PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with my hair? Me?!

elina333
February 12th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Haha I just have to tell you something that happened last night... :D My DBF and I were getting ready for bed after taking a long nice bath. We were supposed to have a little "quality time" and I was just gonna brush my teeth and then join him in bed :cheese:

But oh no! I started looking at my hair and after ten minutes I ran out of the bathroom, through the bedroom (where my now slightly startled DBF was waiting patiently) and into the living room. I had found splits so I just HAD to get the scissors and S&D! Just a little bit... :whistle:

I got the scissors and walked back in to the bathroom and sat down, starting my mission. After 30 minutes or so my boyfriend asked what I was doing and I just replied "Im looking at my hair". He didnt respond... :hmm:

I was prob in there for at least an hour and when I finally came out he was asleep... I laughed to myself and thought "Oh my, maybe this is starting to go a little overboard..." :p

Peter
February 12th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I think this is one of the best hair obsession stories I've read on LHC. :laugh:

spidermom
February 12th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Oh funny! Yup, that's a little overboard.

redneckprincess
February 12th, 2010, 07:48 AM
i no longer feel alone on this matter, lol thanks for sharing ☺

FrannyG
February 12th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Oh dear. :? Perhaps your newfound enthusiasm will wear off a bit. I think many of us obsessed more when we first joined LHC.

For the sake of your love life, try to ignore the splits unless you're alone. :p

BelleBot
February 12th, 2010, 08:31 AM
That sounds so familiar. :laugh:

SunshineHair
February 12th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Ohhh that made me laugh!!! And yet, I feel like I am looking in the mirror..so to speak:D

kmoc123
February 12th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I am obsessed with mine as well...

littlemoon
February 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM
too cute! I hope you were able to explain it in the morning :D
and I know that I always get an eye roll from my DBF whenever he's talking and looks over at me and I'm crosseyed, S&Ding my bangs. I think, I'm still listening! can't I care for my hair and listen to you at the same time!

GoddesJourney
February 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Uh, yeah, I've done that. It's okay, he has a stupid soccer forum that he posts on so as much as he likes to make fun of me for liking hair... Well, to put it bluntly, his teams forum doesn't make him play soccer any better, but my hair is looking wonderful. Proofs in the pudding...

Kris Dove
February 12th, 2010, 10:41 AM
My fiance has said I'm obsessed with my hair these days as well! He finds it amusing.

Honestwitness
February 12th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I think anyone who frequents this forum is hair-obsessed. Your story, though, is pretty funny.

I've let hubby fall asleep quite often while waiting, too, only I'm obsessed with crocheting hats. That started because of my now-APL hair and posts I read on this forum about protecting long hair in winter.

Just add a little extra sizzle next time you give him some "quality time." Guilt is a powerful motivator.

rogue_psyche
February 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM
My boyfriend would be very sad if I did that to him. I know because of his reaction when I told him I'd be sleeping with henna on. I felt pretty bad though.

sibiryachka
February 12th, 2010, 12:26 PM
It took my DBF months to figure out that when he's driving and I get that vacant, crosseyed look I'm actually checking out my ends, not his, ahem, lap.

cellardoor
February 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM
haha this sounds very familiar. I would say I spend at least 50% of my work day doing this. It's so hard to stop once you start!

Rusalka
February 12th, 2010, 01:01 PM
My boyfriend would be very sad if I did that to him. I know because of his reaction when I told him I'd be sleeping with henna on. I felt pretty bad though.
Hahaha I had to take out my henna early last time because I got that puppy dog look from mine about not being able to play with my hair while cuddling :)

The S&D mission story was priceless. I get all sorts of worried looks when I am trying to bend over sideways/backwards/etc. to try and reach my too short hair and handle the splits, hehehe

yellowchariot
February 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Haha I just have to tell you something that happened last night... :D My DBF and I were getting ready for bed after taking a long nice bath. We were supposed to have a little "quality time" and I was just gonna brush my teeth and then join him in bed :cheese:

But oh no! I started looking at my hair and after ten minutes I ran out of the bathroom, through the bedroom (where my now slightly startled DBF was waiting patiently) and into the living room. I had found splits so I just HAD to get the scissors and S&D! Just a little bit... :whistle:

I got the scissors and walked back in to the bathroom and sat down, starting my mission. After 30 minutes or so my boyfriend asked what I was doing and I just replied "Im looking at my hair". He didnt respond... :hmm:

I was prob in there for at least an hour and when I finally came out he was asleep... I laughed to myself and thought "Oh my, maybe this is starting to go a little overboard..." :p

^ LOL that's a good one! Poor guy!
I'm not obsessed with hair, but that was true dedication on your part! :D I could only imagine what he was thinking.

camirra555
February 12th, 2010, 06:06 PM
That's pretty funny! Thanks for sharing

Straightcurl
February 12th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I am obsessed with my hair. Its our own fabric that we can style: our own making. Hair really does give you character (how its styled). Just like when they look at your shoes: like saying, "You can tell a lot about a man by looking at his shoes".

SpinDance
February 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM
That is just too funny! I wonder how often my DH has fallen asleep while I'm putting oil in my hair since I've found LHC.... lol

TiaKitty
February 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Don't run with scissors!!!

I like your story. I've done that to my Sweetie more than once!

starlights
February 15th, 2010, 10:03 AM
its so good you look after your hair, i have to admit im a little like you... once i pick up those scissors and see splits, thats it, for 1 hour im sitting cutting the buggers off, lol
as long as he doesnt get annoyed and you keep the balance on keeping him happy too its all ok :)

merryhair
February 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hahah that's a funny story. I'm obsessed too just a little bit.;)

jera
February 16th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Hahaha ! But this is LHC. Of course you didn't go overboard. :p

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hahaha, aww...poor DBF. :p