PDA

View Full Version : Growth cycles/patterns?

MandyBeth
February 9th, 2010, 05:00 PM
So, what have other people noticed their hair does in terms of cycles?

I personally don't notice a heavy difference between warm/cold weather yet - but may not be enough.

I have a heavier shed in the fall, but again, hard to measure with short hair. I don't notice less hair on my head as much as I notice more in the drain or in my comb.

Jumps in growth - my hair will be the same for 2 weeks, no growth that I notice, and then in 1 week, I'll develop really obvious roots.

My back and sides grow faster than my top - didn't notice this really until the henna roots have shown up. I was always figuring the top and front were shorter because that area breaks more. But that area has about 3/8" of roots, my sides are at a good 1/2", and the back section is at 5/8" roots.

My right side is thinner, with a fairly noticeable difference if I put in two braids or tails. I think that's somewhat from always sleeping on my right side, somewhat from permanent damage from the PPD. There isn't any thin areas that I notice, or that DBF or my mom have noticed, but I sure can tell the difference in two pigtails!

missjessiecakes
February 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I grow 1inch in the 6 summer months and .5-.75 in the winter months.

My canopy grows faster than the under part and the right side of my hair is thinner than the left as well but it grows faster than the left as well.

redneckprincess
February 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I havent been paying that close of attention to my hair growth long enough to tell if there is a sesional change in growth rate...but I can say that for weeks and weeks it seams to just sit then then seemingly overnight looks as if it gained 2 inches...i think its just watched pot syndrom

lhangel9
February 9th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Although my hair grows sooooooooo slow, it seems to grow much faster in the summer than all of the other seasons. In the winter it just stalls for months at a time.

hanne jensen
February 10th, 2010, 03:32 AM
My hair grows like a weed in the winter. I get about 2.5 centimeters a month and around the Vernal Equinox my growth slows to about 1.5 centimeters TOTAL until September.

spidermom
February 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM
My hair grows fastest July-January, slowest January-April, then speeds up a little for April-July.

GoddesJourney
February 10th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Mine was growing 1 inch per month for my first four months on LHC. I wasn't measuring before that. After around maybe June or July it slowed to maybe .75 for a month or two and then to about .5 inches. I'm hoping it picks back up soon as the warm weather is approaching. It's been hard to measure since I've been cutting a lot to remove layers and then damage. My hair used to be thinner on one side but I think it's pretty even now. I think that's because I stopped parting my hair in any specific place.

Rhiannon7
February 10th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I've had the same problem. have seen (measured ) little growth from april until dec. 2009. but can see that hair has grown, pictures show me the hair has grown alot since March 2009. anyway, i have not measured yet this month, but i think my growing cycle is mostly fall/winter/spring, but have not paid too much attention in the last year. paying more attention now and will be checking growth often now to see my growth patterns/cycles.