PDA

View Full Version : my first hair comment

SlightlySoprano
February 9th, 2010, 06:23 PM
was a negative one! Guys, I am soooo upset!!! This girl I know (I guess I could call her an acquaintance) said, "awwww honey you look so much better with short hair! Your ends are just too scraggly and fine for you to grow your hair out. You should really cut it again!"

:(

:cry:

restourceful
February 9th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Aww, honey, I think your hair is gorgeous! Don't let one negative comment discourage you. I think you look fabulous with long hair and your curls are wonderful. I love it.:D

catysue
February 9th, 2010, 06:30 PM
She's jealous :)

khalia27
February 9th, 2010, 06:30 PM
How rude of her. Your hair looks pretty. I don't know what gets into people sometimes.

time_on_fire
February 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
That ain't nice!

I just looked at your album, and I like your hair like that! Your ends don't look scraggly - I don't see what she's talking about.

Ella Menneau P.
February 9th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Just going by the profile picture. I think that length is incredibly flattering for the shape of your face! You're beautiful, and I think you ought to question the motivation she had when she said that, and don't give sanction to her ugly words. In other words, consider the source!

redneckprincess
February 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I think you have beautiful hair and for one Im jealous...of your curls..and length...just blow it off and forget about it, she wouldnt know good hair if it hit her in the face :)

peronella
February 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
you're hair looks beautiful, all those dark waves, lovely!

people say the strangest things...

SlightlySoprano
February 9th, 2010, 06:50 PM
:blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom: :crush:

I love you guys. I really hope she's just jealous! UGH I'm so sensitive about my hair right now because it is quite thin, but I'm hoping it will fill out a bit as it grows

Copasetic
February 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM
She is definitely jealous. Your hair looks great :)

peronella
February 9th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Mine is thin too, I always thought I couldn't grow it long at all because fine hair just doesn't look good long (according to all the magazines i shouldn't go beyond shoulder length)

But I'm learning here that anyone can have long hair if you take care of it and keep it healthy it will be beautiful :)

embee
February 9th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I have thin flat straight hair. It would still be thin, flat and straight if it were short. Ignore the comment. ;)

Yozhik
February 9th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Your hair is so pretty! I love the curls. Don't listen to her -- she's obviously constrained by mainstream ideas of fashion, which definitely shouldn't rule our lives. Since you want long hair, nothing should stop you :flower: :D

K_Angel
February 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry she said that. :grouphug:

After just looking at your profile, your hair is adorable and looks great on you! Have no idea what her problem could have been! :shrug: Probably jealousy like the others have said.

cottage46
February 9th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I don't know what possesses people to say such things. I think your hair is beautiful!

BonnyJ
February 9th, 2010, 07:40 PM
*Runs to check profile* What lovely dark curls! She is certainly jealous cause I am also, not really.

Enjoy your lovely hair.

Kelsey89
February 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM
You have beautiful hair. Ignore her negativity. :)

walterSCAN
February 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM
:mad: Argh! Your ends are neither thin nor scraggly, and your hair is gorgeous!!:headache:

:flower: She's most definitely jealous AND rude...:flower:

spidermom
February 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Sweetly reply: Well, thanks for sharing "honey"; now don't you have something to do 1000 miles south of me?

I like your hair.

lhangel9
February 9th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Ditto on the jealousy part. She could only wish for hair as pretty and long as yours. Please don't let this discourage you.

lilravendark
February 9th, 2010, 10:51 PM
she's either jealous or a completely tactless no brain wonder, people like that who are condescending and rude shouldn't be surprised if they get slapped across the face hard one of these days haha anyway you got awesome hair don't worry about what one moron says :)

AnitaThorn
February 9th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Uncool and untrue. Your hair is lovely!

Dreams_in_Pink
February 10th, 2010, 02:33 AM
it's beyond me that some people feel free to make such radical comments on other people, especially when they didn't ask for opinions.

One needs to learn to keep their mouth shut when necessary. Don't let them get to you.

Francoise1606
February 10th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Yeah, your hair looks awesome! Don't let it get to you, she probably just needs to make herself feel better by making you feel worse. Anyway, I saw your profile picture and I think you would look really good with long hair. I think it will be soooo pretty:)

merryhair
February 10th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Judging from your avatar, I could tell how lovely your hair is...don't let anyone convince you otherwise:)

Nae
February 10th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Pffffft, that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in months!! Your hair is stunning, I love your pretty ringlets!!! Besides being completely RUDE the comment also bugged me because she called you "honey," as if she thought "Well, I am going to say something bad but if I just sweeten it up with a little honey I am sure it will go down better." It is a sign, in my opinion, that she knew how awful she sounded, and didn't care. I would unaquaint her as quickly as possible.

Stay strong, oh you of the beautiful curls!

Fiferstone
February 10th, 2010, 06:16 AM
She's wrong. Full stop. Does make one wonder though, why everybody and their grandmother (quite literally) is so invested in short hair? I have hip-length stick straight fine hair. I'd love to have ringlets like yours :).

Angela_Rose
February 10th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Well, obviously she's wrong. Silly girl... and really? LHC is a whole website of folks who *know* what they're talking about when it comes to long hair. Tell your friend that you're backed up by, oh, several thousand folks who think she's got her ideas backwards.

And your curls are *lovely* and yes, you'll thicken up as you grow out.

Maelyssa
February 10th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Your hair in your profile pic is gorgeous...don't listen to her!

