PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Virginia!

Mae
February 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone!

We're having lots and lots of snow here in Virginia, so I'm all shut up in the house. I thought I would take this opportunity to de-lurk and join TLHC, which I am very excited about!

My hair is short at the moment, but my goal is to reach waist-length. I have already learned so much from the public threads, and I am ready for more hair knowledge! I am a rabid experimenter with my hair (I have been known to pour all sorts of crazy stuff on my head to "see what happens") Hopefully this community will teach me restraint as well as proper hair care! :) I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing my hair journey!

Sammich
February 10th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Oh hello thereee. My boyfriend is from virginia and is currently living there now! :D Have a good time growing your hair and have fun with every stage. ;) That's what I did. :)
Your goal will possibly change, I know mine did. I originally wanted hip and now I want classic! :p

Mae
February 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks Sammich! I can't imagine having a goal longer than waist, because my hair has never been longer than APL (and just barely, then) Hip and beyond seem like miles and miles :)

Jeni
February 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Welcome to LHC, always good to see another Virginian.

Belledandy
February 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Welcome! Be prepared to be completely enabled :)

Mae
February 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks Jeni and Belledandy! I am so stoked to be enabled :D Hopefully this community will be the Wilson to my House (sorry, I can't resist referencing my favorite TV show!)

yellowchariot
February 10th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Hello Mae, There is a ton of snow here in Southwest Virginia! The main roads are covered!

You have a pretty cool avatar, nice blond hair! Welcome to the forum! Peace out! :)

Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks yellowchariot!

I'm in Charlottesville and it's hard to believe how much snow we got. I keep looking outside and wondering if maybe without my noticing I was transported to Minnesota or something! :)

little_cherry
February 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Welcome! Be prepared to be completely enabled :)
This is no understatement! :D

Welcome!

Mae
February 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks little_cherry!

Kirzja
February 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Welcome to LHC and have fun growing! :)

Oskimosa
February 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Welcome from another Virginian! :) After hanging out a bit, make sure you check out the articles section. There is all kinds of good stuff in there!

Mae
February 11th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks Kirzja and Oskimosa!

I've read the newbie advice article and I'm looking forward to reading more. I feel like I could spend hours and hours on TLHC reading and admiring everyone's lovely hair. Actually, that's exactly what I've been doing the past two days! :p

LaurelSpring
February 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Mae,
Welcome! I love in VA also near Fredericksburg so you are only about an hour away. I was actually up that way a few weeks ago. Its a great place.

I have about 2 inches to waist right now. Just keep the faith!

Jeni
February 11th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks yellowchariot!

I'm in Charlottesville and it's hard to believe how much snow we got. I keep looking outside and wondering if maybe without my noticing I was transported to Minnesota or something! :)

I'm in Harrisonburg!

yellowchariot
February 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks yellowchariot!

^ Haha, at least some of the main roads have been cleared off! I think it took the state by surprise! :bigtongue:
Though the secondary roads are still in bad shape.

Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:13 PM
It's great to see so many Virginia people on here. I feel happy that there are lots of good hair vibes close by!

yellowchariot
February 12th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I had no idea this many people were from VA. I live near the Abingdon/Bristol area, not very far from TN either!

mari.of.magdal
February 15th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Hi, I am new too. I live in Hampton, VA. We got teased with the snow.
Happy Hair Growing to you.

Mae
February 15th, 2010, 07:27 PM
And Happy Hair Growing to you, too, mari.of.magdal! Yay for newbies!