PDA

View Full Version : 49 and over curly.

Anne~
February 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Ok here we go if you are around 49 and over! Warning... I am a curly.

"photo" This is my hair…I am 49 years old. I have been washing my hair in Wen by Chas Dean for a year now. I use Giovanni direct leave-in as a conditioner I rinse a bit and leave a little. When I comb it out I use any kind of frizz removing hair serum such as (Frizz Ease, but cheap). Never had a problem with cones they have always been water soluble for me I have been using hair serums since they came out. Let air dry.

Best part, I think, is my eating habits that have changed my hair so much. I eat less and better (cut the crap) never fake butter only real (margarine is one chemical off of plastic). I take fish oil omega 3 capsules 3 times a day. I take a child’s chewable vitamin, and Wal-Mart’s hair skin and nails tab twice a day and chew it before I swallow it.

I noticed a huge difference in my hair after 6 months of this. Difference, from the diet the growing out part is thicker. From the care, much softer, cleaner, better control and condition. I only wash my hair once a week unless it gets dirty and I only finger comb it between washings.

I am not a big fan of exercise, I do what I need to do to clean horse stalls, truck driving and house work, the rest of the time I am in front of a computer, building websites and repairing computers. But this is about hair condition.

Just letting you know my experience.

http://www.sullyswebdesigns.com/lhc/curls09.jpg

GlassEyes
February 12th, 2010, 06:56 PM
My hair wants to be your hair when it grows up. Er, or down, rather.

That is really all I have to say. XD

SpinDance
February 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Wow! I love your curls!

Anne~
February 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM

That is really all I have to say. XD

At your age my hair was like an afro. Looking at your pic I am sorry I do not think you will accomplish the curls with out a perm. I do not want to discourage you. I prayed to God for your hair for 20 years.

Anne~
February 12th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Wow! I love your curls!

Thank you, but I have always hated them.

teela1978
February 12th, 2010, 07:28 PM
At your age my hair was like an afro. Looking at your pic I am sorry I do not think you will accomplish the curls with out a perm. I do not want to discourage you. I prayed to God for your hair for 20 years.

Ahh, but his hair has been straightened for his signature picture. I believe glass eye's hair is normally closer in texture to your own ;)

GoddesJourney
February 12th, 2010, 07:28 PM
If you had straight hair, you'd want curls. That's just the way humans are. Anyway, your hair looks great and you have a wonderful length.

Anne~
February 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM
If you had straight hair, you'd want curls. That's just the way humans are. Anyway, your hair looks great and you have a wonderful length.

Thank you! Also You are entirely correct!

spidermom
February 12th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Very nice; I haven't seen an updated photo of you for a good long while, until today.

Anne~
February 12th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Ahh, but his hair has been straightened for his signature picture. I believe glass eye's hair is normally closer in texture to your own ;)

Copy that; I went thru hell growing up. I only wished I could have hair like his.

Anne~
February 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Very nice; I haven't seen an updated photo of you for a good long while, until today.

I am still here but I wold have to PM you for why. All sorts of things happen for a reason.

PurpleAshes
February 12th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Beautiful hair! I too wish to have hair like yours when it grown. How long is it when stretched?

camirra555
February 12th, 2010, 09:20 PM

Mine too! Your hair is breathtaking

Gypsy
February 13th, 2010, 12:20 AM
That is some beauty hair.
I have envy.:cool:

Loreley
February 13th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Your hair is beautiful! :thud:

Toadstool
February 13th, 2010, 03:19 AM

LOL his hair's straightened in that picture :)

Sammich
February 13th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Gorgeous and gorgeous and gorgeous. I've always wanted curls like this... guess I'll have to do it in a non permy/heaty way. ;)
My hair at the very most has a few waves. Gaah. :p

curlylocks85
February 13th, 2010, 07:23 AM
You are definitely a hairspiration idol for me. Your curls are beautiful.

lapushka
February 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM
You have absolutely stunning hair and such beautiful curls!

Radulfr
February 13th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Your hair is beautiful. (Wish mine was that long.)

eta:

Originally Posted by GoddesJourney
I can back that up - dittos.