PDA

View Full Version : The length of my hair just saved me some pain!

Monkey962
February 12th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Most of us longhairs have experienced the pain and annoyance of getting our hair caught in car doors. Well, just now as I was putting my brother's car in the driveway (he's away on vacation), a gust of wind blew past as I was getting in. As I was putting the car in, I noticed that a piece of my hair was obstructing my vision slightly, and figured the wind had put it that way. When I was getting out, I saw that a chunk of my hair was hanging loosely from my head to the door, and further more of it was sticking out of the door! My hair is so long, that it didn't get ripped out! :D

Peter
February 12th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Haha nice!

Do be careful though. :)

sarahramen
February 16th, 2010, 06:10 PM
:bigeyes:well i guess its good in a way... watch out though it could be dangerous, but glad your ok

Keildra
February 16th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Lol nice one but I hope it didn't get damaged by the door

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Wow, glad you didn't hurt yourself! :D Mine can be that way too - depending on how far down the length it catches. If it's towards the end when it blows out the door, I might not notice it right off....if it's towards my head, it yanks my head backwards and hurts my neck. I mostly wear it up. ;)

merryhair
February 18th, 2010, 03:43 PM
So glad both you and your hair are okay! :)

Suze334
February 18th, 2010, 10:18 PM
You'll be super aware when getting in the car from now on- so will I- oh wait, my hair isn't long enough. Someday. :o

Angela_Rose
February 18th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Cool story.

And yeah, windy here in MA today!

BlueMuse
February 19th, 2010, 01:15 AM
I wish I was that lucky. Just an FYI though, if your vacuum doesn't make a tight seal between the drive shaft and tube attachments, do not get your head close to it. I lost a 6in chunk and now my braids are a little wonky. Teach me to get down on my hands and knees to vacuum under the fridge.

jera
February 19th, 2010, 01:27 AM
That was funny. Your hair must be very strong to emerge from that unscathed. :p

Sissy
February 19th, 2010, 06:36 AM
yeah, you must have some long, strong hair going on there. I can imagine the damage mine would suffer if I did that!