PDA

View Full Version : is hair more fragile if not clarified?

juliesglory
February 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
i never clarified my hair and was wondering if build up could cause hair to be weaker, more fragile...
here's my routine:
i wash my hair with liquid castile soap made from 100% olive oil
then an acv rinse,
and i rinse the acv off
i do this routine once a week... and sometimes oil my hair with coconut oil...

how much build up could my hair really have? and if i decide to not clarify... what would the health of my hair be in the long run...?

my hair is APL lenght and has no split ends and is not breaking or anything, and it is virgin.

thanks for your input!

morguebabe
February 9th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I don't think so...

Teufelchen
February 9th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I don't think you get a build-up with your current routine.
If you want to be sure try to make a picture each week and see how it evolves.
Documentation is always a good thing to do.

Tomato
February 9th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Hi,
I checked the homepage of the supplier or the soap you use, the ingridients are indeed very good.
And judging from your routine and what you use you should have no problems, no build up, but very healthy hair.
Usually you get build up when you use shampoos with silicone oils which are not water soluble.
As Teufelchen suggested, watch your hair for a while.
But I think it should be all right!

King regards from Vienna,
Tomato

FrannyG
February 9th, 2010, 08:01 AM
If you do get buildup, you'll know it, because your ends will feel like velcro. When that happens, yes, your hair is more fragile and benefits from being clarified. From what you say, and having read your routine, you sound fine.

Dreams_in_Pink
February 9th, 2010, 08:10 AM
i don't believe such small things can weaken hair. Hair's such a strong material which can endure very high levels of heat and dangerous chemicals. Unless you're going for floor-length hair, i don't think not clarifying would damage hair...