PDA

View Full Version : LHC-ers, I just gave myself the fright of my life!

freckles
February 12th, 2010, 06:24 AM
So, it's wash day. I started late in the day and jumped into the shower at around noon. I decided on a whim to try a CO wash (I'm normally a C-W-C girl). So I thoroughly washed my hair, and I shaved while I was in there, too. All seemed to be going pretty normally.

I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in my towel. I put my glasses back on and started to dry myself. I looked down, and I got the fright of my life.

Hundreds and hundreds of one-inch pieces of red hair all over my breasts and abdomen. I looked in the mirror. More on my face. On my shoulders. On EVERYWHERE.

Well, LHC-ers, what would you have done? I just about had a heart attack. I didn't know what could have happened. Did the CO cause my hair to break off? Was I shedding baby hairs? Had I slipped with my razor while shaving my armpits and shaved an inch off my hair? None of these options were at all comforting.

I looked more closely at the hairs.
They seemed a little too red.
They seemed a little too neat, too.

I looked at the hairs. I looked at the towel. I looked at the hairs again. And it all slotted into place.

Yesterday, I trimmed my friend's hair for him. Being in a student house and not really having the equipment for a salon-setup, I'd thrown my towel down to protect my carpet. And promptly forgotton about it. This morning, running late, jumping into the shower, I'd picked up the same towel.

LHC-ers, are you making the connection now?

I feel like a damned fool! You would not believe the relief that swept over me when I made the bloody simple connection :D My heart slowed down a LOT. I rinsed off the hair I could, found a new towel, and straight away jumped on LHC to tell you all about it. Obsessed? Not I.

I am making myself laugh now. I hope I make some of you laugh too. :D

Dreams_in_Pink
February 12th, 2010, 06:28 AM
i didn't laugh, actually i was kinda frightened too :( i'm more than glad it's not your own hair :D

curlylocks85
February 12th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I am glad your fright had a positive outcome. I would have reacted the same way. Thank goodness your hair is all there. :cheese:

enfys
February 12th, 2010, 06:37 AM
So it's not just me who's done that? It didn't take me long to guess since I've done the same with remnants of DH's hair. Icky.

I'm glad you figured it out!

Carolyn
February 12th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Oh my :shocked: that would have scared the crap out of me too. I'm glad you figured out that it wasn't your own hair. I took a small chunk of hair off shaving under my arms once and I'm more careful about that now.

Tangerine
February 12th, 2010, 07:01 AM
:rollin: I can imagine you are laughing now ha ha - but that it was a bit of a fright before you figured it out!!
I'm laughing with you :laugh: :D

MandaMom2Three
February 12th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I get covered in hair EVERYTIME I dry off, the cats always break into the linen closet and sleep on the towels :rolleyes:

enfys
February 12th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Oh my :shocked: that would have scared the crap out of me too. I'm glad you figured out that it wasn't your own hair. I took a small chunk of hair off shaving under my arms once and I'm more careful about that now.

I've always had a fear of that and this does not help me at all. I try any keep something in the bathroom to put my hair up with though. Yikes!

halo_tightens
February 12th, 2010, 07:56 AM
What a tale! You had me all in suspense, lol!

Truthfully, I would have been having a royal panic fit too, so I hope you don't feel too silly. Isn't that the LHC'er's nightmare-- that hair will just randomly start disintegrating for no reason?

Yes indeed... I might have had a heart attack. :D

Gothic Lolita
February 12th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Wow, if that had been me, I'd probably screemed for my mom to look at "all my hair coming off"! My, I'd be scared to dead... Glad that this definitely wasn't your hair!

Copasetic
February 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Wow, I would have had a mild panic attack if that had happened to me. Good thing it turned out to be a funny mix up :D

Stevy
February 12th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Hee! Thank you, I really needed a laugh this afternoon.

lora410
February 12th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I knew before you said it they were on the towel. This happened to me before..lol

Airisuu
February 12th, 2010, 09:34 AM
You actually made my breath catch until I read that it came from your towel! I'm so glad it wasn't your hair :D (As, I'm sure, are you!)

Kaijah
February 12th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I swear I just did this same thing last week! It was my dad's hair I cut, and then I unthinkingly hung the towel up downstairs with out washing it... I had a split second of pure, unadulterated horror.

I will remember to wash hair cut towels, and put my glasses on before toweling off now.

SeaShell
February 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM
that scared me too...I'm glad you figured it out :)

rags
February 12th, 2010, 11:10 AM
You gave me a fright just reading it! :rollin: So glad it wasn't your hair!

