PDA

View Full Version : Chlorine and freshly dyed hair...

morguebabe
February 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM
OK so I dyed my hair Sunday.. let it set and havent washed it since then. I just washed it today...and now I'm to to hang out with my friends at a hotel in AC that has a pool. I got an underwater camera for CHristmas, and everyone wants me to bring it....
how terrible would this be for my hair. Im thinking of just letting them play with it. Because if i get chlorine on it, I'm going to have to wash it again...
Talk me out of going in the pool!

teela1978
February 11th, 2010, 10:26 AM
My personal theory, is that long hair should not interfere with me having fun and enjoying myself. If I want to go swimming, then I go and my hair gets an extra washing. When I was dying my hair, I never found the pool to be particularly color leeching. I now swim 1-2x per week, but with a swim-cap. I'm guessing you probably don't want to be wearing a swim cap around your friends (although the vintage-looking ones can be pretty neato).

I say go, have fun, take some cool underwater mermaid-hair pictures, and maybe coat your hair in coconut oil before hopping in :)

morguebabe
February 11th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I wouldnt mind the swim cap if I had one...but I kinda want a cool mermaid photo. I'm just more nervous about the extra washing being color leeching.
I guess I can heavily coat it in coconut or almond oil and just say meh...

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I agree. Heavy coconut oiling first. Wet it with non-chlorine water second. Jump in pool and have fun all day third. Rinse with clean water for awhile and then maybe CO?...fourth.