PDA

View Full Version : GoddesJourney's Scalp Massage Method

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM
In response to seeing questions about scalp massages over time, I decided to write an article about it under hair care.

Here's the link:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=172

Let me know if you have any questions so I can address them.

cmnt831
February 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Reading through it, it makes sense to me. I'll have to try it this evening and see if I've got any questions for you.

Squeaky
February 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Ahh, scalp massage. :p I am also a massage therapist, and all I need to put me to sleep is a face and scalp massage! Good job describing how to do it in your article, because I can't. Hehe.

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Ahh, scalp massage. :p I am also a massage therapist, and all I need to put me to sleep is a face and scalp massage! Good job describing how to do it in your article, because I can't. Hehe.

The centipede can't tell you how he walks, but he can sure do it.

yellowchariot
February 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I am such a huge sucker for scalp messages, even if they do use fingers nails :cheese:! I would get my g/f at the time to give me a head message just so I could fall asleep! Also when she first tried braiding on my head, she finish up, and tell me that she was done. I would be half asleep, and she'd say again "I'm done, wake up!" Then I'll tell her just keep braiding! LOL :D

angelthadiva
February 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Where are you? I think you need to come show me ;)

Good job :flower:

Qadupae
February 11th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Thank you so much for this article GoddesJourney! I wonder, would this also be a good method for spreading warm oil throughout your scalp in a relaxing manner before going to bed? I've always wondered that a hot oil treatment with scalp massage before bed would feel heavenly ^_^

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Thank you so much for this article GoddesJourney! I wonder, would this also be a good method for spreading warm oil throughout your scalp in a relaxing manner before going to bed? I've always wondered that a hot oil treatment with scalp massage before bed would feel heavenly ^_^

That most certainly would be. If you get a scalp massage at a spa or something, they will most likely use an overpriced oil. It feels great, though. Be sure to put a towel down on your pillow if you're going to do this.

sarahramen
February 16th, 2010, 06:48 PM
thank you, and i am looking forward to the pictures

keepmyhair
November 20th, 2010, 09:47 AM
In response to seeing questions about scalp massages over time, I decided to write an article about it under hair care.

Here's the link:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=172

Let me know if you have any questions so I can address them.

Thank you very much for this article. I am going to try this method today.

smileycat
November 20th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I owe you thanks, too, GoddesJourney. I've been following your instructions for about three months now, both with and without a light scalp oiling, and it sure does feel great!

Fairlight63
November 20th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Thank you for the article! I used to stand & bend over at the waist & massage my scalp, but as my hair is getting longer that isn't working out so well, I wind up with a tangled mess of hair. But laying down I don't have that problem. I even do it if I wake up in the middle of the night & can't go back to sleep.