PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find plain wooden hairstick?

Dark Rosaleen
April 29th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hi guys and gals.

I was wondering if you could all help me out with something. My roomate and I were wanting to make our own hairsticks, but are not sure where we can find plain wooden sticks to purchase. We'd like to find some that are already drilled at the top so that we can easily decorate them, but if they are not drilled that's fine too.

Thank you all.:)

capelli lunghi
April 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM
www.firemountaingems.com has several different varieties.. I've gotten a couple things from there. I think it is a good place to start out! They have a TON of other things too! Post pics when you are done making yours!

Haith
April 29th, 2008, 09:23 PM
You could always buy a piece of wooden dowling from a hardware store and then sand, sand, sand it into shape. But I think that would be very hard and time consuming, even if the materials are readily available. Maybe you would appreciate it that much more because of all the time you put into it?:p

Another suggestion would be to get some wooden chopsticks and then cut/sand them to the right length and smoothness. This I have done-- I got a package of 4 decent chopsticks at the dollar store.

k_hepburn
April 30th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Another supplier for blanks and other components for making your own hair sticks is manyhorses (http://www.manyhorses.com/store_hairsticks.htm) .

Dark Rosaleen
April 30th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Wonderful, thank you all.
I'll definetly post some pictures after we make them.

SHELIAANN1969
April 30th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I have seen plain hairsticks on ebay as well. just do a search for hairsticks and usually some plain / blank ones show up.