PDA

View Full Version : Worried about hair loss

Monkey962
February 7th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Okay, so I probably should have posted this much sooner, but oh well. Anyhowzer, lately I've been worried about some hair loss that I suspect I may have. My lackadaisical response to it suggests that it isn't aggressive and resulting in my hair coming out in handfuls every time I comb it. However, the left side of my hairline and my crown seem to be thinning a bit. I can confirm visually that my hairline is a bit thin, but my crown looks no different (in the mirror, mind you). However, it does feel a tiny bit thinner than the surrounding scalp. Both of these areas are accompanied with dandruff and itchiness. They also tend to get oily faster than the rest of my scalp. I feel it may be a mild form of seborrhoeic dermatitis, as I've seen a dermatologist who gave me a sample of Neutrogena T/Gel, which helped a little, but my my scalp very dry. However, I don't really like that dermatologist very much, and I have a doctor's appointment coming up, perhaps I should ask for a referral? Also, what does everyone think this is? Can I get rid of it?

elina333
February 9th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I've had severe shedding twice in my life so far. It was prob due to stress the first time and then hormonal changes the second (got off the pill). The hair thins out around the hairline and its scary as h*ll... But it will come back, trust me! Other causes can be vitamin deficiency, lack of protein, lack of iron or other minerals and so on.

If you've experienced scalp issues in combination with your shedding, you should def see a doctor or a dermatologist! There might be a correlation.

Good luck! :flower:

peronella
February 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
If you dont like your doctor, you should definitely try a new one, ask for a referral.

I had this exact same problem. I dont know if its causes are the same as yours, but the symptoms were the same. I believe though it was due mostly to seborrheic dermatitis as well, I started using T/Sal (made by same people as T/Gel) because it has salicylic acid and is specifically for that. It helped i still used it periodically for upkeep.

I also started taking multivitamins and tried to reduce stress, and its a lot better, Its not falling out anymore and I have all these little new growth hairs where its coming back