PDA

View Full Version : Burning scalp?

claram89
February 7th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I haven't changed my hair "diet" at all.* The same thing since I first started growing my hair. But the past month, my scalp has felt like it's on fire. It's the exact same pain as when I would bleach my hair just a bit too long.

The only thing that has helped relieve it is my husband's Tea Tree conditioner. My theory is that since I'm pregnant that it's doing crazy things to my head. Could that be all it is? Or could my hair diet finally have started to affect me poorly? :confused:

*I probably should change it though. I haven't seen great results from the shampoo/conditioner I've been using, but I can't part with it because I spent like... $15 on it.

Flaxen
February 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Well, there goes my idea. :lol: I was going to suggest you look for tea tree oil to be the cause of the stinging. That does it for me like nothing else.

It makes sense to me that you could have become sensitive to something during your pregnancy. It sounds more topical than something you are eating (or not eating). I would stop using the products and don't worry about what they cost. Congratulations, by the way! :blossom:

claram89
February 7th, 2010, 03:27 PM
It did seem to happen once I changed trimesters and just got worse and worse. I will just toss the shampoo I bought then. I didn't like the smell of it anyway. =)