PDA

View Full Version : Hats and damage??

09robiha
February 14th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Does wearing a hat couse any damage to hair?? I wear a hat often, they suit me and i actually feel odd not have one on but i am unsure if they cause damage or not

2peasinapod
February 14th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I think it depends on the type of hat. I wear hats like a fedora or a beret or other soft cap without worrying about it, but I always wear a bandana under a cap.

What kind of hats do you wear, and how do you wear your hair under them? I think the biggest worry would be if the hat is very tight and worn every day.

Anlbe
February 14th, 2010, 06:54 AM
I always wear hats too! Yes they can cause damamge. For me they cause breakage if they're too tight or if they're lined with synthetic materials. Sometimes I have to change the grosgrain, but that's about the most I've had to do to make a hat hair friendly

starlights
February 15th, 2010, 10:00 AM
i think it depends on what type of hat your wearing...
becoz its cold here... i usaully wear a wolly beret when i go out , i find this protects my hair from the elements :)

bumblebums
February 15th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I don't think there is anything inherently damaging about hats, but there are hats and then there are hats. As long as it is loose and does not pull your hair or cut blood flow off to your scalp, it can only be good for you.

One thing I've been meaning to try is lining some of my hats with satin. It makes them warmer and takes out the potentially abrasive effect of the wool.

09robiha
February 15th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I usually wear fedora style or baker boy type hats, and there not particualry tight. Also me hair is either loose or in 2 braids when i wear a hat.