JenniferNoel
February 12th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I would have had a panic attack, probably go in to some kind of state of shock for at least a day.
Glad to hear it wasn't your hair!
Sometimes we need these little frights to truly, genuinely understand the value of things we love (by this I mean hair).
:cheese:

Little_Bird
February 12th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Gosh, you even frightened me! Thank goodness it wasn't what you tought it was... I don't blame you, I would have gone crazy twice!

It's nice of you to trim your friends' hair. I do that a lot too, ain't it funny and cute? :)

Quixii
February 12th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Omigod, I started feeling panicky just reading your story! Goodness!
Well, glad you figured it out before you had a heart attack. :D

little_acorn
February 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I'm laughing with you :D, would have given me a bit of a scare too!

Sheltie_Momma
February 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Great story telling, I'm glad it wasn't real. One time I was getting my son ready for his bath and I took his sock off and his foot was covered in bloody gashes (I thought) - I freaked out but then figured out it was just fuzz from the inside of his house shoes. DOH, I felt so silly.

Dementia1013
February 12th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Oh my!! I would've panicked too! lol. I'm just glad it didn't turn out to be your hair. :D

little_cherry
February 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Whoa! I'm glad it wasn't your hair....I've actually done this a loong time ago. :P

curlycrown
February 12th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Wow this sounds like a bad dream! Im glad it wasnt your hair.

Milui Elenath
February 12th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Your post is such a well written story. By then end I was laughing with tears coming out of my eyes from the relief and humour! :D

Tressie
February 12th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Golly! I would have freaked out too! I'm just glad your horror story had a happy ending! I was afraid you were going to say you had accidentally grabbed something other than conditioner and, whew, I'm glad it was a simpler explanation!! (o: LOL!!

embee
February 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Woof! What a fright that must have been, I cannot quite imagine - since I don't trim anybody's hair it *would* have been mine! ;)

Glad you're ok.

Rhiannon7
February 13th, 2010, 01:13 AM
For a few moments there i was scared for you. You see it happened to me, the hair disintegrating thing. yep. way back when i was in my twenties (like 18 years ago) i allowed a student stylist to perm my hair 4 days after bleaching and coloring my hair light golden blonde. well all was fine until 2 days later, i jumped in the shower and washed and condish as normal, when i started combing my hair wet to detangle it came right off my head! i actually screamed bloody murder when i saw my pretty, blonde waist length hair completely disintegrate in my hands. since then i stopped bleaching, perming and after having to cut my hair from waist to pixie i have cared for it extremely. but i did cry my eyes out for days after that incident. so i completely understand you freaking out.

AnitaThorn
February 13th, 2010, 01:48 AM
I'd either scare myself silly or I'd think it was dog hair! There's dog hair EVERYWHERE in my house. :p Glad to hear it wasn't anything to worry about, though!

natt i nord
February 13th, 2010, 05:08 AM
I firstly was completely shocked, and started to laugh suddenly when I realized that the hair wasn't yours. I even scared the cat here sleeping on my knees... :D

Glad it wasn't your own hair, I think I can imagine what your reaction was ;)

Sammich
February 13th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Ahaha, I've actually had this to me... :D ^_^
That's hillarious, thank god it wasn't your hair! *Hug*

freckles
February 15th, 2010, 12:57 AM
thanks everyone for the responses :) I hope I made some of you laugh :)

ArienEllariel
February 15th, 2010, 01:33 AM
oh my gosh, I would have nearly died of fright too! Thank goodness it wasn't your hair! I think one of my worst nightmares would be washing my hair and having it break off and fall out while rinsing.

merryhair
February 15th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Oh my my..that's a scary story. So glad it's not your hair!:) I kinda freaked out first.

Angela_Rose
February 15th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I've done something similar- Dad cleaned up his beard and left the towel from the process on the sink. I washed my hands and then dried them on said towel and flipped out when I realised my hands were covered in short, almost curly, thick, coarse black hairs! My first thought was *not* 'beard hairs!'

curlycrown
February 17th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I've done something similar- Dad cleaned up his beard and left the towel from the process on the sink. I washed my hands and then dried them on said towel and flipped out when I realised my hands were covered in short, almost curly, thick, coarse black hairs! My first thought was *not* 'beard hairs!'

Lol! This made me laugh out loud in the library! now half of the room is looking at me!

dearladydisdain
February 17th, 2010, 01:11 PM
:laugh: That's pretty funny. I would have FREAKED out! Glad it had a happy ending. :lol:

zen_oven
February 17th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Oh my God, that would have scared the crap out of me too! You poor thing!

I'm glad it didn't turn out to be your hair!

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Wow, I'd be pretty scared too!! :eek: Glad to hear it was nothing serious! ;)