PDA

View Full Version : Cone-y question

marikamt
February 13th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I am cone free and really like being cone free except...... even after a trim, I am still finding split split ends (I had another post recently that I had a split end explosion inthe past few weeks).

Is it worth it to use a cone-y condish once a month for the the "benefit" of my ends? Since I am SLS free, would the build-up be nominal and only "help" my ends?

I hope I am explaining this correctly. I like the length of my hair w/out cones but am wondering if it would seal/ protect my ends better.....

Tutti_Frutti
February 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I have no idea, but my guess is that the cones will only hide your split ends, and that they'll still be there.

marikamt
February 13th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Would it keep them from "traveling up" or getting worse until my next trim? I don't have damaged ends (in fact, this trims was 6 mos after last and hairdresser was amazed at condition of my hair), but even though I JUST got it trimmed I am still seeing some splits and it bugs me......I am hoping to go another 6 mos before another trim.
it makes me wonder if it is pre-lhc hair care on the very ends......
or am I just being too hyper-critical?

Dreams_in_Pink
February 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
i, personally, don't think so. As said above, it does a great job hiding the damage, but that doesn't mean there's no damage. (when washing with SLS to remove buildup, you might even help the splits travel up, since SLS makes hair dry and vulnerable)

Tutti_Frutti
February 13th, 2010, 11:11 AM
it makes me wonder if it is pre-lhc hair care on the very ends......

That could be right. I have also some split ends and my hair is only APL. It's probably the old damage from the flat iron.

young&reckless
February 13th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Pass, I think it will just hide it. I cones really stopped splits from happening we would all be useing them.