PDA

View Full Version : New here...

DaniiL
February 9th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I'm 33 years old, from Sweden, married with three wonderful children. (Most of the time ;)) I've had long hair practically all of my life. Well, compared to many of you here I guess I never had really long hair! :D
About two years ago a hairdresser cut my hair too short, shorter than I have had since I was about four. Didn't like that, :(, long hair is part of my "personality".
My hair has always been very thick, but kind of straight. My dream hair has always been curly hair! Lately I have found my hair to be more curly for any reason, don't really know why. I was feeling glad about it, but didn't have any experience of how to deal with curly hair. Search the internet for advice and found a Swedish site that recommended the conditioner only method. So now I've been no poo for about a month. Tried egg wash too, (egg, honey, ACV) and my hair loved it!
I also got a haircut about a month ago, cut it in layers since the hair underneath is curlier and the hair over it is still pretty straight. And sure it is a lot curlier now.

But... now that I have more curly hair, I really want a long hair with no layers! :D Don't care that much about curls anymore, now I want the lenght! Haha, isn't that funny, you always want what you don't have! :D
So now I've started to grow my hair out. I really want my layers to grow out. And my bangs! (For any reason I cut a bang about three months ago. Never had a bang, so I wanted to see what it looked like. That was a mistake, I don't look good in it!)

So yesterday I messured my hair for the first time ever. It wasn't easy, got different messaures every time. But my hair is about 54 cm/21.5 inches, from forhead, that's the way to do it, right? The shortest layer is about 35cm/14 inches.
My goal right now is for the layers to grow out. But BSL would be nice. That is about 62 cm/24.5 inches. (I'm tall.) The shortest part of the bang is 10 cm/4 inches.

So this is already too long. Pictures will come eventually.
I'm glad I found this forum! :)

Tangerine
February 9th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Welcome to the boards, DaniiL! :flower:

DaniiL
February 9th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Thanks Tangerine! :)

naereid
February 9th, 2010, 04:53 AM
I feel your pain about growing out layers! I got mine in June 2008 and it was such a mistake. My shortest layer was so short I couldn't even tuck it behind my ears (now it's to my shoulders). So from the front my hair looks really short, and from the back the upper half is full while the lower half is thin. :( And I can't do braids or buns without the layers poking out.

It's very annoying, but we mustn't give up! :knit:

DaniiL
February 9th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Thanks naereid for the encouragement! :)
Let's grow out those layers together!

My hair is like yours, my upper hair is full and my lower hair is thin. Don't like it at all!!! :( Never again!

Annoying is the word for it! :mad:

How long is your longest hair? What is your goal?

DaniiL
February 9th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Ok, I could see the length of your hair and your goal now.
Just couldn't see the profiles before when writing the reply.
New to this you know! :D

Svenja
February 9th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Hej och välkommen!
I am with you in the task of growing layers out!

morguebabe
February 9th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Hello, and welcome.

DaniiL
February 9th, 2010, 05:55 AM
So, now I've got a profile picture. The pic is from June last year. Since then I've cut my hair twice with layers... Why, why??? :mad:
My hair looked so much better then than it looks now!

Wish that I had found this site back then, and that I had started the growth at that time. I would have been so much closer to my goal now if so!

But I now I have to look forward! :)

DaniiL
February 9th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Sveja: Tack! (Är du svensk?)
We're in this project of growing out layers together!
Good luck to you!

morguebabe: Hello, and thanks!

kelly-j
February 9th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Welcome to the boards! Here you will find lots of info and encouragement on your way to long and healthy hair.

Välkommen!

DaniiL
February 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks to you too Kelly-j!

Don't really understand this site yet, but I guess there is a lot of info to get!