PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the diferent ways you can wash your hair?

Anisaa
February 9th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and I have been reading a lot of threads. In many threads there are members mentioning different ways of washing their hair such as CO and CWC etc.. I was just wondering what the letters stand for and the different techniques you use to wash your hair.. Thank You ALL :heartbeat:heartbeat

Lorien
February 10th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I've been wondering the same thing! lol.. Particularly, what's 'cone' as in 'no cone'?

Nat242
February 10th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I suggest you both check out the Articles (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php)section - you'll find your answers (and plenty more) there.

Dreams_in_Pink
February 10th, 2010, 02:17 AM
CO: conditioner only wash. you simply use a conditioner instead of shampoo, for it has the required detergents to remove excess oil.

CWC: conditioner-wash-conditioner. In this one you apply conditioner first, then shampoo scalp area and then conditioner again.

WO: water-only. You use water to clean your hair.

SO: sebum only. You just brush away the dirt.

these are all i know and oh, cones are the very common ingredient in most shampoos and conditioners that provide shinier and slipper hair. They're not very welcomed here for they build up on hair making it look and feel greasy. They can only be washed away with sulphate shampoos (sulphate= Sodium laureth sulphate, ammonium laureth sulphate etc.) and sulphate shampoos aren't great for hair too, they're notorious for causing allergic reactions, oily dandruff, brittle hair, hair loss on some people.

Svenja
February 10th, 2010, 02:23 AM
cones = silicones
Other than that, I'd follow Nat242's advice :)

Lorien
February 10th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Ahh silicones! Yes, I had spent a pretty penny on a product to keep humidity off the hair and make it sleek and shiny from Bumble & Bumble which was basically silicone, great the first few days, but I did have to use the vinegar rinse to get it off after a few days.

Thanks alot for the info!

morguebabe
February 10th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Id suggest starting here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7804)