PDA

View Full Version : A disadvantage of "groups" instead of threads

icydove
March 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but it doesn't appear that the "social groups" are searchable. That could be a major disadvantage of moving what used to be thread content to a social group discussion.

nappywomyn
March 10th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Plus, you can't edit and you can't quote. :(

squiggyflop
March 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM
yes i find that a few of the newer features arent as good... howver im sure that once everything is sorted out everything will be nice. i dont like the idea of groups instead of threads because anyone could ask members of a group a question before now i think you have to join the group

Jennifer
March 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
The groups aren't meant to totally replace the regular board threads. It's just nice to have a cozy little place to chit-chat with individuals with common interests. They are easy to join and leave though and are totally optional! :)

Delila
March 10th, 2008, 01:26 PM
The 'conversation' feature is nice, though. Have you played around with that?? If you comment in someone's Public Profile page and they leave one in yours, you can click 'View Conversation' to view your comments together.

I'm still not sure how it works, or in how many different settings that it works, but it does look handy.