PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm going blonde...

BelleBot
February 10th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I'm currently in the process of applying Colour B4 to my hair (from Boots). It's a colour remover, I believe the UK's equivalent to ColourOops.

So far it's the same colour when wet as it was when dry, so something must be happening. There's 7 years worth of box dyes to eat through, so I'm guessing underneath I'll be strawberry blonde from all the peroxide my hair will have been exposed to, my natural colour is dark blonde.

Of course, remnants of henna (not that my attempts ever left any colour) and remnants of pink can't be removed, just chemical box dyes. Hoping to get rid of the dark chocolate semi that's still lingering. Plus all the reds/blacks/purples/browns of previous years. :p

Though I got a slight tingly sensation at the back of my neck when I was applying stuff. Turned round to have a look in case I was having a reaction and to my horror my neck was bright pink/red! Then I realised that was just the colour of my towel wrapped round my neck, and the itching was from the label. Doh!

Not only might this stuff turn my hair blonde again, I think it's turning me into a "dumb blonde" oh dear!shudder: Hehe.

xoxophelia
February 10th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Good luck! Will you post after pics and any other steps you do?

spidermom
February 10th, 2010, 02:28 PM
This is beyond experimentation; you're crossing into full scale research. I'm sure all the color-change fans will want to know the details, so document-document-document. (and bushel baskets of good luck!)

Belisarius
February 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, good luck. I want to see pics too.

FrannyG
February 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I'm dying to hear how this all plays out!!!! I'm staying tuned for any and all developments. :drama: Keep us posted.

I hope it goes well for you. :flowers:

Nanni
February 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Wow, I guess this will take several attempts of bleach to get rid of all that red. Try not to do them all at once and moisturize in between treatments.
I tried to go blond once (6 years) and went for 3 rounds of bleach in one day. Disaster.
Good luck to you!!

Syaoransbear
February 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM
When I saw the title I was going to welcome you to the dark side, but then I saw it was YOU and I'm sad for the loss of your awesome awesome color :(.

enfys
February 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Boots sell a version of Colour Oops?

I can't wait to see the results after the magic happens:magic:

Shermie Girl
February 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
*Stalking this thread...* :D

Unofficial_Rose
February 10th, 2010, 03:19 PM
:drama: Awaiting the pics.

BelleBot
February 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Haha, just washed it out! It needs just as long in rinsing time as developing apparently, so very boring - 20 mins + 20 mins. I opted for mermaid soaks as well as showers just to keep the energy bill down.

Well so far it looks very ginger when wet. With strange very pale pink streaks and strawberry blonde streaks. Who knows what it'll look like when it's dry. My roots look dark in comparison, but they're very small, so hopefully won't be noticeable.

The condition hasn't changed a great deal. 2 lots of "buffer" shampoo left it feeling very squeaky, but it didn't seem damaged, and I didn't shed any more than I would during a normal shower. I've plonked nearly half a bottle of cone free conditioner on it and it seems back to it's normal soft tangle free self. I've put a bit more on and left it on for a more intensive treatment. I'll rinse it out in about an hour probably.

Just to clarify, the pink went over a month ago, it's been dark chocolate since January. Not any more!

Oh and I hope no one takes offence at my "dumb blonde" comments before, they're tongue in cheek of course. :p

elina333
February 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Pictures, pictures, pictures! :D

:drama:

BelleBot
February 10th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I'll update tomorrow with pictures. Tried to take a few now, but we have nasty energy saving bulbs in my house so any photos I've taken look horrid as the colours are all off. :shrug: I'll try again in daylight.

I was bad and quickly went over it with a hairdryer on a low heat. Not done that in ages. My blowdrying brush is still covered in pink hair hehe! :p

Now it's starting to dry it's a dark strawberry blonde on top. Not far off my natural colour, just more gingery lol! The lengths are a light auburn colour with a few gingery streaks, red streaks, blonde streaks, brown streaks and pink strinks. Lol! But they kind of all blend in together.

My hair is so poofy at the moment. Always is when I dye it or so do something like that. I've smoothed it down with coconut oil and put it in a braid to sleep in. Hopefully it'll be dry by morning so I can really see what the colour is like. I'm really excited. I've never been this colour before. :D

Messyhair
February 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Oooooh, exciting!! Can't wait to see the new colour. :cheer:

BelleBot
February 11th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Well it's looking very ginger at the moment. I love the colour. Fortunately it's not too blonde as I feared it might go. There'll still be a lot of colour build up left. But I'm happy with how it's turned out. Not even going to bother with the ash toner I bought.

Still can't get a decent photo as it's overcast here and I only have the camera on my phone. My other camera has gone walkies.

It was this (bun waves)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4783&pictureid=63519
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4783&pictureid=63520

Now it's this (wrinkly from sleep braid) I've edited the photos to rectify the previous issue. I'm hoping these are ok now.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4783&pictureid=63599
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4783&pictureid=63602

Sorry about the big pictures and the previous ones of course.

Deb!
February 11th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I love the final color!

Are you going to leave it as such or "play" with it a bit more?

annie09
February 11th, 2010, 05:29 AM
looks great well done ...... did you know we can see your boob? lol:oops:

FrannyG
February 11th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Well, you have proven that you are gorgeous in just about every shade imaginable. Well done, and keep treating your hair like fine lace. Even if it doesn't seem damaged, you know that it must be on some level (voice of experience here).

Beautiful. :blossom:

Svenja
February 11th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Hello! Wonderful results!
Can I ask, this colour remover is not bleach, right? So actually it should not damage my hair, or should it? I have no idea of colour removers whatsoever, but my sister has wanted to get rid off dark lengths for ages. So I wonder if this remover damages the hair. She would not want to use something that damages her hair (dead hair-proud she is!)

Ta! And congrats on your beautiful hair!

BelleBot
February 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Huge apologies about the boob picture. I totally didn't realise anything was visible. Thanks for removing it for me. Super embarrassed! Didn't think the other 2 pics were a problem. But best on the safe side. So thanks again.The colour b4 doesn't contain any bleach or peroxide, i checked the ingredients. However it is a bit drying so be warned you'll need a conditioning treatment. So there will be some damage but it's minimal compared to bleach etc. It's available on boots.com don't think they stock it in stores.

coscass
February 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Huge apologies about the boob picture. I totally didn't realise anything was visible. Thanks for removing it for me. Super embarrassed! Didn't think the other 2 pics were a problem. But best on the safe side. So thanks again.The colour b4 doesn't contain any bleach or peroxide, i checked the ingredients. However it is a bit drying so be warned you'll need a conditioning treatment. So there will be some damage but it's minimal compared to bleach etc. It's available on boots.com don't think they stock it in stores.

What ColourOops does (and what I assume this product does, as well), is it seeps into the hairshaft and opens it up, then shrinks the dye molecules down. They become so tiny they just rinse out. But yeah, there's a bit of damage, but nowhere near as bad if you were to use bleach. You can actually use ColourOops two days in a row if you want/need to.

BelleBot
February 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
What ColourOops does (and what I assume this product does, as well), is it seeps into the hairshaft and opens it up, then shrinks the dye molecules down. They become so tiny they just rinse out. But yeah, there's a bit of damage, but nowhere near as bad if you were to use bleach. You can actually use ColourOops two days in a row if you want/need to.

Yup, that's exactly what it says it does. I'm guessing it's pretty much the same stuff, just coloroops isn't available in the uk. As i said apart from being a bit drying there isn't any visible damage. So any damage done is minimal.

ETA I've replaced the "after" photos. They should be ok now. Apologies again for the previous ones.