PDA

View Full Version : Just Patting Myself On The Back

Natalia
February 9th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Just a quick totally irrelivent and self indulgent post lol :p. My brain caught up with itself recently and im feeling a little pround of myself :). I realized that it has been over a year since the last time i had a hair cut (other than 3 self dustings and lots of S&D) and the last time i dyed my hair! Also i have only used a straightener once in that time frame and only used a curling iron on my bangs for special occasions (and once on my length). I think those are some pretty good accomplishents for someone who two years ago S&Ced nearly everyday, did full length dye jobs, and straightened my length and curled my bangs 5 - 6 days a week. Now i have always been gentle with my hair and have been oiling for years but i feel taking those final steps wanted or not (beame alergic to dye, got to sick to wash/style, ect...) was worth it :).

Like i said just some self indulgent tooting of my own horn but i feel pretty good about all this and the progress ive made becasue of it and all of you :D.

Thanks everyone,
Natalia

Cheeks1206
February 9th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Congrats! :cheer:
That's a long time to go without those things, especially when you're used to doing it daily or on a scheduled routine.

Natalia
February 9th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the cheers Cheeks :)! I still dont feel quite "polished" like i used to which i really really miss but i grow my hair for me not to be a hair model. Im ok feeling a little sloppy since it make sme happier long term :)

jera
February 10th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Congrats on your healthy hair progress. I'm sure your hair is thanking you for all you're doing to keep it healthy and naturally beautiful.:)

:cheese:

spidermom
February 10th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Congratulations; here's an extra pat for your back.

Stephichan
February 10th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Congrats! I used to straighten often because my hair was so poofy. Then, I discovered as it got longer that it behaved that way because it was wavy with a little curl. Since then I've embraced it and try to enhance it.

little_cherry
February 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
*claps* That's fantastic! :)

Natalia
February 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Awwwwww! Thank you :o your all so sweet :D! Im kind of a freak already aside from the long hair thing so no one really gets it and therfore arent that enthusiastic for me. Its nice to be happy and have people be happy for you :D

Congrats! I used to straighten often because my hair was so poofy. Then, I discovered as it got longer that it behaved that way because it was wavy with a little curl. Since then I've embraced it and try to enhance it.

......Hair envy......

JamieLeigh
February 11th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Congrats! It's great to be able to pat yourself on the back and say you're doing the right stuff. I'm glad you've found what works for you and your hair! :flower:

Natalia
February 11th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Congrats! It's great to be able to pat yourself on the back and say you're doing the right stuff. I'm glad you've found what works for you and your hair! :flower:

Thanks JamieLeigh :flowers: I think ive kicked that random try every thing in sight stage and am now taking my combine hair textures into account before i try something. Still working out the kinks for now now im happy with what im doing :D

sarahramen
February 16th, 2010, 06:49 PM
good for you, keep up the good work

Natalia
February 16th, 2010, 08:30 PM
good for you, keep up the good work

Thanks Sarahramen :). Yesterday was one of those days when it just pays off and you have a great hair day for no particular reason :D.