PDA

View Full Version : What other hair forums are saying about TLHC

vdhendrix
February 12th, 2010, 09:03 AM
i was lurking around another hair forum and came across a post were they were talking about a woman that had "disgusting" ankle length hair, anyway they brought up the TLHC to sort of give examples of what they were talkng about.

<link removed pending moderator discussion>

SimplyViki
February 12th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Hmm... well, the posts you linked are from 2005, so I think whatever discussion they were having 5 years ago is probably irrelevant by now.

vdhendrix
February 12th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hmm... well, the posts you linked are from 2005, so I think whatever discussion they were having 5 years ago is probably irrelevant by now.

lol i didnt even noitce the date, but either way i just thought people here would be interested in what other forums are saying about tlhc

lora410
February 12th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Probably not a good idea to talk about stuff like this. It will only cause conflict in the forums. I doubt any of us care what other people think of our hair or our wonderful forum home.

Carolyn
February 12th, 2010, 09:16 AM
There were posts about LHC over at Hair Boutique too. We can't please all of the people all of the time.

vdhendrix
February 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Probably not a good idea to talk about stuff like this. It will only cause conflict in the forums. I doubt any of us care what other people think of our hair or our wonderful forum home.

well its kinda like the threads on here about the rude or stupid hair comments people make

halo_tightens
February 12th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I actually got a huge laugh out of that! I also can't help but feel a touch of pride, for some weird reason.

Especially when someone referred to people who feel as many of us do about long hair as "crunchy granola earth mother types ." Rolling on the freaking floor here!!! :D :rolling: :cheese:

sherigayle
February 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I was enjoying my crunchy granola bar while reading that thread.:D

vdhendrix
February 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I actually got a huge laugh out of that! I also can't help but feel a touch of pride, for some weird reason.

Especially when someone referred to people who feel as many of us do about long hair as "crunchy granola earth mother types ." Rolling on the freaking floor here!!! :D :rolling: :cheese:

lol i know, and the love cats comments

redneckprincess
February 12th, 2010, 09:57 AM
thats why this is the only hair care forum I use

Copasetic
February 12th, 2010, 09:58 AM
The original post is so mean :(. Its just so unnecessary to call someone's hair "barf" worthy because its not your personal preference.

Dreams_in_Pink
February 12th, 2010, 09:59 AM
i'm gonna join the rofl chain here :D we know that these people are not just someone on another hair forum. We have them in our family, friends. Most people hate long hair. I learnt to let people go and put out the spark before it fires up. No-one can force anyone to cut or grow their hair.

jmallen62691
February 12th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I hear the ugly green monster of envy in that thread! Yep. I consider "crunchy granola earth mother types" a compliment. And is there a war here I don't know about? It seems like there are a lot of ignorant bitches on that forum. *shrugs* I call em as I see em. ;]

Syaoransbear
February 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I think I originally almost joined that forum because it's the first result in google but in the banner it says for "women of color" so I felt like I wasn't supposed to join. :shrug:

Kaijah
February 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM

Personally, I think they were kinda pointless when they started it. :D Who cares what b*tchy people think, really? They'll find something to complain about with anything.

LOL. I guess I just love that we're all crazy cat lady "crunchy granola earth mother types" XDD

myrrhmaiden
February 12th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Nasty sounding bunch...Poor them, lucky us! <3 LHC. Love. We has it.

Longlocks3
February 12th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I think on LHC we have a pretty good understanding of letting others be who they want to be. Whether that is fairytale ends, floor length hair, whatever it is; we tend to be accepting of things mainstream culture isn't.

That being said, we have exceptions to this on THIS very board. People who have other opinions.

And I think it is unfair to judge that whole board as anti super long hair because of that thread. I don't think they are paying that much attention to us, just like most of us don't frequent that site. It would be completely different if they had threads upon threads of negative stuff about us......

ericthegreat
February 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM

I agree totally. There is a very high possibility that a few members here are also members on that forum, or members from that forum also visit our forum and this will only create a war between the two hair forums. Its best to just not pay attention to any perceived negative comments that anyone may make about anyone else.

xoxophelia
February 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM
ooo I love crunchy granola... ;)

trillcat
February 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I lurk around that site a lot. I like it there though I dont post, not a lady of color, unless pink counts. :)
I find it fascinating that such a cultural difference exists between us. Long caucasion hair=bad and nasty, long African American hair =good.
I dont pretend to know why this is, but it seems it is, *heavy sigh*
Going to go eat granola, check on my sprouts, hug a tree and play with my cat.

vdhendrix
February 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I think on LHC we have a pretty good understanding of letting others be who they want to be. Whether that is fairytale ends, floor length hair, whatever it is; we tend to be accepting of things mainstream culture isn't.

That being said, we have exceptions to this on THIS very board. People who have other opinions.

And I think it is unfair to judge that whole board as anti super long hair because of that thread. I don't think they are paying that much attention to us, just like most of us don't frequent that site. It would be completely different if they had threads upon threads of negative stuff about us......

no there are not threads upon threads, but i have come across a few others threads on that forum that have mentioned tlhc, not all have been bad though

pinchbeck
February 12th, 2010, 11:01 AM
[quote=lora410;971881 I doubt any of us care what other people think [/quote]I care what other people think of my hair, that's why it never gets longer than it is!:(

Prism
February 12th, 2010, 11:02 AM

This is funny. Yeah, I couldn't care less what anybody else says about long hair or this forum. But it's good for a laugh. I did have granola for breakfast today (and it was crunchy). I'm a cat-mother. Is that close enough? I just want to belong!

pinchbeck
February 12th, 2010, 11:05 AM
well its kinda like the threads on here about the rude or stupid hair comments people makeWhat do you consider a rude or stupid comment?

Morrighan
February 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Even though the link was deleted, I know what forum and thread the OP was talking about. I would never post there as it's not for me, but I thought I would still enjoy browsing their site. I was wrong. I'm never going there again.

They may not have many threads about this site, but they do have a lot of threads about the main subject of that topic... White people with long hair and how disgusting we are. This site has a lot of white people with long hair here.

enfys
February 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Some people on there defended this site too and said they have idols here.

People have different veiws on everything, even "long hair forum a" compared to "long hair forum b". That's why they post there not here. Not to mention that many may post on both sites under different usernames.

vdhendrix
February 12th, 2010, 11:17 AM
What do you consider a rude or stupid comment?

i was talking about other threads on here like this one
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=26513&highlight=hair+comments

Prism
February 12th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Some people on there defended this site too and said they have idols here.

Yeah, I just saw that, too. The post was pretty easy to find with all of the info given here. I expected it to be worse than it was. The original poster was the worst, but the rest were just talking about how long they want THEIR hair. I think we've all got opinions on how long we want to grow for whatever reason. Several said they see lots of beautiful hair here. I agree. I think we'd all be dishonest if we said we haven't seen some photos of long hair that make us wince because it's long but anything but healthy. So... eh...I have no problem with anybody's opinion. It's just theirs. If someone wants to grow 5 hairs on his otherwise bald head and do a serious combover to his waist, then go for it.

Roseate
February 12th, 2010, 12:09 PM
If someone wants to grow 5 hairs on his otherwise bald head and do a serious combover to his waist, then go for it.

Now that I want to see! Waist-length combover sounds pretty awesome to me. :D

He'd have trouble anchoring buns, though... no scalp hair!

Don't mind me, just enjoying the mental picture I have of this. Thanks for the laugh!:p

clichepithet
February 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM
*pets kitty currently in her lap*. Ah, yes, I don't really care. I just wanted to comment how I was looking forward to walking a mile to pick up my kid from school while wearing my infant in her (Moby style) wrap. Also, when we get home, I will offer my child a banana, as the only granola we have right now has pecans 'n she's not a fan.

Chrissy
February 12th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Let's not turn this into a racial discussion. I think it's best that this thread just die. We are happy here. We have people of color on this site too who love long hair. I just think it's a difference of opinion. I would encourage all of you to not go there and find something to be mad about. Just my two cents.:trainwreck: (Let's not have one.)

FrannyG
February 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM
It was one discussion. Out of the entire discussion there were only one or two people making untoward remarks.

I would never judge an entire forum based on the remarks of a handful or less of people.

I've seen remarks made here that I didn't agree with or want to be associated with.

