PDA

View Full Version : Scalp exercise and hair growth

ChloeDharma
March 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
In some of my many MANY searches on wonder-growth treatments i found some information on scalp exercise for hair growth and wondered what you lot thought.

here's a link to some info on it.....
http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/my_approach.htm

I'm thinking maybe there could be something to this, i mean people use brushing and massage to increase blood circulation in the hope of increasing growth. So i'd be interested on what you all think.

Has anybody tried this and found it did......something? Or, would anybody be interested in trying it as an experiment and reporting back their results? I plan on doing it, but i am also doing other stuff to try and improve my thickness and growth.

Shirlpunzel
March 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the link. I don't know how effective it is, but the ideas behind it(increased circualation, etc) make sense to me. Actually, although I've never stuck to any particular routine, I already do this myself. At least now I know I'm not the only one:blushing:

I can't report any special results, especialy since I also do other things to attempt to help with growth and thickness. All I know is it seems to help, especially when I do it more often ("feels like" more circulation, and I notice that scalp exercises and massage both seem to be beneficial to my hair overall - it's a similar feeling on my scalp after either).

I don't see any way it could hurt, and it's free, so why not? :shrug:
As far as his claim of helping with wrinkles by toning certain facial muscles, that seems logical to me. I'm only 23 though, so I don't guess I can really comment on that part.

alys
March 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I dont know about the brushing but I can add my personal experience with scalp massage. I did an experiment, almost unbeknownst to myself. I did a daily scalp massage, using my finger pads and a mixture of grapeseed/rosemary/lavendar oils, religously for about 3 months. Then, for reasons personal, I stopped. Got too busy with other things. These last fews months of no scalp massage had let me really see the difference. My hair at temples was thicker, overall my hair was thicker and, IMO stronger. Since stopping the massaging my hair has thinned (well back its normal thin self I should say) and I think (think now) that it is grown slower the last 3-4 months of no massage. That I cant swear to, I could be in a no growing phase. But that fact that my hair is thinner without scalp massage w/oils is TRUE and PROVEN, at least for me :)

girlcat36
March 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I was brushjng my scalp with a BBB and massaging with oil every night, but when LHC went down I got neglectful of my routine, and guess what? My shedding doubled! I am now back to my routine.

Minx
March 11th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I'm certainly interested in scalp excerises.

Can anyone recommend good oils for it? I mostly use almond, jojoba or coconut oil.

ChloeDharma
March 11th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I'm certainly interested in scalp excerises.

Can anyone recommend good oils for it? I mostly use almond, jojoba or coconut oil.

You could oil your scalp but don't need to as you are exercising the muscles underneath it as opposed to massaging it etc. The oils you mentioned are all good scalp oils though i've found. You could maybe add things like Rosemary EO if you wanted to add a boost.

nastasska
March 11th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I'm very interested I already do facial exercises and I think they make a difference for the better:)

JKRBeloved
March 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I try to massage my scalp at least a few minutes each day, and before I wash my hair I will massage with oils. Can't give you any quantifiable evidence that it's doing anything, but it makes sense that helping the blood circulation up there can't hurt.

I also enjoy doing facial resistence exercises and massage, using Deborah Crowley's program at flexeffect.com. I can see results with her routine.

nastasska
March 11th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I got interested in Emma Hardies Programme after I saw her on the English series How To Look Ten Years Younger

http://www.emmahardie.com/Default.aspx

jamisonlcloud
March 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Would a massaging brush, such as this be effective with this program?

http://www.morroccomethod.com/brush.shtml

ChloeDharma
March 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Would a massaging brush, such as this be effective with this program?

http://www.morroccomethod.com/brush.shtml

I expect it's great, although brushing and massage are seperate to the exercise idea as its something you do like....internally.....moving the muscles under the scalp, as opposed to doing something to the scalp from the outside.

flaxenforever
April 27th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I think it definitely helps my hair. I use a George Michael Long Hair salon comb. It feels so good on my scalp. Since I have been a member here and done the scalp stimulation and many other healthy things in conjunctino with it, my hair has gotten so shiny.

spidermom
April 27th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I think the place to focus is not on the outside but on the inside. What are your health habits? If you've optimized your exercise, diet and water intake, and sleep/stress relief as well as eliminated bad habits like smoking, drinking, and fretting about situations beyond your control (and who among us has done all that?), then you've got space to consider the niceties like scalp massage.

Rini
April 27th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I had a read through the site and thought it was interesting (especially the part about reducing wrinkles! hehe), but when I clicked to this page: http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_one.htm that shows the inventor of the exercises (Tom Hagerty), I was a bit disappointed that they had Photoshopped his face so much. Not even a good job either :(

Still, I do think scalp exercises would have some merit, much in the same way as massage does. Every little thing you can do to enhance growth!

pdy2kn6
November 28th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I never know how exactly to properly scalp massage, do you keep your pads in one spot then move the skin against your scalp, (and then repeat this all over your head), or do you just must your pads gliding over your head (not moving the skin between your hair and your scalp??

I used to do the latter, but then noticed it caused me to shed more straight after I did it

ZenBird07
November 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
All it is -blood circulation to scalp area- Accomplished in different ways but the goal is the same. More stimulation = more blood flow. This has the general benefit to some, of increased hair growth... Oils/butters are generally used as a lubricant but some herbs or flowers such as Ylang Ylang can enhance growth further for some. I've heard of members mentioning caffeine being directly applied to the scalp as adding benefit as well... And for hair thickening the ingestion of gelatin...HTH:)

Opal25
November 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Funnily enough I do scalp exercises from time to time & prefer it to the more hands on approach (scalp massages).

hmmm
November 29th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Don't all people who oil their hair do scalp massages? I thought that was what you were -supposed- to do with pre-wash oiling. Maybe it's a cultural thing...

Kris Dove
November 29th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Don't all people who oil their hair do scalp massages? I thought that was what you were -supposed- to do with pre-wash oiling. Maybe it's a cultural thing...Nope- I just do the ends when I oil as my scalp is oily so I don't want it anymore oil anywhere near my scalp.