PDA

View Full Version : What Could This Mean......

lhangel9
February 9th, 2010, 08:49 PM
My scalp has been itching horribly over the past two weeks....almost non-stop.:mad: Before you all start giving instructions i.e. scalp abrasions / scalp infections / unclean scalp / etc. Note: that I keep my hair clean (I wash every other day) and I don't use SLS, cones, etc. I don't have any scalp irritations and I mostly do WO's. (Even when I did wash with shampoo it would itch terribly! which was one of the reasons I decided to stop using shampoo) But..it seems to happen shortly after I massage my scalp which I do every other day for about 10 mins. I've also noticed a lot of "peach fuzz" in the areas that itches so much. Anyone know what this could mean? Does it mean that my hair has finally decided to start growing?

I use an herbal oil on my scalp (about 1/2 tsp) and my scalp still itches!!! Arrrrrgh!!! I went to a dermatologist and she couldn't find any scalp problems??? What could it be. I hope it's due to my hair growing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know I've come to the right folks!!

countryhopper
February 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I'm just going to throw some ideas out there:

*dry winter air
*washing with too hot water
*allergic reaction to the herbal oils
* new hair growing in
*dry scalp (maybe try oiling? with a gentle oil, no extra essentials)

Have you tried a vinegar rinse? a strong on: 50/50 white or ACV to water. I've heard that this is good for dandruff or an itchy scalp. I've never tried it, though...

lhangel9
February 9th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I'm just going to throw some ideas out there:

*dry winter air
*washing with too hot water
*allergic reaction to the herbal oils
* new hair growing in
*dry scalp (maybe try oiling? with a gentle oil, no extra essentials)

Have you tried a vinegar rinse? a strong on: 50/50 white or ACV to water. I've heard that this is good for dandruff or an itchy scalp. I've never tried it, though...

Thanks countryhopper! I like the, "new hair growing in" one the best!!! But I think you may be onto something. Dry winter air for sure and I could be getting an allergic reaction to the herbal oil that I use (eventhough it's consisted of Rosemary/Aloe/Lavendar/Brahmi/Shikkai/Amla, etc.) all the good things that are supposed to be great for your hair. However I do wash with "Warm" water (maybe I'll try and use cooler water). That's a good idea about the use of gentle oil. Also, I do have some "Bragg" ACV. I'm gonna try this as a rinse. Thanks again!!!

Dreams_in_Pink
February 10th, 2010, 01:55 AM
My scalp itches when it's super-clean. After hairwash, if i see my roots extra-dry, that's when i can tell i'll have the itchies on 4th day :D

But my scalp's way too dry. Your problem might be buildup on scalp. Do you scritch/scrub your scalp?

countryhopper
February 10th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Thanks countryhopper! I like the, "new hair growing in" one the best!!! But I think you may be onto something. Dry winter air for sure and I could be getting an allergic reaction to the herbal oil that I use (eventhough it's consisted of Rosemary/Aloe/Lavendar/Brahmi/Shikkai/Amla, etc.) all the good things that are supposed to be great for your hair. However I do wash with "Warm" water (maybe I'll try and use cooler water). That's a good idea about the use of gentle oil. Also, I do have some "Bragg" ACV. I'm gonna try this as a rinse. Thanks again!!!

No problem! Hope something works! :cheese: