PDA

View Full Version : One month anniversary, hair compliment and hair petting

cmnt831
February 11th, 2010, 09:14 AM
So, tomorrow is my one month anniversary and I cannot believe the change my hair has gone through since being here. I don't have any before pictures (and now I wish I did) because I always just pulled my hair back and up to keep people from seeing it's amazing resemblance to a rat's nest. I would comb the life out of it, snagging and tearing through it's snarls, never used conditioner or oil and just pretty much ignored it except for when I was mad at it. Of course, it hated me in return. The only good things I did was keep it up all the time and wash it once a week with all-natural shampoo. I was on the verge of cutting it off when I ran across this site looking for help for my husband's hair.

To cut this a bit shorter, I just want to say how very very grateful I am to all of you for your wonderful advice so generously shared. My hair has never looked like it does today ever in my life.

So, while I was at the dentist yesterday, my hygienist commented on how long my hair was since she'd seen me in the summer. I reminded her that I always wore it up anyway, so she might not have seen it at full length then. Later, after the appointment, as she was saying good bye, she patted my back (and hair) and said my hair was so pretty. That made my day, of course. Then, as if that wasn't enough, she gently grabbed my hair as though she was going to make a ponytail and ran her hands along the length. I was not skeeved out, like I thought I would be; but, then this woman has a history of putting her hands in my mouth, so.... Anyway, that's when it hit me that my hair has changed so much since I've been here. It's soft and shiny and happy. :D No one would have dared touched my hair before, because it looked so untouchable to say the least.

Thanks for reading this, I know it's long. And thanks again :flower: I can't say it enough.

Here's how I was wearing it yesterday:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4807&pictureid=63367

lapushka
February 11th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Nice. I like the way it coils when pulled back! Happy growing. :thumbsup:

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Well, congratulations! I'm glad you're finally taking care of those spiral curls and even more glad that you're so happy with it. Keep it up and it will only get better.

chaoticwaves
February 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Wow, your hair is looking so beautiful and healthy!

praia98
February 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Beautiful coils :) I got some nice hair comments and two friends recently did the hair petting thing LOL all thanks to the wonderful info. I have received on these boards :)

cmnt831
February 11th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Lapuska, GoddesJourney, chaoticwaves: Thanks! :flower:

cmnt831
February 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
praia98: Thanks! :flower: It's so good to hear nice things about your hair. And yes, all the credit has to go to the great advice I got here. :D

JamieLeigh
February 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Congrats on the hair compliment! :) Your curls are gorgeous.

cmnt831
February 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks, JamieLeigh! :flower:

Beaglebuddy
February 11th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Your hair looks really beautiful in that picture. I think your dark hair is so striking with the greys showing through too. (Hope you don't mind me saying that about your greys!)

cmnt831
February 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Beaglebuddy! :flower: Of course, I don't mind you mentioning my grays. I like the way they twirl and swirl through my curls. :D

sarahramen
February 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM
yay for you, keep up the good work

countryhopper
February 16th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I LOVE THE GREYS!!! and the coils, too, of course. It's just like natural highlights!

cmnt831
February 17th, 2010, 06:43 AM
yay for you, keep up the good work

Thanks! :flower:

I LOVE THE GREYS!!! and the coils, too, of course. It's just like natural highlights!

Thanks! I think of them as natural highlights, too. :D

(My first multi-quote, thanks to a certain thread on the Friendship board that I've been lurking on :joy:).

Pixna
February 17th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Your coils and color are GORGEOUS!!! I love the photo with your hair in the barrette -- VERY attractive. You are doing a fantastic job with your hair -- it truly DOES deserve to be touched and complimented!

cmnt831
February 17th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks, pixna! :flower:

funnyface
February 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
your coils are amazing! Have real hair curl envy!

xxx

cmnt831
February 17th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks, funnyface! :flower: My hair coils on it's own, but I neaten it up a bit for going out. Even after the curls quit being bouncy, or I've combed it out, I find the coils have formed again during the night while I've been sleeping. My hair seems to have a life of it's own. :p

Dreamernz
February 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous hair :) Congrats, keep it up! (not literally, I mean keep the good work up :P) <3

cmnt831
February 17th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous hair :) Congrats, keep it up! (not literally, I mean keep the good work up :P) <3

Ha! Just when I made a pact with my hair to wear it up as often as possible. :p I'm trying to learn updos like what you have in your siggy - it's beautiful - but I need longer hair, I think. Thanks so much on the first comment, though! :flower:

Sammich
February 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
*Pets your hair* :D
It sure is pettable!
Lovely. :)

cmnt831
February 17th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks, Sammich! :flower:

spidermom
February 17th, 2010, 12:22 PM
That looks so pretty.

cmnt831