PDA

View Full Version : Is this a wig?

morguebabe
February 8th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Its from that horrible People Of Walmart (http://www.***************.com/?p=8828) site but I keep staring at this picture
is it mini dreads? its is yarn falls? Is it a wig? Is that really real !

Xandergrammy
February 8th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Whew! I have no clue, but whatever it is, it's really big!! :bigeyes:

marikamt
February 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I think it looks like real hair fried, tortured and bleached to death......

freckles
February 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Wow. I have no idea what it is … but for some reason I can't stop looking.

morguebabe
February 8th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Wow. I have no idea what it is … but for some reason I can't stop looking.

I know I kinda like it, in a its so long, and thick and big way...but I don't know.... I just keep staring at it.

ambism
February 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Cousin It!

... ahem, could be half-half. But, I'm willing to bet that most of it is real hair. It looks very heavy o_O.

BlackfootHair
February 8th, 2010, 08:26 AM
That is....disturbing. If I seen that I'd push myself up against the aisle till they passed.

Angela_Rose
February 8th, 2010, 09:16 AM
It looks like the sheepskin capelet Victoria wears in Twilight...

Finoriel
February 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Thatīs my cousin :D Itt just likes dreads and big hair.

:ponder:
Isnīt it paradox that we who are slightly irked by people asking questions like "Is this your real hair?" or "When do you get a real haircut?" or "Hair of that length is freaky." catch ourselves wondering the same? :wink:

spidermom
February 8th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Deeply disturbing. It looks like yarn.

Dreams_in_Pink
February 8th, 2010, 10:19 AM
oh heavens :D i think it SHOULD have some kind of extensions in it, or else that person's hair is the thickest one in the world!! we gotta see the front to tell what exactly it is.

curlycrown
February 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Wow! The things that people see at walmart!

enfys
February 8th, 2010, 11:47 AM
What is that site? Is it photos people have taken in Walmart or something? Because I'd be really quite freaked out to see myself on that site.

I'd guess it's a photoshop job on shoulder length real hair, blown up to take over a body!

trolleypup
February 8th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I'd guess it's a photoshop job on shoulder length real hair, blown up to take over a body!
That is my thought.

MandyBeth
February 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
It's not the length that is freaky - it's the fried, dried and slightly green hue that's got me baffled.

Leisje
February 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM
It looks like a wool dread wig to me. I have long black wool dread hair falls, and when I used to wear them both on a single ponytail it kind of looked like that. Really full, and fluffy and long.
If that's real hair I would be very surprised!

zift
February 8th, 2010, 01:08 PM
And I thought I had big hair :lol:
It looks so unreal that it had to be real. Who would buy that much hair?
Is it only me who thinks it looks awesome:D

hennared
February 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM
From comments on the site:

"Looks like a muppet grocery shopping".

ha ha ha ha ha!

GoddesJourney
February 8th, 2010, 01:18 PM
That's what happens to hair on the Island of Dr. Moreau...

ilovelonghair
February 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I think it is some kind of a monster that tries to eat that person :D

Gypsy
February 8th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Those are real pictures random folks take of people who are shopping at Walmart and then submit them to the site. So, look sharp, the next time you go to Walmart, people, lol!
So, most likely, that person really was in that Walmart with that "hair".:rolleyes:
I can't tell if it's a wig or extensions without seeing the front. My guess is that it's extensions, though. I have seen them done like that, but with black hair.

GlassEyes
February 8th, 2010, 01:56 PM
It's probably shooped.

That said, it doesn't disturb me, though I can't tell if its real hair or yarn dreads if it isn't photoshopped. :shrug: Picture quality is a bit low.

Though that site is funny, sometimes I get irritated with it. |: Not everyone thinks everyone else is a freak. xD;

GlassEyes
February 8th, 2010, 01:59 PM
http://media.***************.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/933.jpg

That one looks awesome! :D

Speckla
February 8th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Looks like Cousin It took growth hormones....and grew longer limbs.

Heidi_234
February 8th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Doesn't disturb me. Whether it's a wig, or dreads or real hair, to each their own. There are so many people here on the boards getting upset about mean comments about your hair, why would you do the same regarding this person's hair?

freznow
February 8th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Looks like dreads with extensions... if real at all.

