PDA

View Full Version : In The Red

09robiha
February 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Ok..so in short i have a complete love affair with red hair. I have e ver since i can remeber and have sported several differant shades ranging from strawberry blonde, to copper, to the current colour...a dark almost burgandy colour. I have one problem. The red fades soooo fast and im talking after 2 weeks or so. Is there anything i can do to help it?? I heard putting a little red dye in my condish could help (something like manic panic??). I already CO and wash in warm water not hot.

Any advice is greatly needed and appreiciated...i am actaully a little scared of washing my hair now!!

bunnii
February 6th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I had red hair for a couple of years, but I never found a way to stop it fading :(

The water where I live now has alot of red in it, it dyes tiles, showers, baths, sinks...everything! red lol.

Actually now I think of it I did use a red shampoo that deposits colour, I think it was John Freida, It was drying though :(

Dreah
February 6th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I've been experimenting with Manic Panic mixed with conditioner, and so far it's worked pretty well. I used the Vampire Red color and mixed it with about 3/4th a bottle of conditioner. I use it once a week or so, and it freshens up my red nicely.

Keep in mind, t's pretty messy though!

Francoise1606
February 6th, 2010, 03:18 PM
There is henna, but it's permanent, and is not easily bleached out or removed. That may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your wishes.

Isilme
February 6th, 2010, 03:21 PM
special effects is a semi permanent colour without peroxide that holds on pretty well. Do you use a permenent red with ammonia and peroxide? If so maybe your hair is a bit damaged and has problems holding onto the red. Have you read about henna? It's very very permanent but also very good for your hair, it's not for everyone but worth looking into!

Shermie Girl
February 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
If you are absolutely, 100% positive, from the bottom of your heart that red is for your head forever, henna might be what the doctor ordered.

Henna will give you a just for you red, it gives the hair mad shine, and is permanent. I am talking no force on heaven and Earth can remove it except for scissors permanent. Repeated applications can give you that deep, intense burgundy red and it will stay that way. If you are interested in it, there is a ton of good info on the subject on the natural products sub forum. :D

morguebabe
February 6th, 2010, 04:06 PM
John Fredia makes a color deposting gloss that works well.
And the line of shampoos ARTEC works well to for color deposits.