PDA

View Full Version : On snow water rinses

coscass
February 10th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Theoretically, could I gather up a bunch of snow, melt it down (or let it melt itself) and fill jars with them and have "snow rinses" whenever I want? Or does that kind of defeat the purpose?

walterSCAN
February 10th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Well, I should be able to tell you later tonight-- I collected about 2 gallons of snow water earlier this week and kept it in the fridge (not sure why... force of habit I suppose), and I'm going to try another rinse tonight.

I don't think it should defeat the purpose though-- snow water rinses are just a winter version of rain water rinses, and people collect rain water for later use. :shrug:

coscass
February 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Well, I should be able to tell you later tonight-- I collected about 2 gallons of snow water earlier this week and kept it in the fridge (not sure why... force of habit I suppose), and I'm going to try another rinse tonight.

I don't think it should defeat the purpose though-- snow water rinses are just a winter version of rain water rinses, and people collect rain water for later use. :shrug:I'm so pleased to know I'm not the first person who has done this/thought of it. I felt really foolish for a few minutes there after I made this post.

walterSCAN
February 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hehe... I really second guessed myself for a few seconds while reading your post... :wink:

But I think it should be ok, having actually thought through it now!

ETA: Just thought I'd update-- I meant to do it last night. The stored snow water seems to have worked the same!

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Snow water rinsing sounds great to me. It's clean and cold. Perfect. Save up as much clean, untreated potential water as you like. I'm sure it's nothing but good for you and your hair. It doesn't snow where I live.

yellowchariot
February 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Not to discourage anybody on doing this, because it sounds like a great idea. I used to eat snow all of the time, then everybody would tell me, "Don't do that! Do you realize that all of those gasses and pollution from the atmosphere is collected in snow!" I was baffled! I'm not sure if this is just a myth or what. But, I haven't eaten snow in many years.

So what would happen if you put those same harmful substances in your hair?

This may be a stupid quesiton, but I was thinking of this earlier today, when I thought about making a homemade snowcone :D

jera
February 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM
If it's virgin snow, ( ie. untouched or effected by toxins like carbon monixide vehicle emissions) I say it a great way to recycle the damned white stuff and put it to good use. :p

yellowchariot
February 12th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks jera, I think I'll make a snow cone very soon! A MTN Dew snowcone to be exact! :D

little_cherry
February 12th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I'd love to try this but..:

Not to discourage anybody on doing this, because it sounds like a great idea. I used to eat snow all of the time, then everybody would tell me, "Don't do that! Do you realize that all of those gasses and pollution from the atmosphere is collected in snow!" I was baffled! I'm not sure if this is just a myth or what. But, I haven't eaten snow in many years.
I've been advised of this, too! I'm watching this thread :)

This may be a stupid quesiton, but I was thinking of this earlier today, when I thought about making a homemade snowcone :D
Ahh the quote of awesomness! :D I'd make the biggest snowcone if I wasn't paranoid about "all those chemicals"..

Gvnagitlvgei
February 12th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I should market the stuff and make millions this season. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4890

StephanieB
February 12th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Vermonters used to make maple cones (snow cones with maple syrup).

I've done that, even though I'm in NJ.

Longlocks3
February 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Vermonters used to make maple cones (snow cones with maple syrup).

I've done that, even though I'm in NJ.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Sounds soooo good. Too bad it snowed a couple days ago and I don't trust 'old' snow.