Kinda cool, but it's odd seeing only the back.

feralnature
February 8th, 2010, 03:23 PM
OMG! I have been on that walmart site now for 2 hours! I started out reading this thread and now I am addicted to the ugly walmart people site! There are hundreds of pics! And it is not photoshopped!

Funny how so many of those people are from my home state of Texas...I think I have seen some of them....

feralnature
February 8th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Doesn't disturb me. Whether it's a wig, or dreads or real hair, to each their own. There are so many people here on the boards getting upset about mean comments about your hair, why would you do the same regarding this person's hair?

comic relief

Lixie
February 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM

This. Perhaps we're all just jealous? :wink:

Copasetic
February 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Aaww. I like it. Rock what you got!

But I feel like it might be a wig. It is SO thick.

jivete
February 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM

She looks like she's on her way to Burning Man! I love it.

HildeMV
February 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Oh, I've been to that site more than once. It's like I can't look away. :p I doubt that mop is 100% real.

Sissy
February 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM

This is what I think as well.

ravenreed
February 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Back in the day, I often forgot something I needed for a weekend faire and would end up shopping at the supermarket in full faire garb before heading out. I'm sure that had the Walmart site existed then (or the internet, for that matter), I would have been right there with the other "oddities."

freckles
February 8th, 2010, 04:53 PM
FWIW, my comment wasn't intended to be mean at all. I'm just confused :p

-simply Venus-
February 8th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Oh my gosh! I remember seeing that picture the other day and thinking "WOW, that is a LOT of hair!!! Is it real?!" Lol!!

OMG! I have been on that walmart site now for 2 hours! I started out reading this thread and now I am addicted to the ugly walmart people site! There are hundreds of pics! And it is not photoshopped!

Funny how so many of those people are from my home state of Texas...I think I have seen some of them....
You've been on it? D; XDD I want to see! If I were on it, I'd be like REMOVE ME, NOW! Hopefully I don't do anything to get on it though. =/ >.<

CaityBear
February 8th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Attack of the hair!!!

Holy, if I've ever seen lots of hair that's it! lol It's huge.

I couldn't say what it is. It does sort of look like yarn though...

Fiferstone
February 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Back in the day, I often forgot something I needed for a weekend faire and would end up shopping at the supermarket in full faire garb before heading out. I'm sure that had the Walmart site existed then (or the internet, for that matter), I would have been right there with the other "oddities."
Hi Ravenreed, this is my day to quote you :).
I'm a reenactor, and we often wind up hitting the local supermarket or WalMart in search of some much needed thing that never made it into the tons of junk in the back our collective vehicles. So we schlep over to the strip mall and hit WalMart or the local supermarket (and 9 times out of 10 we're from WAY out of town). Get the necessary, and realize that people are shooting us the quick glances and/or whispering behind their hands to one another...."What's up with them?" :looks down at self and sees the 18th century uniform: "Oh....OK."

Chrissy
February 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
It's Sammy Hagar's evil twin!! Someone post a pic of him if you could. I don't know how.

morguebabe
February 8th, 2010, 08:29 PM

LOL I know I love that one... she looks great IMO

ravenreed
February 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Ah yes, I remember those looks well. Actually, I am reminded of a recent occurrence when I got to re-experience them.

I belly dance now, and there was an event at a local park. The nearest bathroom was in a Walgreens across the street. Guess who went jingling down the make up aisle in chiffon skirts, hip belt and all?!

Hi Ravenreed, this is my day to quote you :).
I'm a reenactor, and we often wind up hitting the local supermarket or WalMart in search of some much needed thing that never made it into the tons of junk in the back our collective vehicles. So we schlep over to the strip mall and hit WalMart or the local supermarket (and 9 times out of 10 we're from WAY out of town). Get the necessary, and realize that people are shooting us the quick glances and/or whispering behind their hands to one another...."What's up with them?" :looks down at self and sees the 18th century uniform: "Oh....OK."

morguebabe
February 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Ah yes, I remember those looks well. Actually, I am reminded of a recent occurrence when I got to re-experience them.

I belly dance now, and there was an event at a local park. The nearest bathroom was in a Walgreens across the street. Guess who went jingling down the make up aisle in chiffon skirts, hip belt and all?!

In college for some reason I was in a kimino (my fathers from Japan when he was there), and full Geisha face paint.......I went to Shop rite...... lol.

merryhair
February 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I have no idea...but that's way too thick!;)

kwaniesiam
February 9th, 2010, 09:09 AM
It looks like a dread wig/falls made from yarn.

