PDA

View Full Version : How to get volume?

moon-flower
April 29th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I was wondering, if there are a few ways to get your hair to look more like it has more volume. But I don't wan't to cause damage, and I don't want that poofy frizzy look. My hair has gotten quite thin in the last 3 years, and sometimes I don't want to wear my hair down, cause it's so thin. My hair is fine, very straight and thin. I heard Cassia, can help thicken, but are their shampoos and conditioners that help?

Tangles
April 29th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Damp bunning adds a bit of volume because it doesn't allow the strands to separate as much.

Nat242
April 29th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I find a small amount of shea butter applied to my roots (not scalp) and a little on the length gives me an extra boost of volume.

-- Natalie

Rustella
April 29th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Seriously, there are some things you can do. When I used to wait tables years ago I wore my hair in a bun, and would put it up wet. When I'd let it down 12 hours later it would have TONS of volume, and it would pretty much be dry. In fact it would have lots of volume no matter what updo I did as long as I put it up wet and let it dry there before taking it down.

At the risk of getting virtual things thrown at me there's also something else you could try. Flip your head upside down and use a diffuser to blowdry only the roots. [Calm down, people, I did say only the roots! :luke:]

You could also check your products to make sure they aren't weighing your hair down. A good clarifying shampoo may help.

moon-flower
April 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Well maybe that helps, because I NEVER put my hair up, until it is compleatly dry. I never have applied shea butter to my roots, and I never blowdry, I don't even think I own a blow dryer..... Usually, when I can get volume, it "deflates" in 4 hours...
I always thought damp bunning would look bad, and thinner, cause my hair looks way thinner wet.

Alaskanheart
April 29th, 2008, 08:56 PM
moonflower, i have no suggestions, but I think your hair is perfect. I am in awe of your length and how silky it looks.