SHELIAANN1969
February 10th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Scraggly my foot, I don't see nothing scraggly about your hair! :flower: (I just looked at the pics, no way Jose, no scraggles there)

I would 1) ignore her lame comments, 2) suggest she get glasses, she's obviouslly blind.

ETA: I forgot to say, I love your curls, they are gorgeous!

trillcat
February 10th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I also took a look at your profile, and your hair is not in the least scraggly! I think it looks beautiful!
Some people are just rotten like that, the only way they feel better about themselves is to say something nasty about someone else, and double nasty to say it right to you!
I'm sorry her remark hurt you, but don't let it, you have lovely hair!

Ravenwaves 88
February 10th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Just by her description I was expecting something completely different than I saw in your album. Your hair is great, my first thought was a curse word or two. The Nerve!

cmnt831
February 10th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Don't listen to her. I've ignored those comments most of my life. You have beautiful hair and the longer it gets, the prettier it will be - ask me how I know. :D

Lamb
February 10th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I went to look at your profile, and I must say, your curls are beautiful. I can't see any scraggly ends at all, but there are some people who can see things that aren't there all the time. :rolleyes: We call them delusional in my neck of the woods. ;)

Ignore that girl - my standard principle is, unsolicitated comments on my appearance are always invalid and wrong.

SlightlySoprano
February 10th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you guys :crush:

I'm not going to give up. You've given me the back up I need to fight the stupid comment!

I KNOW how rude was it for her to say "Well HONEY" i wanted to be like... uh? honey? oh boy...

rchorr
February 10th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Ok, she's just confused CURLS with "scraggly" ... Sheesh! When will people learn that NOT all of us curlies want to straighten!

Your hair looks great! Please don't let her discourage you!

RCHORR'

MandaMom2Three
February 10th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Went and took a gander, your hair looks very pretty, there really isn't anything there to pick at, it's lovely! :flower:

ETA- I can't wait till someone makes a comment about my hair (or clothes, or whatever), I have a line all ready for them :D "Well, if they ever pass a law that says you have to have hair (or make up, or _______) like mine, THEN I'll care what you think!" *sits awkwardly waiting for rude comments :lol:*

SlightlySoprano
February 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM
OH EVEN BETTER I forgot to post the other half of what she said

After I said that I wasn't planning on cutting it short, she was like "oh good you can grow it out long then cut it and donate it to locks of love just like I did"

I think she thinks she's giving me advice...

VenusHalley
February 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
OH EVEN BETTER I forgot to post the other half of what she said

After I said that I wasn't planning on cutting it short, she was like "oh good you can grow it out long then cut it and donate it to locks of love just like I did"

I think she thinks she's giving me advice...

What's up with locks of love in the US of A? I don't want to get all political, but a country that still does not have universal welfare, where you pay obscene amount of money to get higher education... this country has this concern about kids with no hair? Hair donation must be the weirdest and most overrated charity out there... Hair is not gonna safe anybody... and there are really nice synthetic wigs (I just would not want wear anybody else's DNA on my head:eek:). Why do people think they are doing something so great... when they would do much more good if they gave up few Starbucks treats and donated the cash where it matters?

As for the comment. Rude and totally not true. If it was me, I would probably say something rude back ("you know, honey, only people with strong flawless faces can pull of short hair. You are not the winner").

JamieLeigh
February 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM
What's up with locks of love in the US of A? I don't want to get all political, but a country that still does not have universal welfare, where you pay obscene amount of money to get higher education... this country has this concern about kids with no hair? Hair donation must be the weirdest and most overrated charity out there... Hair is not gonna safe anybody... and there are really nice synthetic wigs (I just would not want wear anybody else's DNA on my head:eek:). Why do people think they are doing something so great... when they would do much more good if they gave up few Starbucks treats and donated the cash where it matters?

As for the comment. Rude and totally not true. If it was me, I would probably say something rude back ("you know, honey, only people with strong flawless faces can pull of short hair. You are not the winner").

^^This. Word for word, lol. :D :cheese: :D

It's interesting to note that while the US society screams out that it's OK to be different, and you should let your own flag fly, somehow society STILL tries to keep everyone with the same boring cut and colored hairstyle. Weird. Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what style this "Well, HONEY..." person was sporting when she made the comment to the OP. I'd bet anything it was a popular short style that's been manipulated to the point of crunchiness. :eyebrows:

Sarahmoon
February 11th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Ignore. She could be jealous, or just have a different taste than long hair lovers do. Even if you have the most perfect hair imaginable, there will be people who don't like it.

I wish those people would just say nothing though :roll:

curlylocks85
February 11th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Sweetly reply: Well, thanks for sharing "honey"; now don't you have something to do 1000 miles south of me?

I like your hair.

What she said! :D

Sarahmoon
February 11th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Ok I missed the other comment about Locks of Love. I think she regrets cutting it herself and now she tries to make other people do the same so she won't be alone in her misery.

SlightlySoprano
February 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Her hair is SL right now, she's 1a and her hair is THICK (lucky duck) and the funny thing is, she doesn't torture it with flat irons and what not, she actually rarely washes it, and takes really good care of it in terms of LHC standards...

sarahramen
February 16th, 2010, 06:55 PM
she lies, your hairs so pretty i wish i had curls like that

ArienEllariel
February 16th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Wow, seriously? I wish people would keep their rude, tactless comments to themselves. Also, I just have to roll my eyes and sigh at the locks of love comment. :rolleyes: Seems like everyone, the minute they hear that you're growing your hair out makes that same idiotic statement.