PDA

View Full Version : Some questions regarding scalp massage...

Dreams_in_Pink
February 11th, 2010, 07:17 AM
1) How long should i keep massaging? How to tell if your scalp's stimulated?
2)Does it matter when you massage it during the day? Is it more beneficial to massage in the morning/afternoon/evening/before going to bed?
3)What kind of tools can be used to massage the scalp?
4) Does combing/scritching stimulate the scalp the way massage does?
5) Would it be beneficial if you hang your head upside-down while massaging?
6) Is there a proper way to do it?
7) Have you noticed obvious results in growth rate after you started massaging?
8 ) Does it matter how many times you should do it? As in, 3 times better than once a day?

a good number of questions that is ^^; TIA :D

cmnt831
February 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I had read a thread on here when I first joined about scalp massage. If I'm remembering correctly (which I may not be) I thought it suggested 3 to 5 minutes or as long as you can comfortably tolerate it.

I just use the pads of my fingers and massage my scalp whenever I remember during the day. Once or twice. It's especially beneficial when I've got a tension headache. :)

I do hang my head upside down if the cat's not in the room with me. :p And afterward, my scalp feels warm and a bit tingly, so I guess that's how I know something's going on.

I don't know if there's been any benefits other than headache relief, yet. But headache relief is always a good enough reason for me. ;)

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Makes no difference when it is. I do it laying in bed before I go to sleep because it feels good and puts me to sleep. I'll post on my blog about it one of these day. I have a pretty good method.

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Here, I wrote an article instead.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=172

Dreams_in_Pink
February 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Thank you both!

Makes no difference when it is. I do it laying in bed before I go to sleep because it feels good and puts me to sleep. I'll post on my blog about it one of these day. I have a pretty good method.

I read your article. I didn't quite get how to massage back of the head while laying down (should my hands lift my head high? )

Another thing: do you think i can use those massage devices/brushes (that have huge rounded teeth) would that increase the intensity of massage?

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I don't know about the second thing, I don't use devices. As for massaging the back of your head, you just slip your hands up under your head while you're laying down. You should be able to get them between your head and pillow or whatever you're laying on. If that doesn't work for you, you can turn your head to the side and do it ones side/hand at a time.