PDA

View Full Version : More comfortable braid tip.

Hairbear
February 12th, 2010, 03:30 AM
I just discovered this after only about 5 years of regular braiding! Doh!

I was always troubled with areas where the hair was pulling. Very uncomfortable. Last week I discovered that if I tip my head back at the start of the braid and snug the first few turns in tightly I don't get the discomfort. In the past I have always tipped my head forwards to get a decent view in the mirror.

Just thought I would share that. Hopefully will be of some help to someone.

Arctic
February 12th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Great tip, I'll need to try it! I couldn't look in the mirror while braiding, I would get confused, lol! My best tip is to detangle as you go.

spidermom
February 12th, 2010, 07:27 AM
What causes pain for me is a few hairs picked up out of turn. Yowwee!

Suze334
February 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah- this really works- thanks! :)

yellowchariot
February 12th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I just discovered this after only about 5 years of regular braiding! Doh!

I was always troubled with areas where the hair was pulling. Very uncomfortable. Last week I discovered that if I tip my head back at the start of the braid and snug the first few turns in tightly I don't get the discomfort. In the past I have always tipped my head forwards to get a decent view in the mirror.

Just thought I would share that. Hopefully will be of some help to someone.

^ Thanks for that tip Hairbear, I'll have to try it tonight.

What causes pain for me is a few hairs picked up out of turn. Yowwee!

^ spidermom I agreed as well. I have to watch my sections and make sure I'm not picking anything up, that to to far down, if so, I used a comb to gently place them back down on my scalp.

elliebean184
February 12th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I'll have to try that!
I tend to braid too tightly at the nape of my neck before bed and wake up with a crick in my neck!!! gaaah- it drives me crazy!