PDA

View Full Version : Oil hurt my scalp?

Anywhere
February 7th, 2010, 07:39 AM
i did a heavy oiling before my shower last night with EVOO like I tend to do once a week or so. since I have a dry scalp I always try and get some oil on it. upon washing it out, however, i found that my scalp was rather sore.
I lightly scratched my scalp a little since it felt like there was lots of (now oiled) dead skin on it so I could look at it.. I hardly scratched at all but there was blood in it, and a mysterious bloody spot behind my ear near my hairline as well (where I did not scratch, i noticed a painful itching sensation after my shower and went to look in a mirror)

could this be from leaving the oil on too long, or oiling too often? Its the same oil I've always used, from the same bottle as always. and how can I recuperate my sore, scabby scalp? :confused:
any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Bunnyhare
February 7th, 2010, 07:57 AM
i feel for you:grouphug:, i don't have any answers but i would think doing nothing to it until it heals up may help just incase..we can get sensitive to things we use all the time at the drop of a hat..

starlights
February 10th, 2010, 04:43 PM
maybe its best you leave the heavy oiling for now as your scalp sounds sensitive, it could be due to heavy oiling, maybe try massaging lesser of the oil...
but before then let your scalp recover for a few days and see if you notice any improvement?