Beesweet
February 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I don't know what it is, but I think I want it.

Sometimes I go on that site just to make sure I wasn't photographed and put on it.

kmangus
February 9th, 2010, 09:45 AM
dang it! Someone took a picture of me while I was shopping? Come on guys, give me a break, I hadn't had a chance to comb my hair that morning! ;)

Qamar
February 9th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I bellydance and have often stopped at Walmart, the gas station, or other public places on my to or from a performance...in full costume, stage makeup, hair all done up, etc. Since I've been dancing tribal style that makes for a ton of crap in my hair, including African porcupine quills that are a foot long, flowers, elaborate necklaces, three layers of colourful skirts, hip belts that jingle or have tassels on them...bare not so tiny midriff. *lol* Our local Walmart and gas station/convenience store was used to it.

Les and I also do a lot of Ren Faires and we always like going out to mundane places in full faire garb. He's usually in a kilt with a silk great shirt and calf high handmade elkskin boots so we always end up answering a LOT of questions. Its fun messing with people, and they sometimes end up coming to faire themselves and loving it.

ilovelonghair
February 9th, 2010, 08:06 PM
The Wallmart site is really funny, but I do think they should blank the people's faces out on the pictures, so they can't be recognized (I haven't read the whole thread, maybe someone said it before me)

ilovelonghair
February 9th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Not really related to this tread (but from the wallmart site), but very funny:

http://media.***************.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/939.jpg

Looks like he didn't mind his picture being taken!

Gypsy
February 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Oh my gosh! I remember seeing that picture the other day and thinking "WOW, that is a LOT of hair!!! Is it real?!" Lol!!

You've been on it? D; XDD I want to see! If I were on it, I'd be like REMOVE ME, NOW! Hopefully I don't do anything to get on it though. =/ >.<

I don't think she meant it as in "my picture is on it" but that she's been on the site- looking at the site- for 2 hours.

RavennaNight
February 10th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Hmmm... Anyone ever consider that people do this stuff on purpose to go on ***************? Seriously, some of the stuff I see on there has to be a put-on. I mean really! Go wear something outlandish, take a camera along, go to Walmart and snap pics. Instant notoriety. Have fun with it.

Wind Dragon
February 10th, 2010, 03:11 PM

That was my first thought.

And it is not photoshopped!

Just curious, why do you think not?

FrannyG
February 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I am extremely disturbed by that website altogether. :(

shadowclaw
February 10th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Her hair very much looks like what would have happened if Dee Snyder had grown his hair longer. See this photo (http://www.rikfedyck.com/pages/entertain/images/TwistedSister.jpg) if you don't know who Dee Snyder is.

I love her leg warmers or boots or whatever they are! Fuzzy boots are fun!

There are so many people here on the boards getting upset about mean comments about your hair, why would you do the same regarding this person's hair?

Because it's human nature? It is true, though, we are being rather hypocritical by making fun of other people's hair.

Not really related to this tread (but from the wallmart site), but very funny:

http://media.***************.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/939.jpg

Looks like he didn't mind his picture being taken!

That guy is awesome! I love his visor - "Rainbow Bill".

VenusHalley
February 10th, 2010, 04:59 PM
it must be a wig or extensions... noone's hair can be that thick...

MandyBeth
February 10th, 2010, 05:54 PM
All this website has shown me is apparently I need to be taking pictures in Walmart as I've seen things that aren't shown on the website. However, the worst offender has since upgraded to Super Target that they have opened, so now I see her lame (as in lah-may, tho' both fit) sparkly lilac stretch pants there instead.

No, she is not trying to get on some website, yes she thinks her pants look good. Advice - if you are the DD, do not go into Walmart with the friends who need the DD at 2am. They will ask strangers the questions you are thinking, but will not say out loud. I would have gone over and gotten a case of Bud Light and started drinking it then, but I was the DD so I couldn't.

I will say however, I do think I appear to be a freak show to some who shop at Walmart, so I may yet find myself on that website.

FrannyG
February 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Because it's human nature? It is true, though, we are being rather hypocritical by making fun of other people's hair.

You know, it's a cop-out to say that it's human nature. I'm a human and it's not in my nature to publicly humiliate a stranger due to their appearance.

My comment wasn't directed specifically at you, shadowclaw, despite the fact that it was your quote that I posted. Clearly a lot of people feel the way you do.