February 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Who founded LHC?

I don't know but I'm eternally grateful and my hair thanks them everyday !! :D

frangipani
February 10th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Me too! :bowtome:

clichepithet
February 10th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Shh! When you speak of the Gods you draw their attention!

*dives behind the couch*

Stephanie is the site owner. Though I don't know if that is the same as founder.

FrannyG
February 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
This is the beautiful Queen Coffee Bean herself, Stephanie (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=1), who is the site owner. :bowtome:: And yes, we all love her. :crush:

Radulfr
February 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
The *original* LHC, which broke away from LHL was founded by Shawnee who later retired from site ownership. Stephanie took over and improved the site to the present format around 2003.

lora410
February 10th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I am glad to both Shawnee and Stephanie. I haven't seen a post from Stephanie in a really long time.

Carolyn
February 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM
There have been several LHC history threads in the past. I'm way too lazy to search them out right now but they're there if you're curious. Some of us have been here since 1999 when Jennifer Bahney started longhairlovers.com.

Beatnik Guy
February 10th, 2010, 03:22 PM
...and some of us have been here since before Jennifer Bahney posted at TLHS to say she'd opened LHL. Although, I must admit to not being "here" to remember Karen Shelton's pre-Hairboutique incursions into long hair on the internet. The history is complex. :wink:

morguebabe
February 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I think i joined sometimes around lhl with Jennifer, I think.... but it's been awhile. History here is complex

Little_Bird
February 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Wow, all this takes us a long way back. I'm curious to find out more, so if anyone finds the other history threads please post them :D

enfys
February 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Wow, all this takes us a long way back. I'm curious to find out more, so if anyone finds the other history threads please post them :D

I haven't found any so far.

I've been lurking on various hair boards since 2003, possible 2002 so I know I'd have come across this site. I don't think I was a member though. Network 54 is pretty familiar though. And I still hate the format!

Carolyn
February 10th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I think i joined sometimes around lhl with Jennifer, I think.... but it's been awhile. History here is complexYes I'm sure I remember you from those days.

misstwist
February 10th, 2010, 04:02 PM
There have been several LHC history threads in the past. I'm way too lazy to search them out right now but they're there if you're curious. Some of us have been here since 1999 when Jennifer Bahney started longhairlovers.com.

Wow, I didn't realize how long I spent lurking on the long hair boards before joining. I started lurking at LHL before I got divorced, and that was March 2000.

starlights
February 10th, 2010, 04:35 PM
thanks & my appreciation to those involved with a site like this :)

Chrissy
February 10th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'm an oldie too. LHL (Long Hair Lovers). I'm pretty sure Net 54 was before that. Am I remembering right? Any other oldies remember?

redneckprincess
February 10th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I always wondered that but never thought to ask...I am forever greatful to her/them/you, lol

Carolyn
February 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm an oldie too. LHL (Long Hair Lovers). I'm pretty sure Net 54 was before that. Am I remembering right? Any other oldies remember?If I remember (and I might be wrong) LHL came first and then Net 54 when LHL went partially pay. You had to pay to see and use all of the site. Before LHL there was TLHS (now gone) and Hairboutique.

SimplyViki
February 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Anybody know what's the connection/separation between the loom on Net54 and LHC? I've noticed a lot of overlap, but haven't figured out the back story.

Radulfr
February 10th, 2010, 07:16 PM
The founder of the Long Hair Loom (Fox) was also in LHL before the split. She was an LHC'er for a while before forming her own site.

morguebabe
February 10th, 2010, 07:44 PM
If I remember (and I might be wrong) LHL came first and then Net 54 when LHL went partially pay. You had to pay to see and use all of the site. Before LHL there was TLHS (now gone) and Hairboutique.

yeah I think thats what I remember

yellowchariot
February 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Who founded LHC?

Shh! When you speak of the Gods you draw their attention!

*dives behind the couch*

Stephanie is the site owner. Though I don't know if that is the same as founder.

I heard that a very powerful Sith Lord'ess was very strong with the force, and she had the ability to make her hair grow an inch per day! However the study of this type of knowledge was forbidden by the Jedi Council, thus driving her away. She later founded a website deep in the outer realm of the galaxy.

Then a great battle took place against the Long Haired Sith, and the Bald Headed Jedi (like yoda) The Sith was so powerful with their magnificent sleek shiny hair, that it blinded the Jedi. Thus the Jedi lost the battle. Nevertheless, before the Jedi was defeated one short haired Jedi managed to destroy the sacred teachings found in the website's database. :luke: However the Sith Lord'ess managed to escape without a trace.

Since there are no written scrolls of the sacred and forbidden teachings, it was passed down through generations by hear say, only word of the mouth. Some say that this very forum is one of the forbidden database entries that the Jedi did not destroy. While others say that The Sith Lord'ess still lurks out there, somewhere rebuilding her website database. No one really knows for sure.

This is the beautiful Queen Coffee Bean herself, Stephanie (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=1), who is the site owner. :bowtome:: And yes, we all love her. :crush:

^ AH! I didn't know that! Her hair is awesome! She is strong with the force! ;)

Teacherbear
February 10th, 2010, 09:15 PM
This thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20585&highlight=shawnee)has some information about the formation of this version of LHC and previous versions of hair sites. There are other threads, I'm sure, but after finding this one I stopped looking.

Chrissy
February 11th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Thanks other oldies. My brain can't remember all the changes. We have been here in hair land much longer than it states on our status'.

mellie
February 11th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Another very thankful person here!! :flowers:

Dani
February 11th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Some of us have been here since 1999 when Jennifer Bahney started longhairlovers.com.

You're kickin' it old school. :D I remember, one day when I was 18, I searched "long hair care" and the rest is (hair) history. :p The first friends I ever made online were Steph and Tbear. I can't believe how long it's been! I've got a family and stuff now. :cheese::pumpkin::p:D

Dani
February 11th, 2010, 04:49 AM
...and some of us have been here since before Jennifer Bahney posted at TLHS to say she'd opened LHL.

Yes! I remember! The new LHL was supposed to be fantastic and amazing and we were excited, but then... blaaahhhrg. What a fantastic disappoinment! We had to start paying money (what money?! :p) I was highly unimpressed. :p But I was young and my brain wasn't awake yet (heh), so who knows what I was expecting. Thank goodness for Steph and her brilliant mind. :D This site kicks ass and always has.

JamieLeigh
February 11th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I completely LOVE both Shawnee and Stephanie for taking the time to found and improve upon a site like this. This is my favorite place on the internet - not only because it deals with my favorite subject, but also for the friendships I've forged here. :flower:

halo_tightens
February 11th, 2010, 08:43 AM
It is fascinating to hear some of the history behind this place... I know how very much it means to me, and I've been here only a short time!

I hope we're all still here, happily chattering away about our hair and everything else in our lives, for many happy and interesting years into the future. :grouphug:

cmnt831
February 11th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I'm just grateful that I stumbled across this place. And thanks to all those who made it successful enough that it's still going strong in 2010 to help those in hair need. :D

Flaxen
February 11th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Here's (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22794) an archived thread about the history of TLHC, and if anyone wants to read our (Shawnee's) old board, it's here (http://www.network54.com/Forum/191096/page-59). Oh, and if you want to go WAY back, the old Long Hair Lover's board is here (http://www.network54.com/Forum/25339/). :grin:

Dani
February 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Oh my dear god! I just searched my name on the old LHL and I'm all overwhelmed with craziness. I totally forgot about my little monkeyface man in my signature, too! I guess I have a thing for cute animal faces. :p I'll go back and read dorky young-dani stuff of mine on a day when I'm feeling more adventurous and open to feelings of young supergeeky dorkishness on my part. Le sigh. :cheese:

Forever_Sophie
February 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Oh my dear god! I just searched my name on the old LHL and I'm all overwhelmed with craziness. I totally forgot about my little monkeyface man in my signature, too! I guess I have a thing for cute animal faces. :p I'll go back and read dorky young-dani stuff of mine on a day when I'm feeling more adventurous and open to feelings of young supergeeky dorkishness on my part. Le sigh. :cheese:
The Dani I "know"?!?! What are the chances? Just signed in and see your name as the last post, and that excited me. Just like the old days :) (btw, it's Laura!).

Dani
February 11th, 2010, 05:13 PM
The Dani I "know"?!?! What are the chances? Just signed in and see your name as the last post, and that excited me. Just like the old days :) (btw, it's Laura!).

Okay, whoa. WTH are *you* doing here?! :D:cheese: Did I know you were on here? Because if I did I totally forgot a long time ago... This is crazy. Ppl don't just "run into" each other on the internet! LOL This is too cool. I've been hanging around LHC the past couple months (after only checking in twice a year or something since Molly was born four years ago), and I'm all addicted to it again. It's nice to have time to geek on the computer again. :D BTW, your hair is gorgeous and luh-hooong! :happydance:

I also haven't been to icompact in years. I wonder what's going on there these days... I look up things on MUA sometimes... :magic:

yellowchariot
February 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Network54, was that some kind of VIP disco jive club you all had going on back then?

I bet you all had bell-bottomed get-ups on with fringes and massively poofy 80's hair! hehe j/k!

Nevertheless you all have come a long way with the forums congratulations :thumbsup:

Forever_Sophie
February 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Okay, whoa. WTH are *you* doing here?! :D:cheese: Did I know you were on here? Because if I did I totally forgot a long time ago... This is crazy. Ppl don't just "run into" each other on the internet! LOL This is too cool. I've been hanging around LHC the past couple months (after only checking in twice a year or something since Molly was born four years ago), and I'm all addicted to it again. It's nice to have time to geek on the computer again. :D BTW, your hair is gorgeous and luh-hooong! :happydance:

I also haven't been to icompact in years. I wonder what's going on there these days... I look up things on MUA sometimes... :magic:
It's wild, isn't it?!?! Funny thing, YOU were the one to direct me back here when I left that site! And now you're back and all is right with the world :D I'm surprised I didn't catch on to your name here before!

Thanks so much for the sweet compliment! Hope to see some of your pics soon :)

Just went to LHL and signed in, wasn't sure the name would work, but it's the same as icompact and MUA...and the email I signed up with feels like a lifetime ago! LOL

Wait, re-reading, Molly is 4??? oy vey... I should probably go pop a Geritol now :o :p

justgreen
February 11th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Forums come and go...but LHC remains ever steady and true. Because we make the bestest friends here!

Flaxen
February 11th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Network54, was that some kind of VIP disco jive club you all had going on back then?
Uh huh.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/musical/discoball.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)
:disco:

Tresses
February 11th, 2010, 08:21 PM
You're kickin' it old school. :D I remember, one day when I was 18, I searched "long hair care" and the rest is (hair) history. :p The first friends I ever made online were Steph and Tbear. I can't believe how long it's been! I've got a family and stuff now. :cheese::pumpkin::p:D

::blink blink:: Dani?! Well, hello there! :grin: We were all much younger then. ;) It's fun to see folks pop in here. I haven't been active on the boards in forever either (working on my blog), but LHC always brings me back. :)

If I remember (and I might be wrong) LHL came first and then Net 54 when LHL went partially pay. You had to pay to see and use all of the site. Before LHL there was TLHS (now gone) and Hairboutique.

Net54 was the first LHL board. Jennifer went to a totally different format (remember the peach background that gave people migraines?) for the partial pay site.

Carolyn
February 12th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Net54 was the first LHL board. Jennifer went to a totally different format (remember the peach background that gave people migraines?) for the partial pay site.:D Oh yes I do remember the peach background! I just thought that Net 54 was something different than her first message board. In the link that Flaxen posted to the early LHL board, the date is 2002 and it begins with a transition to a new board. I'm sure LHL began in 1999. Are those archives still around? They used to be able to be accessed at LHL but I don't find links now or message boards of any kind. I remember going back there and checking out my first posts.

Radulfr
February 12th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I'm sure LHL began in 1999. Are those archives still around? They used to be able to be accessed at LHL but I don't find links now or message boards of any kind.

Check out Flaxen's links to LHL and old LHC (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=970965&postcount=31)in the top post on the previous page.

Carolyn
February 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Check out Flaxen's links to LHL and old LHC (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=970965&postcount=31)in the top post on the previous page.Yes. That's exactly what I did. Those boards date to 2002. The old LHL began before that as I said my my previous post. I was wondering if there are still records around from before those 2 boards. I guess I didn't make it clear.

Pixna
February 12th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Yikes! I'm petrified to see what wrote way back then. :blueeek: I can't believe how long the boards (and some of us here!) have been around. WOW, time flies!

I'm so grateful to ALL the people who have made this site what it is today. It's been an interesting journey, to say the least, hasn't it?! :smirk:

Radulfr
February 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Yes. That's exactly what I did. Those boards date to 2002. The old LHL began before that as I said my my previous post. I was wondering if there are still records around from before those 2 boards. I guess I didn't make it clear.

Start of Friendship board in October 2000
http://www.network54.com/Forum/85105/page-178

Start of Longhair Discussion Board in June 1999
http://www.network54.com/Forum/25339/page-606

You have to play with the number on the bottom of the pages.
Or in the URL line as above.

Unless LHLovers Gallery and TLHS is what you had in mind. Don't know that those forums exist any more.

Radulfr
February 12th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I'm so grateful to ALL the people who have made this site what it is today. It's been an interesting journey, to say the least, hasn't it?! :smirk:
Yup Pixna, to say the least. ;)

Carolyn
February 12th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Start of Friendship board in October 2000
http://www.network54.com/Forum/85105/page-178

Start of Longhair Discussion Board in June 1999
http://www.network54.com/Forum/25339/page-606

You have to play with the number on the bottom of the pages.
Or in the URL line as above.

Unless LHLovers Gallery and TLHS is what you had in mind. Don't know that those forums exist any more.Ah :) that's what I was looking for! I'm not computer saavy enough to think of these things.

yellowchariot
February 12th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Uh huh.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/musical/discoball.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)
:disco:

^ LOL that's a good one! I could just hear a guitar right now doing the "wah wah" boogie!

This forum certainly has come a loooong way, from those links posted. Back when I dated my first g/f, I think she ran across one of those links when during research on her own hair (this was around 2001-2002) :p and now, here I am :o lol, full circle.

OMG what if she's still here right now!?!? :run:

FrannyG
February 12th, 2010, 02:18 PM
This forum certainly has come a loooong way, from those links posted. Back when I dated my first g/f, I think she ran across one of those links when during research on her own hair (this was around 2001-2002) :p and now, here I am :o lol, full circle.

OMG what if she's still here right now!?!? :run:

:spitting:
:rollin:

Pixna
February 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I'm reading about all the history and looking at the old links...and I see my old pic and signature. What's really weird is that I look so much younger...and it's just from BEHIND! How could that be?!! :p And my hair was actually SHORT then (but compared to my hair now, it was LONG). I can't wait for it to be that "short" again, and for me to look that young again from the rear. :laugh:

Carolyn
February 12th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I'm reading about all the history and looking at the old links...and I see my old pic and signature. What's really weird is that I look so much younger...and it's just from BEHIND! How could that be?!! :p And my hair was actually SHORT then (but compared to my hair now, it was LONG). I can't wait for it to be that "short" again, and for me to look that young again from the rear. :laugh:You still look young!

Pixna
February 12th, 2010, 03:51 PM
You still look young!

Awww. You're so sweet, Carolyn, as always. :inlove:

Radulfr
February 12th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Pixna, you look a lot younger now than in the three post-chop pics in your album. :agree:
You really do!

Pixna
February 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Pixna, you look a lot younger now than in the three post-chop pics in your album. :agree:
You really do!

Hahahahaha!!! Well, that just goes to show that long hair truly does make us look younger! ;) You are such a peach, Radulfr. :smooch:

sarahramen
February 16th, 2010, 06:23 PM
not a clue but doesnt steffanie own it so her maybe?

Bunnyhare
February 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM
OOOH links to old cheesey gallery stuff! now i have an entirely new way to run on LHC when i have insomnia...

zen_oven
February 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Gosh, you learn something new every day. I am very grateful to those ladies--I'm back on LHC after a long hiatus and I missed this place!

sweet*things
February 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I went crazy plugging possible usernames into the search at the network54 site trying to find myself. Then I tried my first name and it worked. :D I did an intro in 2001, but I think I've been lurking around hair boards off and on as far back as '98/'99.

yellowchariot
February 17th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hahahahaha!!! Well, that just goes to show that long hair truly does make us look younger! ;) You are such a peach, Radulfr. :smooch:

^ I think that Pixna, has stumbled upon a piece of the lost database that the Jedi tried to destroy. She clearly has learn this sacred forbidden knowledge of eternal youth, that the Sith Lord'ess no doubt kept record of. ;)

RedButterfly
February 17th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I'm one of the LHC members who remembers the transitions from the Network 54 boards and the history with LHL.

It is so nice to see so many of the original LHC members here and many new faces too! :)

JaneinMarch
February 17th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I remember LHL, but not before that. I lurked mostly and recall many very heated discussions, which is why I guess I just read and didn't participate. I loved the old-fashioned look of LHL and the flowing mouse-thingy that followed your arrow all over the page.

Giggy2
February 17th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I'm still here too! <waving> I also remember when LHL became a pay site. It used to have a forum format similar to this one...If I remember correctly. Then we went to the N54 format and everyone hated it. Awe heck I'm too old to remember....

Even though I have shorter hair now, I still come back just because it feels like home. LHC is a wonderful place to come to just to unwind and relax. It's like walking in to the local pub and everyone knows you. <chime in "Cheers" song>

Stephanie and the moderators have done a fantastic job of maintaining the site! Thank you all of you. :-)

Chrissy
February 18th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I agree with you Giggy! Nice to see other people who have been around as long as I have.

Pixna
February 18th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I'm still here too! <waving> I also remember when LHL became a pay site. It used to have a forum format similar to this one...If I remember correctly. Then we went to the N54 format and everyone hated it. Awe heck I'm too old to remember....

Even though I have shorter hair now, I still come back just because it feels like home. LHC is a wonderful place to come to just to unwind and relax. It's like walking in to the local pub and everyone knows you. <chime in "Cheers" song>

Hahaha!! I can hear it playing here (at least in my head)!! :smirk:

Stephanie and the moderators have done a fantastic job of maintaining the site! Thank you all of you. :-)

And a great big DITTO from me, too!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: