PDA

View Full Version : how can i protect my hair from hairdresser?

lesbia
February 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
this week i'll go to a salon to cut my bangs (only my bangs, nobody can touch my lenght!:D)
i have to wash here my hair, and also pleating them. My hair are very fragile and i have some split ends because i don't cut them since a year...how can i protect my lenght? what should i do after end befour?

oil? cassia? help!! :o

morguebabe
February 9th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Are you asking how to protect your hair in the salon?
If I dont want them to touch anything and only do a bang a trim I wash the way I normally do, pull my hair into a loose english braid, and pull out the bangs and part I want them to touch, and I explain to them the length isn't getting washed, nor are they touching it.

lesbia
February 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Of course this would be the best way, but I go to the salon with my mother, because she also had to cut her hair. And she don't hear to me: she says that if i go to an hairdresser i MUST let her deal with my hair. The only thing i can do, in her opinion, it's to ask her to don't cut my lenght. I don't want to argue with her, i think that only once phon and brush will not kill my hair, but i'm thinking how limit the brekage :)

Stormsong
February 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM
It's your hair, and it's for you to tell the hairdresser how you want them to do it. I'd do what Morguebabe said, if they need your bangs to be damp whilst they cut them, they can mist/spray them.

That said, if your mother really insists, you could take in your own comb/brush and explain to the hairdresser that you find your hair is fragile, ask them to gently wash it (ie no vigorous scrubbing) and that you want to comb/brush it out after washing if it must be washed, and then ask them to loosely plait the length again before they then cut your bangs. If you think they are being too harsh when they wash your hair, tell them to stop, and explain again, or ask them to just rinse and get it over with.

I think though that if you have washed your hair yourself just before you go, then they won't mind not washing and just trimming your bangs dry (or with a mister/spray if necessary).

Shermie Girl
February 9th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Simply wash your hair before your appointment. Pull your length back in a braid or ponytail or bun, leaving the fringe free. Tell your stylist that you already washed your hair and don't want a shampoo and that the only service you want is your fringe trimmed.

It is your hair. If you don't want a shampoo in the salon or your length touched, you don't have to have those things done. Be firm and stand up for what you want. :)

Leena7
February 9th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Tell the hairdresser that you want only your bangs trimmed. The stylist probably won't bother washing your hair if you tell him/her before you get to the styling chair. I recently got my bangs trimmed and the salon didn't even charge me.
However, if you don't already have bangs and are planning on getting bangs, I think the stylist will probably wash your hair. If you think your length doesn't need a trim, tell the stylist that you are trying to grow out the length and that you don't want a trim right now.