PDA

View Full Version : New here and with a problem!

thriftesfai
February 12th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi! I've been lurking this forum for quite a while, and it's high time I decided to post a bit :p But I come seeking advice!

I have 3a type hair, BSL, that is prone to breakage and splitting in the back. I just had a haircut in December, and I'll be having another soon maybe in about a month or two to get rid of any left over splits. I've tried mosturizing (my hair isn't all that dry to begin with), but maybe the problem is that it's constantly rubbing on something like my jacket or pillow while I sleep...maybe I should sleep with a head scarf?
I appreciate any advice!

peachrose
February 12th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hi and welcome! Yes, that certainly seems like a possibility that your damage could be mechanical from rubbing on something. Sleeping with it in a braid, silk cap, or on a silk pillowcase should help. Wearing you hair in updos will also help reduce damage from rubbing on clothes. Oh, and when you are getting your hair cut be mindful that razors cause splits as well. Good luck!

khan
February 12th, 2010, 10:40 PM
:flowers::flowers:Welcome -
I suggest spending some time in the articles section. It's at the top. Soooo much good advice there. I've spent the equivilent of days going thru the different articles.