PDA

View Full Version : how my hair is doing

omgkfclolz
February 11th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I haven't posted on in a while. It's february so that makes it 3 months since i've been posting pics on here regularly. I started wanting to grow my hair out in late october, basically november. So my hair has grown at the normal rate of 1/2 inches a month (even though i got a trim in the back, and the sides, but not the bangs--2 weeks ago)-which was more of a dead-end trim. The back of my hair was cut big time (2 inches) but i want all my hair to grow and be at the same length, having long back hair, but the rest not grown out would look trashy and really redneck.

so here's me now..
http://i49.tinypic.com/2vvueqs.jpg

And what i'm trying to achieve
http://tinypic.com/r/ie1oau/6

Also...i straighten my hair every day. if i don't i'm not satisfied with myself, i walk around feeling like i need to get back home and do it. So far i've been straightening my hair every day for the past month...

I also used cheap conditioner, and even though i'd stand under the shower for 15 minutes trying to wash just it out---i'd eventually have greasy hair... Last night i bought conditioner that was 6 dollars and it ended working perfectly fine. Is conditioner needed/recommended to grow longer hair? And if so, why?

curlylocks85
February 12th, 2010, 06:44 AM
I haven't posted on in a while. It's february so that makes it 3 months since i've been posting pics on here regularly. I started wanting to grow my hair out in late october, basically november. So my hair has grown at the normal rate of 1/2 inches a month (even though i got a trim in the back, and the sides, but not the bangs--2 weeks ago)-which was more of a dead-end trim. The back of my hair was cut big time (2 inches) but i want all my hair to grow and be at the same length, having long back hair, but the rest not grown out would look trashy and really redneck.

so here's me now..
http://i49.tinypic.com/2vvueqs.jpg

And what i'm trying to achieve
http://tinypic.com/r/ie1oau/6

Also...i straighten my hair every day. if i don't i'm not satisfied with myself, i walk around feeling like i need to get back home and do it. So far i've been straightening my hair every day for the past month...

I also used cheap conditioner, and even though i'd stand under the shower for 15 minutes trying to wash just it out---i'd eventually have greasy hair... Last night i bought conditioner that was 6 dollars and it ended working perfectly fine. Is conditioner needed/recommended to grow longer hair? And if so, why?

You look very cute in your photo. I think what you are trying to achieve will look great on you.

If you flat ironing makes, you feel good about yourself than that is what you should do. Just be aware of the damage flat irons can cause.

I do not think conditioner is needed if your hair is not dry and brittle. I use it because of these reasons. I need all the moisture I can get. You said

If your hair is greasy after using conditioner then you probably do not need it. Some hair types do not it is just a matter of what your hair likes and does not like.

Good luck on your goal. :)

sarahramen
February 16th, 2010, 06:31 PM
well even though it is bad for your hair if it makes you feel good about yourself... maybe use a good heat protectant spray? ive always noticed that if i dont use conditioner for a few weeks my hair gets brittle and snaps off, therefor keeping it shorter, but thats me. maybe for you its different.

spidermom
February 16th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Your goal length isn't very long, so I wouldn't worry about the flat-ironing. One suggestion about conditioner: If it leaves your hair too greasy, you can try applying it before you wash instead of after. It helps. I do this sometimes in the summer.

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I agree that if your goal length isn't super-long, then flat ironing shouldn't really affect your hair negatively (the issue is usually with those wanting really really long hair, and not realizing that older, longer hair is more brittle and that it can cause damage when heat is abused). You seem to be off to a good start, as far as getting to your goal. Just keep trimming the back until the front catches up, is all I can offer. And unless your hair is really dry and you're unhappy with that, you shouldn't *NEED* conditioner. Just do what you think is best. :)