PDA

View Full Version : My Manic Panic and a snowstory...

hannagrrl
February 9th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Just thought this was amusing...

I ordered some Manic Panic from ebay (I try to avoid paying retail for anything).

It just came today. I think it's frozen? lol

+1 for the Eastern US Snowstorm...!

Messyhair
February 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Oooh... will that hurt it at all?

peronella
February 9th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Oh my goodness! i hope you can still use it

hannagrrl
February 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM
It wasn't frozen solid... at least. I think it should be alright. I'll most likely be finding out for sure in the next day or so. I have so much free time due to the city being mostly shut down.. now work for me in three days! woohoo! :P

hannagrrl
February 9th, 2010, 06:01 PM
*now = no.

redneckprincess
February 9th, 2010, 06:02 PM
im sure it is still useable, just let it sit and shake it up before opening it...oh and pics when your done

LoversLullaby
February 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM
What color is it? I wanna see some when it's done!
And I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. (:

hannagrrl
February 9th, 2010, 06:36 PM
It's black.
I've been keeping the lower half of my layers a solid black for about two years now.... but in turn, I've started to get a little bit sensitive. I'm thinking it's been the PPD.

There're about 5" of roots back there right now.
I've already tried henndigo and Surya's Black Creme... hasn't worked. And I'm far too lazy for a two-step process. Also... I just don't have that much time on hand most of the time. [Oh, the pains of being a modern mom!] :p

Manic Panic is supposedly vegan(/friendly?) and I haven't been able to find any mention of PPD in any listings of the ingredients. [Conversely, however, I've been unable to find any promises that it definitely does NOT have it in there!]
But it's worth a try.

PS: You'll get root pictures when my son and my laptop both decide to cooperate with me!!

Fractalsofhair
February 9th, 2010, 06:41 PM
There's no PPD in it. It's FD&C dyes, which have all sorts of other problems if you eat them. It's not long lasting, and does not use developer, so thus it's not likely to have PPD. It has a complete list of ingredients, and if it had PPD, it would be required to list that!

However, if you want it to last for a long time, I'd suggest leaving it on your head for 8+ hours when you have time. Otherwise, it can fade pretty quickly!

Also, it will be fine frozen, provided you thaw it before use!

hannagrrl
February 9th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the info!

When ever I put streaks in, I always use foils and leave it in overnight. Applying it in the black uses a slightly different technique... I'll most likely wrap it up under some plastic and use heat. Otherwise, I foresee a black mess in my future!

hannagrrl
February 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Alright. Here's a "before" pic of my roots!
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_PZI5QdwpZYE/S3JW7lBdWiI/AAAAAAAAAp4/IykIIdjtu9s/s512/102_1504.JPG

hannagrrl
February 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaand............ here's the After!!
[Granted... It's still wet, so naturally it'll look darker, and there's still plenty of time for it to fade/wash out, but honestly, even THIS is a HUGE DIFFERENCE from the last two tries!]
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_PZI5QdwpZYE/S3MZU6yvz8I/AAAAAAAAAqg/bYz5OjeM06A/s512/102_1569.JPG

PS: I can edit posts and have an album now! Yay!! :D

Aer
February 22nd, 2010, 10:33 PM
I like it! I was thinking of doing black streaks using manic panic. Your hair looks cool, I'm one of the few that love different tone layers.

ilovelonghair
February 22nd, 2010, 11:25 PM
You used it over henna? I always wanted blue streaks, but I think my hair is too dark and I'm not going to bleach!