and it does seem to be taking a long time to grow to waist. I'm now right below BSL and for a long time it just DID NOT seem to grow. So annoying! But now that I started taking DE I feel like I see it getting longer and I'm hoping to reach waist by the summer.
I'm long waisted too. When I made my own clothes I used to have to add 2" to the back waist length on the pattern so I feel your pain. Maybe we need to look at it as having more hair to work with when we finally hit the waistline mark.

Dreamernz
February 21st, 2010, 07:27 AM
I hear ya, but we all have to go through that stage and there are those who have grown from pixie to knee. I agree with the others, put it up a bit more, I found that once my hair hit BSL i could do more with it and therefore forget about it a bit easier :D

vdhendrix
February 21st, 2010, 07:37 AM
yes i thought i would never get past BSL and it seemed to take FOREVER to finally get to tailbone, but it seems to speed up after that

starlights
February 21st, 2010, 08:45 AM
yes i have listened... i will keep my hair up and forget about it for the next million months, lol

actually i forgot about it all last week, then i washed my hair over weekend and noticed its getting closer... to waist....... yay!! still takes forever tho, haha!

misspriss
February 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Another thing I have noticed, being high waisted and reaching waist length very fast.

I can't do many updos that call for waist length hair! Although my hair reaches *my* waist, it is still fairly short, in the grand scheme of things. I can only do updos for BSL-ish hair, which is very frustrating.

atlantaz3
February 23rd, 2010, 08:13 PM

I'm convinced I'm terminal I don't think I've gained any length in a year and I've only had two 1/2 inch trims. The question is why do I get roots from my highlights?!! I'm happy with my length - if it magically decides to grow another five inches so be it. And I'm only 5'4" so 29 should do it....

Copasetic
February 23rd, 2010, 08:19 PM
I feel like I am moving from BSL to waist really quickly :) I think I am lucky to have very steady hair growth and very little breakage.

Debra83
February 24th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Rats! I was hoping it would be faster than the trip from shoulder to bs. fume.

Topaz
February 26th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Forever seems almost like an understatement! I spent all of last year trimming off old damage (from use of cones and general ignorance of good hair care) and learning the best ways to make my hair healthy. Now it's in good condition and I'm ready for some major growth. If only it will come!!!

Alexannee10
February 26th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I think the same way :P APL to BSL was kinda short compare to BSL to waist! It's been a year now that i'm trying to reach waist, and I'm almost done, but APL to BSL didn't seem that long .......

LaurelSpring
February 26th, 2010, 10:16 AM

I am so there. Its like this disappearing mirage of a goal. Whenever I look in the mirror it seems to be further away then the last time I looked. I keep thinking just 2 more inches but I feel like I've been saying that forever! I so wish I hadnt cut off my taper in August. At least those few strands would have been there now.

LaurelSpring
February 26th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I'm convinced I'm terminal I don't think I've gained any length in a year and I've only had two 1/2 inch trims. The question is why do I get roots from my highlights?!! I'm happy with my length - if it magically decides to grow another five inches so be it. And I'm only 5'4" so 29 should do it....

Yes! Another strange phenomenon! I get new growth, the ends are healthy and dont seem to be breaking off, yet I dont seem to see any progress. It must be some sort of optical illusion going on back there.

oceanwoman111
February 26th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Yes! I was just thinking the same thing this morning. Thought it was just me. I feel like I've been below mid-back and above the waist for a year! Maybe I shouldn't get any trims until I get there. I can't wait! I feel like when gets to waist length, it really stand out from the norm. Well, luckily we are all in this together. :wethree:

Gingevere
February 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Same here... and it doesn't help that my hair actually has been growing unusually slow the past several months. I've been so close to waist for so long! :justy:

SeaShell
February 26th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I've been thinking this too...I recorded some videos so I could see my hair length when I started at APL and I seemed to reach BSL really fast...but I've been stuck hovering just past there for an eternity now :/ I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem but I wish it would grow faster for us all!

mtstorm
February 26th, 2010, 01:26 PM
After I started putting my hair up everyday I went from just below BSL to waist in 6 months. Still felt like forever though.

teela1978
February 26th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I think the problem is you run out of landmarks.

First year or so (possibly a little longer)
Shoulders, Yay! APL, yay!
Then you finally hit the top of your bra, hooray! Then you're in the middle of the strap, hooray! Then, the tippy tips are touching the bottom of your bra strap, hooray!!!!

Then you wait another year or so (or more) till you hit waist.

deko
February 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM
It will take forever.

My waist lenght is at 34" . I envy all shorter people. I'm barely at BSL and it will take at least a year to gain waist lenght. If I don't cut my hair AT ALL.

Windblownhair
February 26th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Absolutely. Aside from the fact that my waist is long, it literally looks like my hair planteaus. And the silky hair right at the nape of my neck really starts tangling up, leading to more trims. :mad:

Elenna
February 26th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I started out with shoulder-length damaged and dyed hair. Three years later, I'm only at BSL with most of the damage and dye trimmed off.

But I'm still not at goal of waist-length silvering-natural hair. It seems to go on forever.

Even after three years here, I keep learning new ideas for hair care all of the time. Who would of thought that there was so much information on just hair!

Tangles
February 26th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Youre not the only one.

If you think about the fact that backs are a pretty large portion of one's body--it's not that weird.

Oskimosa
February 26th, 2010, 10:49 PM

I have heard of this happening. Supposedly there was a member who went a similar length of time with no growth only to find out that her office chair was rubbing her length right there and breaking off the ends! Your ends look healthy, but could there be something similar causing them to be severed? Obviously your hair IS growing if you have to re-do your highlights. Something is just happening to that new growth...

Yes! I was just thinking the same thing this morning. Thought it was just me. I feel like I've been below mid-back and above the waist for a year! Maybe I shouldn't get any trims until I get there. I can't wait! I feel like when gets to waist length, it really stand out from the norm. Well, luckily we are all in this together. :wethree:

It's funny you should day that; from your avatar it looks to me that you are already at or past waist! Looks more like you are headed for hip. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it looks to me :)

C_Bookworm
February 28th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Especially tangly at this stage. I've had my hair at knee before and less tangles to deal with. And tangles always seem to lead to extra trims

marikamt
February 28th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I am definitely at a stall.... APL to BSL took only a few months... I thought I would be at waist by Valentines day at the latest...... ummmmm, not so much so. At this rate, if I am lucky, by this time next year I will just be passing waist. Very discouraging and frustrating.

zeldagirl7491
March 1st, 2010, 09:07 AM
It's taking me years to get past BSL. But there are a few things that probably have been keeping me from waist: 1. way to many 1 inch trims (almost every month and 1 /2.) thank goodness I gave up trimming. 2. My torso is quite long. 3. Not being gentle with my hair. (I used to literaly RIP a plastic brush through my WET hair!)
Ever since I found TLHC my hair care routine has greatly changed. Waist length, here I come!!! :D

Anisaa
March 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
I feel the same way too!!! My hair is at BSL at the moment and my goal is to get it elbow length. however I feel it is taking FOREVER and EVER and no matter how much I take care of it, it is not growing.

Joette
March 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Hi, I'm quite new. :) I was surprised today to find that I was just below BSL, but I still have 6" (another YEAR! Cry!) to get to waist. So....yes, for me it does apparently take forever to get to waist.

I can't remember for sure when I started growing from pixie. I think it was 2007. I'm going to have to go back and try to find some pictures to confirm; I'm usually the one taking the photos, so that might be tough.

IcarusBride
March 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I think the distance from APL to BSL is only a few inches, but BSL to waist is about twice that distance. That's just my body though. From what I've seen on here, it looks like waist/tb to classic is the loooongest journey. >..< I'm not there yet though. I'm still BSL->Waist like you. If I make it anytime soon, I'll let you know how long it took!

Spring
March 10th, 2010, 07:58 PM

lol.... this has to be the most torturous stretch, that's why I consider mbl a milestone between bsl and wl :p. A girl has to stay motivated somehow :D

SHADOWSCODE46
March 10th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Hmm, I guess I'll be the odd one out and say that I have to disagree. As someone who has just did a big chop exactly a year ago, I am actually bewildered and amazed how quickly my hair has grown out.
With almost 31 months of growth on my head, waist length is 2" away from my longest layers (since I last pulled a curly to check). That is fairly normal as most have said waist length usually hits at around the 3 yr mark.

Maybe it's just me and how fast the time has gone by, but when I decided to chop my hair I resulted to the fact that it was going to take FOREVER for me to get back to hip length. When I chopped it was above the crease of my arm.

starlights
March 12th, 2010, 02:45 AM
i started this post but i'd like to tell everyone who responded THERE IS HOPE FOR US

I JUST REACHED WAIST.... yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Joette
March 12th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Way to go, Starlights! We knew you could do it.:cheese:

cellardoor
March 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I feel for you! I'm currently on my way to waist, but I feel like its going to be a looooong road :( I also have tons of layers from when my hair was short...oh well, I'll get there eventually!

SHADOWSCODE46
March 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Congrats! It is such an amazing hair milestone. For me, my hair actually starts to feel 'long' to me. I don't consider my hair long until it's at my waist haha.

melusine
March 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM
*nod nod* I'm another one waiting impatiently for my BSL hair to get to waist. Can't stop going over to the mirror to check .:rolleyes: I think it's also because I'm closer to my goal now whereas before I was a long way away so it was easier to ignore it and let it get on with its thing.

Congrats for reaching your goal :D

pinchbeck
March 12th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I have never reached waist length in my adulthood. It seems I am reaching the 'danger zone' whereby my hair at mid-back length starts irritating me and I always cut it back to bsl. This time around I am trying to convince myself to allow my hair to get to waist, but it seems like it is taking forever. I have another three inches to go (six months) which seems like a meter. Waist length to me means hair that reaches a persons elbow. So...I know how you feel!