Lastly, I do not detect the green-eyed monster, which so many like to blame with ease. Everyone has different preferences, even on this board.

Morrighan
February 12th, 2010, 01:06 PM
You're right. White peoples hair being disgusting is just an opinion. But everyone knows if the roles were reversed it wouldn't be passed off as just someones opinion to respect and/or pretend it doesn't exist.

ETA: I realize most people reading this thread will probably only see this one discussion on that board, but I've seen a lot more. I don't remember if it was this thread or another, but on one thread one of our members was a major topic of conversation, in a negative way. So this may be why I'm comming across as a bit hostile, though it's not the only reason.

Sheltie_Momma
February 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM
You take the high road and I'll take the high road and we'll have long hair in the mornin'....

Jordan S.
February 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Oh yeah I saw this thread. I am "technically" a member there before but they require you to pay $6 to even post new topics and reply to topics, so im really not much of a "member" at all . :confused: whatever lol.

I like this forum. :cool:

FrannyG
February 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I don't think we need to bash any forums. As I said earlier, there have been threads on this board that I have not been proud of. Just forget about it.

Tresses
February 12th, 2010, 02:09 PM
FWIW, I just read a very complimentary thread about LHC over there, from 2008. :)

bronze_rapunzel
February 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Hiya, member of both forums checking in... as you can see I haven't really posted here but have lurked.

Please don't think that the forum is dedicated to bashing white women with long hair, it's not true! There have been only a precious few negative comments toward this board over there, and those people have been told about themselves.

We are all ladies who love long hair, let's celebrate our shared passion (obsession in my case, lol).

FrannyG
February 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hiya, member of both forums checking in... as you can see I haven't really posted here but have lurked.

Please don't think that the forum is dedicated to bashing white women with long hair, it's not true! There have been only a precious few negative comments toward this board over there, and those people have been told about themselves.

We are all ladies who love long hair, let's celebrate our shared passion (obsession in my case, lol).

Hear, hear!!!!! :applause

and :blossom:

xoxophelia
February 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I think I also know of the forum in question. And, when I did a search I found a whole lot of positive things. Far more than anything negative. So you might have the few who disagree but not the whole.

There was another thread of here where a girl said that sometimes women of her race (black women), find long hair on caucasians to be gross. I don't remember the reasons but it could just have something to do with that for the rare few of them.

bronze_rapunzel
February 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Hear, hear!!!!! :applause

and :blossom:

Awww... thanks! I think any forum has its members that are a bit rude, small-minded or just plain mean. But most of us (referring to humanity in general) are nice folks.

Carolyn
February 12th, 2010, 02:58 PM
*Giggles* I :google: and found the forum and thread in question. Now they are talked about us talking about them :p I don't really care what others on other forums say. If waist length is too long for someone, they shouldn't grow it that long. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. Just do what YOU want and don't worry what others do. The first post was really the only nasty one. I had to laugh over the comments about lots of LHCers liking cats and hair sticks :D There are some doggie people here but I guess that wasn't noted :rolleyes:

FrannyG
February 12th, 2010, 03:09 PM
*Giggles* I :google: and found the forum and thread in question. Now they are talked about us talking about them :p I don't really care what others on other forums say. If waist length is too long for someone, they shouldn't grow it that long. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. Just do what YOU want and don't worry what others do. The first post was really the only nasty one. I had to laugh over the comments about lots of LHCers liking cats and hair sticks :D There are some doggie people here but I guess that wasn't noted :rolleyes:

:stirpot:..

xoxophelia
February 12th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm a dog person and not a cat person :).. Prefer breeds like border collies, huskies, etc.

pinchbeck
February 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
i was talking about other threads on here like this one
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=26513&highlight=hair+commentsOh, you are referring to people saying rude things about our hair outside of this forum (this happens a lot to me). I thought you were referring to things people have said on here and I was curious to read over those comments.

Anywhere
February 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Everyone has their preferences. :shrug:
Some people don't like the way different hair types look long. All in the preference. You can't please all of the people all of the time. I thought it was sweet how bronze_rapunzeltook the time to post here. :flower:

Flaxen
February 12th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I have visited that forum, many times, and they are a lovely, supportive group of people, just like we are. I think we can close out this discussion. :flower: