PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if you hair needs moisture and/or oil?

jaine
February 10th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I apologize if someone has already asked this ... but how do you know when you hair needs a deep moisture treatment like an SMT? If your hair feels OK can you just skip it?

:confused:

cmnt831
February 10th, 2010, 08:54 AM
When I notice my hair looking extra frizzy, dry and dull, I'll do a deep moisture treatment. I also check my husband's hair for the same signs. He's got dark blond hair and I also notice that it starts looking a lot lighter when it needs moisture. I oil his hair every day, too, but that's not always enough and we have to do a moisture treatment on it sometimes. So, if my hair/my husband's hair feels and looks OK, I just skip it. :p

Dreams_in_Pink
February 10th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Frizz is my hair's way of reminding me to oil/moisturize. You can definitely skip it if your hair feels ok.

GoddesJourney
February 10th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Whenever it's dry, crunchy, or frizzy, moisture is a good idea. Some people do light oilings at night just to make sure it never gets dry, which is actually a pretty good idea.

Yozhik
February 10th, 2010, 10:03 AM
If my hair feels crispy at the bottoms, then I know it's time to oil :)

Since your hair isn't super-long, you may not need to do any treatments yet (because it's still relatively young).

VenusHalley
February 10th, 2010, 10:05 AM
when it feels dry, frizzy and looks lifeless.

csm--carla
February 10th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Dry, Frizzy, Tangley, Annoying and Unmanagable? A few drops of Olive oil to the rescue!:cheese::cheese::cheese: Works amazing wonders.

My hair is so coarse and dry I almost can not have too much oil on my hair. I oil several times a day with a drop or 2.

jaine
February 10th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Thank you for the tips!!
I think my hair feels good ... I use a rather oily conditioner almost daily (Aubrey Organics White Camellia) so maybe that's enough for it.

I wonder if a mod can fix the subject of this thread to say "your hair" instead of "you hair" ... I just noticed my typo!

starlights
February 10th, 2010, 04:36 PM
i notice my hair needs oil / treatment when my scalp starts to itch and i notice flaky scalp... that means treatment time!!!