PDA

View Full Version : A Year and a Day at LHC [Pic heavy]

LittleOrca
February 6th, 2010, 12:59 PM
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/images/smilies/bdance.gifHappy 1 Year Anniversary to Me!http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/images/smilies/bdance.gif

So I totally thought my one year anniversary was the 9th, but as it turns out it was yesterday!

One year ago I did a web search for long hair care and found this place. I had let my hair go dramatically and was not taking as good care of it as I had in the past. It has been dyed, exposed to chlorine with no protection, I knew nothing of protective hair styles, or even how to do anything with my hair other than a braid or low ponytail. I didn't even know one stick could hold up all my hair! What I did know was that my hair needed help and I was not willing to give into society and chop it all off. Since then, my hair has grown a total of seven inches, even if the length has not gotten much longer because of damage. (I measure growth via my virgin hair vs. dyed hair).

I'd like to thank all my new friends here who have helped me with hair problems, the compliments on my photos, and all the advice I have gotten in hard times as well as the fun ones. I also really enjoyed the gift exchange I participated in and need to find the time and money to participate in more of them! I also really loved the meets. Omg, Airmide, I LOVED that Indian Food place. I even tried to make the butter chicken at home. I think I invented a plate called "Heart Attack 3 sticks of butter with some chicken in it somewhere."

I am also glad I have have had a lot of support throughout my surgery and weight loss. Ironically I am getting more love and support here than I was on the Lap-Band forum. I guess that is because here we are all a sort of Forum-Family and any problem a friend goes through we are willing to help with.

Now, what you have been waiting for, the photos!

`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸ ¸.•*``*•.¸ ¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*` *•.¸¸.•*``*•.¸ ¸.•*

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Long%20Hair%20Journey/user19816_pic31292_1234085831.jpg
Here was my long hair in undergrad school before I really started to neglect it. (Roughly 2006/7)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Long%20Hair%20Journey/user19816_pic31414_1234211890.jpg
This was the picture I took when I first joined (Feb 2009). As you can see my hair is fluffy, fuzzy, and had just been dyed three months before. Yup, the waves are natural.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Long%20Hair%20Journey/user19816_pic37105_1240028150.jpg
Here I was a few months later in April 2009. I was in the middle of a no-cone trial and I didn't like what it was doing to my hair's appearance or my ends.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Long%20Hair%20Journey/LongHairSep09.jpg
My hair in September 2009. This is one of my favorite photos since it captures what my hair tends to look like out in the sun or places with a lot of light. My mom always says is looks like "spun gold" and I have even had women in public places come up and tell me the same.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Length%20Shots/IMG_2950.jpg
My hair in January 2010. The braid waves were lovely, even if I looked a little frizzy, and I could not get past the shine.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Length%20Shots/IMG_2994.jpg...http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Long%20Hair%20Journey/IMG_2976.jpg
And here is my hair today. It's roughly 42 inches when the tips are pulled straight with the bulk of my hair falling between 39-40. I also included an image of my virgin hair, which is 7.5 inches now. I do not see much gain on length, but I do see a lot of gain in virgin hair, so I know it's growing!

`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸ ¸.•*``*•.¸ ¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸.•*` *•.¸¸.•*``*•.¸ ¸.•*

Thank you again to everyone for making this a fantastic year, for all the great times on this forum, and here is to many more!

RoseRedDead
February 6th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Wow. I love the little wispy wavy bits at the ends of your hair! Very romantic looking... I think you've made great progress. :flowers: Happy anniversary!

Tangerine
February 6th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Congratulations LittleOrca! Your hair really is unique - it is sooooo beautiful and completely the right dreamy tresses for a mermaid :)

ericthegreat
February 6th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Happy 1st anniversary on LHC LittleOrca! :disco::disco: As always, your hair is so shiny and in great condition, I love your shade of golden blonde!

Heidi_234
February 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I've got to say, your natural color is lovely!
Happy anniversary!

camara
February 6th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Happy anniversary, and I agree with the other posters, your hair is lovely! :)

Beaglebuddy
February 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
LittleOrca - your hair is beautiful and looks well taken care of!

patience
February 6th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! :cheese:

Nice and shiny. :cool:

janeytilllie
February 6th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Happy 1st Anniversary! :cheer: :flower:

Your hair looks lovely and so shiny! :D

Congratulations on the wonderful progress :)

cmnt831
February 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Happy anniversary! I think your hair is truly lovely. :)

NiAosSi
February 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
It is like spun gold! Congrats on making a year!

eamane
February 6th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Happy anniversary:cheer: Your hair is beautiful :)

Garnet66
February 6th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is indeed beautiful.

pepperminttea
February 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Congratulations - a year well spent by the looks of things. :)

Sammich
February 6th, 2010, 02:35 PM
How beautiful is your hair?! WOW! I love the little wispy waves... it really is so romantic and mermaid like. :D

restourceful
February 6th, 2010, 03:02 PM
:flower:Happy anniversary and congratulations, Litlle Orca! Your hair is lovely, most definitely spun gold. The shine is amazing and your waves are beautiful.

AnitaThorn
February 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Your hair is GORGEOUS! Congratulations!

paisley
February 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
It can be repeated many times: your hair is gorgeous. ;)

LittleOrca
February 6th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Thank you for all the comments and love everyone! :)

Shermie Girl
February 6th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely, lovely hair, Little Orca. :flower:

Have you really only been here a year? It feels as if you have been a member of this community for a lot longer than that. :D

Carolyn
February 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Congratulations on your LHC anniversary! :flowers: Your hair is a testament to what LHC hair care methods can do. The shine is blinding!

LittleOrca
February 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely, lovely hair, Little Orca. :flower:

Have you really only been here a year? It feels as if you have been a member of this community for a lot longer than that. :D

Yup, just a year! I have been told that it seems like I have been here longer than that before by other members. :) And thankfully my fishy-smell hasn't had you all drive me off yet! :lol:

Yozhik
February 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I love the shine and the waves! Happy anniversary!

melikai
February 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Your virgin colour is also much lighter than I thought.
Congratulations on one year at the LHC!

-simply Venus-
February 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is so shiny! Beautiful!!

cindy58
February 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is lovely.

Elphie
February 6th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Mermaids dream of having such beautiful waves as yours! I really like your ends, too!
Happy Anniversary!

KarpatiiSiv
February 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Happy 1st Anniversary. Your hair is so pretty.http://images2.teenspot.com/boards/images/smilies/mermaid.gif

Demetrue
February 6th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Beautiful waves and beautiful color and shine! I, too, thought you had been on TLHC for much longer than one year!

Cinnamon Hair
February 6th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Congrats! I love the waves and shine. :thumbsup:

Peggy E.
February 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Your beautiful hair matches your beautiful spirit - congratulations on your anniversary!

Liluri
February 6th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Congratulations on your progress and happy anniversary :)

chloeishere
February 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Your hair is beautiful, LittleOrca! It's great having you here. :flower:

WelshLocks
February 6th, 2010, 05:39 PM
You are such a mermaid!I am in love with your hair(and tail :P )

Congrats on your one year. :)

JenniferNoel
February 6th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Congratulations on your one year!!
Your hair looks amazing, and the shine is blinding (in a very good way!)!

spidermom
February 6th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Happy anniversary, LittleOrca. You have incredible shine.

PseudoScot
February 6th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Your hair is coming along so nicely and it looks great. Happy Anniversary. :D

Teazel
February 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Congratulations to you and your beautiful hair. :flowers:

slz
February 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Yup, just a year! I have been told that it seems like I have been here longer than that before by other members. :)
Yep and that's what I was going to say, too - I was sure you'd been there much longer than me, hehe. Happy anniversary and I wish you even more growth and shine (is that at all possible ? :D ) for your continued long hair journey.

redneckprincess
February 6th, 2010, 07:15 PM
congrats on your year and your beautiful hair

Aquamarine
February 6th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Happy Anniversary LittleOcra!:cheer: Your hair is really shiny...I've got to say that it's really like "spun gold":) Congratulations!!:cheese:

sally_neuf
February 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Happy Anniversary LittleOrca :blossom: may you keep delighting us with your shiny and beautiful hair, as well as your other interesting and magical things such as mermaid videos, harp music and dancing fairies!

RavennaNight
February 6th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Happy Anniversary Little Orca!:cake: Your waves have such a defined squiggly pattern. It's awesome!

serious
February 7th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Congratulations, Little Mermaid,
your hair is beautiful!:sun:

jera
February 7th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Happy anniversary to one of the prettiest faerie mermaid sprites at LHC. :)

Your beautiful wavy hair is an inspiration to the rest of us.

Melisande
February 7th, 2010, 04:52 AM
LittleOrca, your hair is beautiful and looks very happy. The waves, the waves! And the shine. Like the sea under the sun ;-) ... just as it should for a mermaid.

clairenewcastle
February 7th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Happy Anniversay Little Orcca!
I love how your magical hair ripples down your back.:blossom:

Ryanne
February 7th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flower:

Locksmith
February 7th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Oh wow! Your hair is so beautiful! I love the shine and gloss you have on those fairytale ends.

camirra555
February 7th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair always looked good but it definitely looks healthier now!

Naava
February 7th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Happy anniversary!

Liss
February 7th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Happy Anniversary and best wishes for a lifetime filled with fabulous hair. You are an inspiration to so many of us newbies here.